Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2706
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: faces behind the post

  1. #2181
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Richfield, NC
    Posts
    618

    Default

    FFKY only makes those runs.


    I don't know Firefighter KY could possibly make the runs haha


  2. #2182
    MembersZone Subscriber pedalinmedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Beverly Shores, Indiana
    Posts
    104

    Default why not?



    on the far right.
    Last edited by pedalinmedic; 02-29-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: cause i dont know what i am doing
    "Some people train till they get it right, we will train till we can't get it wrong"

    Is gaire cabhair de na an doras

    Virtete et Valare Luceo Non Uro

  3. #2183
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Boston Ma
    Posts
    156

    Default

    [QUOTE=EastKyFF;925202]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjake1240 View Post
    When you throw the term " In my experience", you lead people down the road that you know what your talking about.QUOTE]


    And by the way, I do know what I'm talking about. The point of my earlier posts is that NFPA requires you wear them, and if something goes wrong, noncompliance will cause you big trouble. Lairdsville is a perfect example of what happens when you don't follow NFPA. That is the standard that will be dropped in your lap in court if something goes wrong, and the fact that I'm some inexperienced bumpkin in Kentucky doesn't diminish the impact of not complying with NFPA. I don't say that out of a claim of superior experience, but out of common sense. The law says you stop at a red light, so even though she can't drive my 9-year-old is justified in telling me to stop. Her lack of experience in driving doesn't change the fact that she is correct in her understanding of the rules, and the consequences of breaking them.

    And that's all I have to say. I will hereby stop trying to hijack a nice little thread.

    First off, those who fight the fire, dont need to sit here and quote NFPA guidelines. Second off, when you actually go to a few fires, come back and talk to the rest of us. Until then , stay at your desk!! I am sure there are a few NFPA guidelines you can brush up on!!!

  4. #2184
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Boston Ma
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    ====

    One last thing. When a person professes his "experience" and another does a background check of the station in question, it might also be a good idea to research the individual on a more personal level. Just because Station X only does an average of 100 runs per year, does not necessarily mean that FFKY only makes those runs. You might find out that he has 25 years with a career dept from another life and city.....???? Now that would be a bad way to put ones foot into one's mouth. Leather shoes are tough to swallow (so I'm told).
    Another world heard from. One, I went to his dept site posted on his profile. Something tells me that if he was on another so called dept he would be posting that one as well. All info was directly from his profile. Thanks for putting your foot in your mouth, I stand by my statement.

  5. #2185
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjake1240 View Post
    Thanks for putting your foot in your mouth, I stand by my statement.
    HAHAHA!

    You claim that mahalat put his foot in his mouth with that statement?! Ummmmmmmm ok.


    I know plenty of firefighters on this site who either have been or are members of a department other than the one shown in their profile but do not have the other departments listed in their profile.

    I know plenty of guys that are now on slow departments (1000 runs a year give or take a few hundred calls) but before were on pretty busy ones (5,000-14,000 runs for vollies and as much as 60,000+ for guys that used to be career.

    Sorry that we all cant be as good as you guys up in Beantown. Your fires must be hotter and smoke thicker than the rest of the world.


    Get off your high horse.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  6. #2186
    Forum Member MaryJane69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    196

    Exclamation

    Ooooh! I can feel the evil looks flying across the room from all the way over here. You've got each others backs up guys. Can we stop the argument here before it comes to blows please? You have a difference of opinions, that much is blindingly obvious.
    I have no experience to lean on in order to put my foot into the discussion, but I just hate to see fighting going on in here. It would seem to me the safest option when going into a fire is to wear full protection gear. Some amongst you choose to leave the hood off I assume from this argument. That is their choice. If he wants to get his neck burned off that's his call, you know. Whatever, guys.
    I'll butt out now.
    Last edited by MaryJane69; 03-02-2008 at 04:15 AM.
    It's not the destination, but the journey that matters.

    Stay safe

  7. #2187
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjake1240 View Post
    Another world heard from. One, I went to his dept site posted on his profile. Something tells me that if he was on another so called dept he would be posting that one as well. All info was directly from his profile. Thanks for putting your foot in your mouth, I stand by my statement.
    I find it funny that you can talk about somebody, not knowing a damn thing about them, just from the info you found on a dept website. I found no firefighter profiles or anything for you to be able to judge this persons experience or knowledge. All you are doing is assuming and you know what they say about assuming right?? Seems to me your the only one looking like an *** here.

    As previously said, step off your high horse pal. Sorry that everybody isn't as experienced and knowledgeable as you are but you'll have to get over it.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 03-01-2008 at 06:00 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  8. #2188
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Boston Ma
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    HAHAHA!

    You claim that mahalat put his foot in his mouth with that statement?! Ummmmmmmm ok.


    I know plenty of firefighters on this site who either have been or are members of a department other than the one shown in their profile but do not have the other departments listed in their profile.

    I know plenty of guys that are now on slow departments (1000 runs a year give or take a few hundred calls) but before were on pretty busy ones (5,000-14,000 runs for vollies and as much as 60,000+ for guys that used to be career.

    Sorry that we all cant be as good as you guys up in Beantown. Your fires must be hotter and smoke thicker than the rest of the world.


    Get off your high horse.
    Oh my god!! I upset a forum bash brother!! What in the world will I ever do?? Too funny....Here is the facts, the more fires you get the more experince you have to fall back on. A guy like me, 10 years on, company Avg 800 fires a year can fall back on past experience's more so then a guy with 15 years on the fd with a dept that averages 5 fires a year. Sorry to KY, what ever the hell his name is. for pointing him out, but far to many clowns are on this site that dont have the experience to open ones mouth. Funny thing, when you get questioned you get all upset when you get exposed as the clown you are!! You all have a good night!!

  9. #2189
    Forum Member KnightnPBIArmor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Beautiful downtown Hortense, GA
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Can you guys take this to PM or email? Thought this might be one thread on here that wouldn't degenerate into a "my pee-pee is bigger than your pee-pee" kindegarten playground ****ing match.....

  10. #2190
    Forum Member FIREGIRL4EVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Carolina Backwoods
    Posts
    134

    Default

    I agree take ur hissy fit to email or pm no one wat's to here ya'lls crying
    One firefighter....one passion. and one hell of a b!tch if you rub me the wrong way.


    Ich liebe Männer in der Uniform, die eine Mädchenwelt schaukeln können

  11. #2191
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjake1240 View Post
    Oh my god!! I upset a forum bash brother!! What in the world will I ever do?? Too funny....Here is the facts, the more fires you get the more experince you have to fall back on. A guy like me, 10 years on, company Avg 800 fires a year can fall back on past experience's more so then a guy with 15 years on the fd with a dept that averages 5 fires a year. Sorry to KY, what ever the hell his name is. for pointing him out, but far to many clowns are on this site that dont have the experience to open ones mouth. Funny thing, when you get questioned you get all upset when you get exposed as the clown you are!! You all have a good night!!
    Maybe we should all just leave and let you guys who get all sorts of fire in the run of a year sit here and talk amongst yourselves. Would that make you happy? God forbid somebody speaks on something that has happened to them in the past. Just because somebody's dept doesn't get 800 fires a year doesn't mean they don't have experience. Anybody who has been around for a while has experience to draw from regardless if you get 100 calls a year or 5000. If you can't accept that, well that is your problem I guess.


    I'm done here, if you have something stupid to say to me you can PM me.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  12. #2192
    Gone.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    365

    Default

    I'm here to fix this thread. I honestly can't remember if I posted this one before, but...



    Now, you guys are done hosing down the forum with testosterone, zip up your fly's and take it to the damn PM Inbox's. Arguing on the ****ing internet...

  13. #2193
    Forum Member MaryJane69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    196

    Default

    I thought I'd contribute to the original thread topic. This my ugly mug.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It's not the destination, but the journey that matters.

    Stay safe

  14. #2194
    MembersZone Subscriber BULL321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western, NC
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    This is a picture of me (the fat guy on the left) at the training center this past fall

    Stay Safe
    Bull
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stay Safe
    Bull


    “Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

    Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL
    http://sylvafiredeptnc.tripod.com

  15. #2195
    MembersZone Subscriber BULL321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western, NC
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Another picture of my daughter and me at the firehouse

    Stay Safe
    Bull
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stay Safe
    Bull


    “Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

    Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL
    http://sylvafiredeptnc.tripod.com

  16. #2196
    makes good girls go bad BLSboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    On the beach, Fla/OCNJ
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    You sure you are at the firehouse? I mean, you got a school bus behind you!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  17. #2197
    Forum Member fireman4949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    You sure you are at the firehouse? I mean, you got a school bus behind you!
    Damn it! You beat me to it!




    Actually Bull, that's a nice pic!
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

  18. #2198
    makes good girls go bad BLSboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    On the beach, Fla/OCNJ
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Gotta be quick Loo!

    It is a pretty cool pic though, school bus aside. I remember going to the firehouse as a wee little youngun....
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  19. #2199
    MembersZone Subscriber BULL321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western, NC
    Posts
    3,404

    Default A school bus in just a tad bite darker color

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    You sure you are at the firehouse? I mean, you got a school bus behind you!
    hahaha
    I knew that one was coming. Just because Harve and I've got good taste in fire trucks, is no reason for you guys to be so jeallous.
    Aleast you didn't pick on my kid, Thanks HAHAHAHAH!

    Stay Safe
    BUll
    Stay Safe
    Bull


    “Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

    Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL
    http://sylvafiredeptnc.tripod.com

  20. #2200
    Forum Member EastKyFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    2,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    hahaha
    I knew that one was coming. Just because Harve and I've got good taste in fire trucks, is no reason for you guys to be so jeallous.
    Aleast you didn't pick on my kid, Thanks HAHAHAHAH!

    Stay Safe
    BUll
    We can't pick on the kid. She's the luckiest child in the world--born to an ugly firefighter daddy, but she's still cute! Just like my girls!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts