Question Station Furniture

Hello, we are in the process of replacing our furniture at the station and I was just wondering what brand of furniture your dept. uses. We currently have the commercial grade Flex-steel couch and two recliners. They have not held up well at all and are only about two years old. I'd like to recommend a different brand and possibly look at just buying recliners and no couch. If anyone has any suggestions, your comments would be greatly appriciated.
    "Prevent Harm, Be Safe, Be Nice"
    Protecting the south side, Co. 83

Default Are you serious?

We poured concrete benches like they sleep on in the county jails. Prevents someone on the other shift from ****ing up your *** groove.

Is your department so well off that the biggest issue is what furniture to buy?

Try whatsofawillholduptopeoplesittingonitallthetime.co m. I'm sure there is a rockin' forum over there that can help you out.

Or try not sitting on the sofa and getting out and learning your buildings...

Love,
    Freeze
    ...if you put the handline in the right spot, you won't have to jump out the window...
    -Andy "Nozzles", SQ18, 9-11-01

Truckie

Is your department so well off that the biggest issue is what furniture to buy?...
    Why the hate? You have the only fire station in the entire world with-out funiture? You spend every waking moment on duty working? Don't ever take a seat to study? Give me a break, Backdraft.

jonatl, go with a major brand for the chairs and sofa. Lay-z-boy has good quality chairs and a decent warantee. Many times you can get a deal on close-out leather furniture that wears well. Again, go with a good warantee.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

We love our La-Z-Boy recliners, had them for a few years now and they have stood up to the use and abuse.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Forum Member

Try Rooms to Go, or Farmers Furniture, I believe they both carry Laz-e-Boy. Talk to the salespeople. You know they will cheat you right!

MembersZone Subscriber

LA-Z-BOY, but spend the few extra dollard to get the commercial grade chairs. The regular stuff isn't covered when used in a firehouse.
    Last edited by ADSNWFLD; 11-13-2003 at 10:45 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I wish my squad & firehouse could get some new furniture.... If it got any older we could submit it to a museum...Firehouse isnt so much of an issue...its the squad that is the killer...
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

MembersZone Subscriber

I have to give another vote to La-Z-Boy. We were able to get 4 chairs donated from La-Z-Boy. You might want to check into it.

Forum Member

at all of our stations our furinture is our least worry. we get hand-me-downs. works well for us.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Early Adopter

We renovated our living quarters about a year ago and bought all new furniture. One of our guys' father is a furniture dealer, so we got a great deal on the new stuff. We bought some leather recliners, a sofa, bar stools, some beds and all of our tables from him. The company's brand name is Coaster.

In the last year, nearly everything has held up well. The beds squeak something awful, but we sort of bought a cheap model... so, it's our own fault. Of course, we bought pillow-top mattresses & box springs, so we sleep soundly enough to ignore the squeaking.

Forum Member

Dude, chill out. I dont know about you, but I would like to have somewhere comfortable to sit once in a while. I don't know about you, but some of us work 24 hour shifts
    A'int No Rocket Scientist's in The Firehall

Talking

I pull the 24's, and spend some of them on my lazy ***, too.

But I also take showers. I don't come in here asking what shower gel to use.

I cook. I don't ask what skillet is best.

I sleep. I don't ask what blankie is good for quality sleeping.

I take big dumps, too, but I don't think this is the place to see if anybody can recommend TP that doesn't feel like a SANDBLASTER.

I don't know, I just thought maybe the firefighters forum was as it says, for general firefighting discussion.

Maybe we need a FURNITURE FORUM...

If we had one, and this post was in it, and I were to answer it, I'd say we just got the biggest ****ing lazy-boy recliners I have EVER seen. They're made for somebody almost 7' tall. They're in the testing phase...I'll get back with ya.

By the time we have evaluated them there should be a place on FH where this subject won't be OFF-TOPIC...

Love
    BACKDRAFT
    ...if you put the handline in the right spot, you won't have to jump out the window...
    -Andy "Nozzles", SQ18, 9-11-01

MembersZone Subscriber

I think the only thing off topic about this post are the ones you've made. Like you said its general firefighting discussion. To me firefighting and firehouses pretty much go hand in hand. The guy was trying to find a way to make his firehouse better. Just relax and let people talk about what they want to talk about. If you don't think they need be talking about furniture in this forum then just keep it too yourself because no one really cares.

Thread Information