HNFC FF/President

Default Attn High School Juniors

Attention all High School Juniors, what are you doing this summer?

Why not enlist in the Army National Guard?!

They have a great summer job for you, it's called Basic Training and that job will pay you $1300 per month with no expenses. It's given during the summer break of junior/senior year and with enlistment you get Tuition Free College (to any college or university in your state)

This sounds like a great idea! I'm seriously thinking of doing this, MOS 12B/Combat Engineer, HOOAH!

*sure, you'll miss fire calls, but you'll be getting in the best shape of your life, in the Army National Guard!
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Forum Member

Sounds great but I'm actually headed towards the Air Force.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

Sounds like a commercial to me...

Let the recruiters talk people into it.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Not as simple as you think - take a look at our current political climate, and the 120,000 servicemen and women who are currently serving - in Iraq.

With the US Armed Forces - spread as thin as they are - the Reserve contingents of all the branches, as well as the Army and Air National Guard are going to be utilized much more.

Before you wave $1300 - with no expenses - tell them about the responsibility that comes along with that money. The responsibilty to go when called.

No need to talk to me- I served 6 years active duty, and am currently pursuing options to again join the Reserves, or possibly the Guard.

It's not just 1 weekend a month anymore.
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Forum Member

Forget the grunts....................
    GO AIR FORCE

MembersZone Subscriber

STM,

Don't support Key-board Kowboys....be a ground pounder

US ARMY HOOAH
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

only if they had a piad fire dept

HNFC FF/President

just making a suggestion to the High School juniors on this forum. And it's not a bad summer job either.

In the Army National Guard...YOU CAN!

"GOOD GAME!"

Forum Member

Sorry buddy its the marines for me!
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

well my first plan of out of high school was going to be college but ive decided to due 4 years of army as a frontline grunt! I'm looking forward to it but i also know the price that im going to pay for being army for 4 years. ALWAYS look at the price it may be no college or it could be loseing girl/boy friends, or dieing out in some 3rd world country then decide if the armed froces are right for you. Im not trying to put down joining im just saying think of the price that you will pay for doing it. alway think of the outcome.

PS from the guys who where in the armed froces they say that its a hell of alot harder then fire fighting.

MembersZone Subscriber

dude why would i want to goto that? and be stuck in it for 5 years? now tell me why? when im getting a job as a Confined Space REscue Tech? for $15 a hour

Iím not dogging the National Guard in any way but remember this. The guard is state owned whereas the Army,AirForce,Naval, and Marine Reserve are federally owned. Each state has different benefits. If something happens and you have to move to another state you have to go through the process and changing guards and the benefits may not be the same. If you join the Army, Air Force,Naval,or Marines Reserve and have to move to another state then you can just get reassigned and the benefits wont change or anything. I know with the Army Reserve you you can go to Boot Camp the summer between your Junior and Senior years and can start going to monthly drill the next month after you join. Another thing to think about is that with the National Guard the only times your considered on active duty is when youíre at Basic,AIT (Advanced Individual Training) and when your unit is activated. You canít go on active duty whenever you want. In the ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE and MARINES, if you want to go active duty then you can. Also you must remember that the $1300/a month is only when you on active duty. When you not on active duty its only about $150/a month before taxes unless you have 4 years of JROTC then its $180/ month before taxes. You also have to remember that if youíre called up to go fight over seas or during a natural disaster then YOU MUST GO THERE IS NO GETTING OUT OF IT. Personally if you ask me your better off in the regular military instead of the Gaurd. Also if your 17 you must have your parents sign for you so if they donít want you to go you cant until your 18. This is all true, I have been actively talking to recruiters from all branches of the Military including the Guard and the Guard has even confirmed this. So you should really think it out before just going and signing up. Iím not against anyone going into the guard but I just think your better off in the regular Military
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

HNFC FF/President

yeah, i myself am talking with recruiters from the Army/Navy/National Guard. If i can get damage control, i'm going to go with the Navy. I'm leaning more towards the Army, have always had an interest in the Army, Hooah! Just keeping all my options open. Plus, i'm currently in a JROTC program (Navy) I know i'm going into one of the services, it's just which one and when.

"GOOD GAME!"

Lightbulb Schmmiddy......

The air force does have a paid fire dept. I work for them. as a civilian. and i make $1300....Every two weeks!!!!
    Matt G. Warminster Fire Dept. Station 90
    IAFF Local F-106

Thread Information