Smile Things To Keep In Your Bunkers

As the holidays draw closer...I have been thinking about what I would like for Christmas.

I am now able to make entry into fires, and in the past have read about some things that people keep with them during interior operations that they feel come in handy or are a good tool to have for certain situations.

I was wondering what some of your suggestions would be for a christmas wish list of items that would be a good idea to have with me or things you have seen or own that you like to keep with you so I can get some ideas of what to ask for. I am also an EMT-B so if any items you carry with you in your POV, Bunkers, etc. falls under this category...Please list it as well! Also, please give the location where the item can be purchased...

If You think of some items that are just a need to have item...or something that really comes in handy...or even something that you just think is neat...you can also include them if you like!

To give you an idea of things I am talking about for those of you out there that aren't sure...Here's an example:

Hose Strap - X' in length - Available for Purchase At - ??

Thank You! I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and Holiday Season!
    Last edited by LRFireE135; 11-17-2003 at 03:12 PM.
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

Forum Member

Default There have been a couple other threads...

...covering this exact topic. If I get some time, I'll dig a little and find the titles for you.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Anything found in my posts is soley my opinion and not representative of any other individual or entity.

You know that thing inside your helmet? Use it wisely and you'll be just fine.

Forum Member

Default As promised...

Here are the thread titles I mentioned in my last post:

What tools in your pockets

So whats in/on your turnout

The old confuser here in the alarm room is a little cantankerous today (you really have to pound the "I" key to make it work and the clipboard function seems to be a little unreliable lately, among other age related issues, so if something is missing an "I", well, you can figure it out), I'm going to attempt to add a link to each thread, wish me luck. If they don't work just search for the thread titles and you'll be just fine.

What tools in your pockets

So whats in/on your turnout

Anything found in my posts is soley my opinion and not representative of any other individual or entity.

Default Thank you very much...

...for taking the time out of your day to search for these topics... Tripper...You are one of a kind! It really impressed me to see a brother do something like that without even being asked. Thank You Very Much!
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

Forum Member

Default LR enjoy

just bumped the previous thread back up for ya, Hey everyone...sorry to put something 'old' back on top but LR has a good idea we can all use an idea or two for the holidays, and what could be better the protecting our selves, or our 'brothers and sisters'. A LITTLE EARLY BUT HAPPY HOLIDAYS..... YA'LL BE SAFE OUT THERE.
    (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
    BE SAFE OUT THERE
    NEVER FORGET
    GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
    IACOJ
    F.O.O.P.

Forum Member

Default SSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRIPES!!!!!!!!!!

For cryin' out loud, don't tell anybody I did something nice, I have a rep for being a miserable SOB to maintain. Now somebody from my FD is gonna see this and expect me to be nice all the time now.

Just kidding....glad I could help out. Hope santa brings you some good junk, just don't put the piece of inner tube or the golf accessories on your list unless you play golf too. Your family might think you're even crazier than you were when you signed up for the FD.

Good Luck!!

I like to keep myelf in my bunkers.....lol
    And some road flares to find your way out of burning buildings (just kiddin don't kill me)

Figured I'd move this back up a few spots and see if we could get some more answers...

What is something you all want for Christmas???
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

Forum Member

I want a Federal Q Siren for Christmas, It's the only thing our Rescue Truck is missing
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

MembersZone Subscriber

Honestly, I would really love to have absolutely ZERO firefighter deaths for 2004.

Can you do that for me?

Thread Information