Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2706
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: faces behind the post

hmmm seems to be quite small...oh well

Not the first time thats been said in your presence... eh?
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Quote Originally Posted by JayFireEater View Post
    Yea.... not something you should say....
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Your girlfriend says she tells you this all the time.

------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by FireRescueTyler View Post
    Well I'm a newbie on here today so here I am!
    Welcome to the forums.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

I needed my sunglasses.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LADDER2EKU; 03-31-2008 at 07:58 PM.
    Wade Munday

www.Stafford2fire.com
    -and-
    www.fairfaxfire.org

RIP DET. VICKY ARMEL
    Fairfax County PD
    LODD
    End Of Watch 5-8-2006

RIP DEPUTY/FF JASON MOONEY
    Stafford Sheriffs/Stafford VFD
    LODD
    End Of Watch 10-19-2007

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Yup....................

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    I never claimed to be a grizzled veteran. I have 16 years in small-town volunteer fire service. I'm talking about PPE. How do you figure people are likely to get hurt by listening to little old inexperienced me and wearing full, modern PPE?

Here's a guy with some experience who saw in 1976 that getting one's ears burned isn't fun.

Sorry, but I had to dig this up. Somehow, I missed this article back in '76, but it was relevant then, and it's still relevant today. Laurel is just a bit north of us and we run their boxes on the 2nd or 3rd alarm. I've had the the good fortune to know Dr. Clark for quite some time, and VERY few other people (except Chief Billy G.) in our business share his passion for safety. In his time, Burt has gone from Rookie to Chief Officer, Picked up a Doctorate along the way, and found a position teaching at the National Fire Academy. Not too shabby for a guy who ALWAYS wants all of us to go home safely after every job. I'm all for tradition, but we can be traditional and safe at the same time. EastKy, thanks for finding this.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

.............................. ..
    Last edited by ResidentTruckie; 05-16-2010 at 09:07 PM.

RFRDxplorer Quote:
    03-28-2008 09:54 PM
    BLSboy Quote:
    03-28-2008 09:19 PM
    JHR1985 Quote:

Wow now I realize why no one likes these forums anymore. I'm a junior and I'm more mature than that.

DUDE! Seriously! If you have been around the fire department for any amount of time you would realize that this is normal firehouse kidding. If I were to say this at the station I would never live it down and the guys would be saying stuff much worse than this.

I don't mean to personally attack you, I thought it was just funny. I'm pretty sure thats what the rest of the guys thought too.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

no... I was doing a personal attack.
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

RFRDxplorer Quote:
    BLSboy Quote:
    JHR1985 Quote:

Wow now I realize why no one likes these forums anymore. I'm a junior and I'm more mature than that.
    Whatever you say "Fire Eater"
    IAFF

RFRDxplorer Quote:
    BLSboy Quote:
    JHR1985 Quote:

Wow, somebody apparently can't take a little ribbing. Me thinks you need some thicker skin if you want to last around here, or anywhere for that matter if you get that upset over those comments. That's just me though.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Last edited by ResidentTruckie; 05-16-2010 at 09:08 PM.

I would be fine with it if you made it a little less straight forward with a smiley face or something like it, unless you have no character at all like JHR1985 but thats just me.

I just don't like it at all when I say something like that and they go off on the inappropriate tangent.

And snowball, I am a junior and I still eat fire, I will be doing interior attack in just a few weeks, and I am 16. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. It's completely legal too.
    Someone PLEASE shoot me!

You must either be the only guy on your department or just really unaware of your surroundings because if that comment was made in any firehouse I have ever set foot in, you would be catching alot worse. Just brush it off.

How exactly do you eat fire if you've never been inside a fire?

Oh, and I don't care if you're 16 and can go interior. In that short amount of time, you don't even have enough crust to clean some of the guys boots on here.

I would say put that in your pipe and smoke it, but I'm not into that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ROOKIELZ View Post
    ROOKIELZ in 2007

2 hoods rook?

-Damien

Forum Member

I would be fine with it if you made it a little less straight forward with a smiley face or something like it, unless you have no character at all like JHR1985 but thats just me.

I just don't like it at all when I say something like that and they go off on the inappropriate tangent.

And snowball, I am a junior and I still eat fire, I will be doing interior attack in just a few weeks, and I am 16. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. It's completely legal too.
    Umm... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    You said you hate when people go off on "inappropriate tangents", right? So telling someone they have no character or to "put that in you pipe and smoke it" aren't "inappropriate tangents"?

A 16 year old doing interior attack... Sounds like another bad/horror headline/story from Billy G. over at FFCloseCalls.

Who ever shoots RFRD, please, take me first.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Relax bud. Trust me if that offends you all I can say is your in for a real surprise. I dont know how long you have been in, cant be to long. We harass each other alot. Dont know your since of humor but it is all in good fun. I wish you the best of luck. Lighten up or i promise you friend you wont last long. there is enough stress in this would with out getting all worker up over a little rassing. . . .
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy919 View Post
    Relax bud. Trust me if that offends you all I can say is your in for a real surprise. I dont know how long you have been in, cant be to long. We harass each other alot. Dont know your since of humor but it is all in good fun. I wish you the best of luck. Lighten up or i promise you friend you wont last long. there is enough stress in this would with out getting all worker up over a little rassing. . . .
    MAx ...........this guy is a Jr............and apparently took this all out of context, and wow........looky .........a BIG BAD FIRE EATING 16 year old is coming your way ...............AND ITS LEGAL ! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

How about you just shut the fcuk up, sit the fcuk down, and listen the fcuk up.

The only thing you eat is what mommy cooks for you you little punkass.
    In a few weeks, you can do nothing more then come polish my boots, and hand me a gatorade bottle!
    If that is the attitude that you have as a little punkass highschooler, I can not WAIT to read your LODD report.
    Contrbuting factors;
    No training
    Lack of experience
    Physically and menatally un prepared
    WAKE UP JUNIOR!!
    This is no game, this is real life! There is no redo, there is no oops, lemme do it again. You fcuk up, you, or someone else DIES!

Grow up, and fetch me a Gatorade. I like blue.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

I know I would like to volunteer for a department that broke child labor laws

I believe that the junior firefighter section DOES apply that is unless your department doesn't have to follow those

Dude, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Let me be the first to buy you a cold beer!

Oh, wait...You can't even LEGALLY drink a beer for another 5 years, can you?

You're a freakin' junior! Get over yourself!

You've got a hell of a lot of growing up to do, kid!
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Thread Information