Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Throw the Robots out... Simple Ideas.

Simple things to save property.

The New Zealand Fire Service has worked with NZ industry to develop a simple home sprinkler system. The cost for an average three bedroom house would be around US$ 600.00.

Have a look at Sprinklers

A Wellington electrician has taken out a world wide patent on a simple device.

Connecting to a standard smoke alarm, the device is a circuit breaker that automatically cuts power to the stove when the detector activates.

over 50% of our house fires start in the kitchen, so thats one damn smart device to build.

Throw the Robots out until we have done the common sense things to reduce a fires impact in the first place.

Any other simple ideas out there?
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber SamsonFCDES's Avatar

Default Re: Throw the Robots out... Simple Ideas.

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
    Simple things to save property.

The New Zealand Fire Service has worked with NZ industry to develop a simple home sprinkler system. The cost for an average three bedroom house would be around US$ 600.00.

Have a look at Sprinklers

A Wellington electrician has taken out a world wide patent on a simple device.

Connecting to a standard smoke alarm, the device is a circuit breaker that automatically cuts power to the stove when the detector activates.

over 50% of our house fires start in the kitchen, so thats one damn smart device to build.

Throw the Robots out until we have done the common sense things to reduce a fires impact in the first place.

Any other simple ideas out there?
    Well and good enough on your average day.

But, mother nature can ruin your average day.

In the event of a major earthquake or natural disaster (or Godzilla if you are in Tokyo ) your sprinkler systems will most likely not function due to destroyed water mains. This is where Tokoyos robots realy shine. Not at your average kitchen fire, but at your major incident.

Sure, I totaly agree that sprinklers are what is needed to remidy bread and butter fires.

But, major disasters and major fires do come along on a relatively frequent basis.

You have to be ready anything.

That is easy to forget in places that do not have a fault line, volcano, or Tsunami problem.

1923 Tokyo Earthquake and Fires.

http://www.eas.slu.edu/Earthquake_Center/1923EQ/
    Last edited by SamsonFCDES; 11-17-2003 at 12:58 PM.
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Um not raining on your parade at all, I agree they have a place.

PS have a wee look at New Zealand, we have had volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, you name it, in the last ten years.

And we have an area in the North Island that is the most Geologically active in the world. We are more than aware of what a major disaster is about. Most of the time it is simply picking up the pieces.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Thread Information