MembersZone Subscriber

Default Chicago Hiring Info

Do any of you have any information on when Chicago will be hiring next and any info on what I need to do to get the ball rolling.

Thanks,

Bobby Murphy

GFDSlappyRob
    Firehouse.com Guest

Try Going here it might help.
    www.ci.chi.il.us/Fire/
    Try Calling this number too:Chicago Fire Dept. Headquarters Station #
    (312) 745-3705

Start working out and keeping in shape and be prepared to wait 3yrs. or more
    Last edited by GFDSlappyRob; 11-25-2003 at 08:21 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't even think Chicago knows when they are going to test. There are all kinds of rumors floating around as to when they might have another test. This I can tell you for sure the last class of "candidates " aka probies went into the academy in Oct 2003 class runs about 5-6 months and there is going to be at least 1 more class right after that. They are still going thru the list from the 1995 exam.

GFDSlappyRob
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Truck32
    I don't even think Chicago knows when they are going to test. There are all kinds of rumors floating around as to when they might have another test. This I can tell you for sure the last class of "candidates " aka probies went into the academy in Oct 2003 class runs about 5-6 months and there is going to be at least 1 more class right after that. They are still going thru the list from the 1995 exam.
    Well I guess I won't be applying to Chi-Town when I turn 21 .Man they are still going through the list from 95?

Forum Member

Default Chicago test

That 1995 list will probably be up for a while--the list before that stood for 10 years, and the list before that lasted 8. When the last test was given in'95, there were 36,000 applicants.The City spent 5.5 million dollars writing a video based test that would be easy for minority applicants to succeed on. The City ranked everyone with a score of 88 or above as "Well-qualified". They HOWEVER did not call in rank score order--all 1,800 people in the Well-qualified group were considered equal in score, so if you got a 99, and somebody else got a 91, they could be called AND hired before you. And the method used in selecting potential applicants was by the last digit of your SSN. The further problem was that of the approximately 1800 well qualifieds, over 1,600 were white males. This made it difficult for the City to meet their miniority hiring quotas. As the list was whittled down, the City was forced to use candidates from the "qualified" protion of the list(scores from 75 to 87)and once they chose even 1 person from that portion of the list, they had to give them ALL a chance. And that covers some 18,000 plus names. So don't plan on seeing a new test anytime soon.

Thread Information