Default a good state to work in?

ok im in alabama right now. i really like alabama but its just so dang hot! now i want to get everyones opinions on where else would be a good state. i dont want to go too far west, and i dont want to go to florida or tennessee. where do yall work and what would make your state worth moving to? im basing my search on job market (fire fighting), population (not too big a city but big enough to do some hiring) and deer hunting.

Forum Member

Cool

Iíll trade you the heat and humidity for a few inches of snow Iíve got up here in the UP of Michigan.

MembersZone Subscriber

Come to virginia

The SouthWest is being over run by deer (just extended rifle season by two weeks) and the job market is pretty open right now ESP if you are already or are interested in becoming a Medic as well.

Oh - and for the record I prefer to work in either the State of Insanity or the State of Confusion - makes the shifts go by much easier.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

MembersZone Subscriber

From what you have said you are looking for SC is a pretty decent state to work in. Even the major cities arent huge so it gives you the feel of city life at a more relaxed pace. Deer hunting here is pretty decent and so is the weather. The biggest drawback there is to working on a FD around here is that SC is a right to work state, so unions are not very big down here. But if you could care less either way about the union you should enjoy it. Being a medic will help around here but its nowhere near mandatory, as a matter of fact firemedics are kinda rare. Cost of living is fairly even throughout the state with the highest being along the coast especially the Hilton Head area. Any other questions you have just ask.
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Forum Member

the lower pennuslia in mich. the temp range is warm in the summer but come deer season brrrrrrrrrrrrr. it gets cold too.deparments around me are alaways looking for people.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Go west, young man...

Idaho, baby. Moved here 12 years ago from "back east". Yeah, the fire activity isn't like back home, but living in Boise more than makes up for it. Deer season? Yeah, we've got that. We've also got elk, bear, antelope, duck, goose, even mountain lion. If it has fur or feathers, you can shoot it here.
    Boise is about 200,000 in 65 square miles, and you can shoot an elk in less than an hour's drive from downtown. The fire department is 240 strong, hires about 10 to 12 a year and is getting ready to go ALS. The next few years will see quite a few retirements, so come on out. Check www.cityofboise.org for Human Resources info. We'll be testing in March or April.

Permanently Removed

Default Texas...

I have never worked or lived there but everyone that
    I know LOVES it there. I guess the housing market is
    good and there are always a lot of fire jobs listed.
    (www.firecareers.com)

Plus the BBQ and women are fine. Hope that helps...

Thread Information