Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re: Charlie

Forum Member

Default Re: Charlie

I appreciate the numbers you have givin everybody in the past couple of days. We service over 349 Sq. Miles and our secondary dept rarly ever shows but that is a whole different story. I really don't think fema is opening their eyes to the Dept. that really need the money (this is my p.o.v). Last year we got our DJ in about the first part of the grant awardings. We have not recived nothng no 1199, no DJ(yes) nothin. I was wounderin if maybe you could open my eyes a little better to this stuff.

"If Everybody in the world worried all the time nothing would get done"

Exclamation

huh? what?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Default fireguy2003, thanks for the vote of confidence but..

The post on the other thread gives the rough figures / chances for those of us left, but my crystal ball if off line, can't predict individual application chances, without it. If you were "DJ'd" early last year, what did you learn and do different this year, we were in right to the end last year, made only a few narrative adjustments and updated figures etc. with the more $$$$, hoping it will get us in. Feel and felt it was a deserving application last year, improved our narrative about justifacation, mutual aid advantages, doing sooooooo much, and how it would improve soooo many areas of operation, etc. No not appling with shovel just improved the wording etc. I don't know if I agree with your generalization re; big depts. there are some very big municipalities that are in serious financial do0do0, and population base, call volume are major indicators / justifiers. If you saw the post about 3 in a row, NOW THERE I HAVE A REAL PROBLEM........ but not going there again see that posting. One of the replies to that post states theres other depts. that have gone 3 for 3, ggrrrrrrrrr, hooooooowwwwwllllllllll.
    GOOD LUCK with your applic. may you be next (after us, please, lol)
    (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
    BE SAFE OUT THERE
    NEVER FORGET
    GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
    IACOJ
    F.O.O.P.

Thread Information