Thread: Finally:)

Forum Member

Default Finally:)

After all this hard work it has paid off, We got our fire Grant today for 85,658 or something like that. were going to buy about 50 sets of gear and 10 SCBA's and a TIC.

We been lucky here latelly

New Squad
    Soon to arive 1964 ladder truck
    Passed 2 fire levys
    grant from state to add on station
    And now the Grant what else is to come!!!

Actually we knew yesterday we were getting the Grant, Rob Portmans office called our station and talked to our chief and informed him that tomorrow we will recieve our grant.

So how long does it actually take to get the money?
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Congrats, sounds like y'all are running a good streak.

Money is available whenever the link 'Manage Grant' appears on the application web site. Go through that and it has the links for requesting funds.

Forum Member

Is it possible to submit the 1199A, receive and answer the 7 questions correctly and not receive a grant?

It's been almost 3 weeks since we answered the 7 questions and have not heard anything from FEMA. I know that I have been impatient, but the suspense has been nerve racking. This is the farthest we have gotten in the grant process after applying for 3 years.

Good luck to everyone!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The range of time between questions, 1199A, and announcement ranges from 2-7 weeks, so you're still right in the middle.

Fear not young grasshopper, soon it will all make sense. Dollars and cents. Then you can go shopping for toys.

Forum Member

Thanks for the moral boost, BC79er!!

Forum Member

redtrucks it took a little over a month to get the final word of our grant. It might be nerve racking, but in the long run it is way worth it. Have the checkbook ready........oh wait, they dont release the money until a few weeks after your notified. Ours will be released today .

Forum Member

Default HAVE PATIENCE !!! easier said than done...

We got our 1199 link about 11:00am on 9/20.. took it to the bank that afternoon and faxed, emailed, and snail mailed it that afternoon. Received an acknowledgement on the website on 9/30 and to my personnal email account on 10/6. Finally got my questions ( 14 of them !! ) on 10/17 and sent them back on 10/19 and received an acknowledgement on 10/21.

As of today.... still waiting ..

ps.. I got more questions because we applied for a fire /smoke detector system for our firehouse.. and it is a landmarked structure.

Forum Member

Finally, after 3 years of applying for the FEMA grant we received a phone call today from our Senators office telling us we were awarded a grant. We have been purchasing mismatched used SCBA's for years and we will now be able to purchase new SCBA's, bunker gear, and a compressor. Received the 1199A on 10/6 and the 7 questions on 10/23.

Thank you too all that have responded to my posts on this forum!

Forum Member

After you have been awarded, about how long till you actually have the money?
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

MembersZone Subscriber

BC79er answered that up above.

For me, I was able to start requesting the money in a matter of a few days.

If it were only that easy whenever we started running low on funds.

Thread Information