Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115116117124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2706
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: faces behind the post

Disillusioned Subscriber Steamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayFireEater View Post
    And snowball, I am a junior and I still eat fire, I will be doing interior attack in just a few weeks, and I am 16. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. It's completely legal too.
    Legal, huh? From the Maine Department of Labor's website:
    Minors Who are Sixteen and Seventeen

Minors Who are Sixteen and Seventeen MAY:

• Ride as a passenger in the cab of a fire truck or in an emergency vehicle. With proper training, fight ground fires when they are directly supervised, except ground fires which involve an existing "Crown Fire" exposure Perform patient care (for which they are licensed) in an emergency vehicle or at the scene of an accident or other emergency. Attend and take part in supervised training. Participate in fire department functions within the rehabilitation area of an emergency scene. This could include setting up the engine, assisting in water supply efforts, and other support functions, which do not expose the Junior Firefighter to hazardous areas or atmospheres. Pick up hose and clean up at the fire scene after it has been declared safe by the Incident Commander. Enter a structure only when accompanied by an adult firefighter once the structure has been determined safe by the Incident Commander. Perform search and rescue activities, other than structural firefighting. Operate a fire pump located outside the danger zone at the direction of the Incident Commander.
    • Use pressurized hose lines if properly trained, under the direction of an Incident Commander, and out of the danger area.
    Minors Who are Sixteen and Seventeen MAY NOT:
    • Perform fire suppression involving structures or vehicles. Drive fire department or emergency vehicles Respond with operating red lights (drive any vehicle, including their own car with attached operating red lights) to the scene of a fire or emergency. Perform firefighting "overhaul" activities (except when the structure has been declared safe by the Incident Commander and then only with adult firefighter). Respond to Hazardous Material events (except for support functions within the cold zone). Perform any activity, except training, which involves the use of self-contained breathing apparatus. Participate or assist in any extrication activities at the scene of an accident or emergency, except in the capacity of a support function. Participate in any activities at the scene of an accident or emergency where fire is involved, unless they are performing support functions from outside the danger area. Participate in actual "ice rescue" activities, but may provide assistance within any designated rehabilitation area or as a support member on dry land only.
    • Direct traffic at the scene of a fire or other emergency.
    * An "Incident Commander" is the Fire Chief or his/her designee.
    You might want to reevaluate your definition of the phrase "completely legal".

Edit:
    Firefigher 2230 posted the link to Maine's website while I was screwing around with the formatting.
    Last edited by Steamer; 04-03-2008 at 11:32 PM.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

And snowball, I am a junior and I still eat fire, I will be doing interior attack in just a few weeks, and I am 16.
    I used to eat fire, but it gives me indigestion. Are you kidding me?

And snowball, I am a junior and I still eat fire, I will be doing interior attack in just a few weeks, and I am 16. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. It's completely legal too.
    Just goes to show you lack the maturity you spoke of in your first post when you cried about everybody making fun of you. You definitely should not be going into any fire. According to the info already posted though it isn't as legal as you seem to think. TTFN
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Guys, I think we are getting JayFireEater all wrong. He's not a junior, he's a jester. He's not a firefighter, he's a fire eater!

http://www.circusentertainers.co.uk/...Fire-Eater.jpg
    Last edited by ehs7554; 04-04-2008 at 09:22 PM.

You apparently think whatever it is you've been stuffing in your pipe and smoking is completely legal too if you think any of us are impressed by your childish bravado....I think it would serve you well to apologize, owe it to flights of juvenile fancy, and ask for a do-over on the promise that you'll cut the punk-azz chest-thumping BS and act like a decent young adult in the future. The ball is in your court, Skippy.

Forum Member

I would be fine with it if you made it a little less straight forward with a smiley face or something like it, unless you have no character at all like JHR1985 but thats just me.

I just don't like it at all when I say something like that and they go off on the inappropriate tangent.

So you got your feelings hurt on the internet and you expect to last in the fire department? Good luck kid, you've got a long way to go.

You may want to go back and review some of your past comments. http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...664#post933664

You may also want to quit posing as a firefighter, the multiple threads where you give advice when you should be keeping your mouth shut, sitting back and learning you seem to like to pretend.
    Last edited by fire1035; 04-05-2008 at 02:25 AM.

Forum Member

Do we have another... well... you know... ur.... um... uh... Police Explorer Communications Director on our hands?
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ehs7554 View Post
    Guys, I think we are getting JayFireEater all wrong. He's not a junior, he's a jester. He's not a firefighter, he's a fire eater!

http://www.circusentertainers.co.uk/...Fire-Eater.jpg
    NOPE NOPE NOPE. There is only one "Jester" and he ain't here no more.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

I would be fine with it if you made it a little less straight forward with a smiley face or something like it, unless you have no character at all like JHR1985 but thats just me.

I just don't like it at all when I say something like that and they go off on the inappropriate tangent.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

The only way you will be eating any fire is off the firehose when you help clean it at the station. 16 yoa come on... What dept would even think of doing something absurd like that? You are a joke.

MembersZone Subscriber

But Can He Drive The Support Truck Listening To His Pager????

This is me during a training day when my friend was taking pics of everyone and everything.

EDIT: hmmm seems to be quite small...oh well
    Is your name Max?

Quote Originally Posted by HEYVERN View Post
    But Can He Drive The Support Truck Listening To His Pager????
    NOBut he can wash it though!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    NOBut he can wash it though!
    Guess he'll have to ride his bike!!

Hmmmmm:

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...errerid=156831

pay close attention to post #96 on the above address
    Last edited by dday05; 04-05-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by ResidentTruckie; 05-16-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Eh, wrong according to the law you may not perform fire suppression involving structures or vehicles, there is no way around that even with an instructor. It further states you may not entire the structure until your IC has declared it safe. When it says you may not that means NO.

I like how you are editing all your posts to cover the fact that you never mentioned instructors in the first place, but you've been quoted you can't change that.
    That's good that you've admitted you have gotten big headed about this, but you still have a heck of an attitude.

Come on guys, chill out. This is a good thread and you two are gonna get it locked.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    Come on guys, chill out. This is a good thread and you two are gonna get it locked.
    "you're so dramatic!"
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    We have had young 16 year old kids on here before lie to us and we don't like it. Mr. Fireeater, if you want to be on here read some of the threads and if you find that you need to post ask questions. Don't sit there and tell all of us all that do this everyday that a 16 year old is going to be doing a attack on a structure fire.
    Last edited by dday05; 04-06-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: because I can't type

WOW this got completely blown away.
    All because of a stupid joke.

I'm sorry. You will just have to get over it. I am an aspiring firefighter and I know where I am going in life. I am a junior. Woop dee doo. Maybe I got a little big headed. It happens to everyone at one point in their life. I probably started the entire argument anyways.

I guess I should set the record straight though, I am going to do interior attack, if you actually read the Maine labor laws you would see that I can do it with an instructor with me. That settles that.

Have a nice day.
    I don't think this was a joke. But I will take your word and hope you learned something on here. Some people get caught up in the moment. Just remember we are a hard crowd and will call you on some statements if we think they are BS. So take care and Be safe.

Thread Information