MembersZone Subscriber

Default question for leaders/advisors

Hello everyone,
    I have a quetion that I hope someone here can answer as I am not getting a good response from anyone local.
    I met with the leader of an Explorer post and teh batallion chief and was offered a position as a "female advisor". I understood even at that time that the reason that I was being offered the position was because they had a "promising female in the explorers program and aren't allowed to take her along on trips without an advisor". Fine. I thought this would be a great position anyway. Initially I ws told that I needed to fill out an application, they would do a background check, and I would have to pay $10 to pay for insurance and that would cover the year.
    Well, fine. I met with them and the leader wasn't there the next meeting but the meeting after that I told hmm that I needed teh application and that I also had the money to give to him. He said not toworry about the application and to give the money to teh explorer post finance person, he handles the money.

My question is this, without filling out that application and hiving it approved, and I'm not sure about the $10 thing. Wouldn't that money be made out to the Learning for life and not to the post itself? Am I really a member of teh post? I have been going a for a few months now.
    Thanks.

Forum Member

No you are not. And make the check out to Boy Scouts of America.

are you being insured under the fire department? i had to fill out papers with the department for insurance.
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Correct info?

Okay so I finally got a return call from the boy scouts and they told me that the head advisor normally writes one big check in December to cover the entire year. They said that I should give the money to him and that they will make sure that I am on the advisor roster ( she was the one who did my "training"). I told her that I would write a check. Not that I didn't trust them but so that if it came back for some reason saying I owed money, that it would show that I did give money and it says what it was for on the check itself. So, looks like things are good to go.

Thread Information