Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Exclamation FF expert wanted for video game

Hi all,

I am posting this on behalf of the Montecristo video games company.
    We are looking for an expert US fire fighter to give us
    council on a forthcoming firefighting video game title. This title is a sequel to the already popular "Emergency Fire Response" game.

Experience in the field of fire fighting is more interesting for us
    than mastery of video games. It is entirely possible that
    this advice will be rewarded financially, based on the kind
    of help you provide.

If you are interested and feel up to the task, please post
    a reply on this forum, with a working e-mail address where
    we can reach you.
    Last edited by MontecristoTef; 11-18-2003 at 12:31 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

First let me say by no means am I an expert but I have been in the buisness for 10 years. I love strategic video games on the computer and would love to share some thoughts and ideas on a Emergency Services game. I have allways wanted to see a good strategy game for Emergency Services. My email is ecfd924@hotmail.com. Look forward to hearin from ya.
    Matt Griffin
    Chief
    Eastern Chilton County Division of Fire, Rescue, and EMS, Station 91.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ditto with ECFD, Im a 3rd generation firefighter with experience in not only structure fires, but also wildland, extrication and technical rescue, and dive and water rescue. Im a big fan of strategic games and first person shooter type games as well. I can be reached at xenophon25@yahoo.com
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

MembersZone Subscriber

What a coincidence. I was just on your website yesterday looking over your fire service game. Very cool. I have always wondered why noboby has done this yet.

I have wanted to take a shot at makeing an acurate and entertaining fire service game for some time. Unfortunately my computer programing skills are non existant. I would truely love to see an acurate and well done emergency service simulation. Something that could possibly go as far as being a training tool.

I would love to do what I can to help you guys out. I am a pc and Xbox gamer and I enjoy all sorts of games, with strategy games being some of my favorits. Games like WCIII, Combat Mission, even good old Xcom are all on my list of favorite games. I have always thought that some of the RTS game engines could have been converted over to a fire fighting game.

My emergency service experience starts when I was 16. I was an explorer fire fighter for my home town VFD in a rural Montana community. I have been a member ever since, I am now 28 years of age. I spent my colege years working for the Montana Bureau of Land Managment on their wildfire crews. I was a helitak crewmember and an engine boss. After college I returned home and took a position as the County Disaster and Emergency Service Coordinator where I oversee the emergency services for the county. I have since been appointed the County Fire Warden as well. I continue to volunteer with my original VFD. Also, I am a diver with the local Search and Rescue group.

I have had a lot of trainng over the years. As of late the focus has been on Haz Mat and WMD (Weapons of Mass Distruction) due to the Homeland Securtiy push. I have also had training from FEMA on other types of disasters, natural and man made.

I learn new things every day when it comes to fire fighting. It will take me a long time before I can call myself an expert. But, I can say that I have experienced a wide specturm of emergency service, not only in the fire service, but also in emergency medical services and with Search and Rescue.

I would realy like the opportunity to do what I can to help you make a great game. That is an learning experience that I would be very intersted in.

Thanks,

Sam Thielen

fcdes@midrivers.com
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Thanks for these first answers.

If you want to know more precisely which kind of game we are aiming at, you can download a demo of the previous release of the game from this location : http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci...ncy/index.html (the game is still available at retail stores).

We will keep you updated, and thanks again for your first feedback.

MembersZone Subscriber

Very interested, feel free to email me at pullthehook150@yahoo.com

Talking OHHHHH FUN STUFF!!!

I have been anxiously awaiting this games release since I first heard about it two months ago!

I love strategic games...especially if they have anything to do with the Fire Service...

I would definitely like to participate

LREngine135@hotmail.com

Two Questions?

Are you creating an advisory panel?

When is the games tentative release date?
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

MembersZone Subscriber

I would be happy to help. I am also a HAZMAT Technician with alot of field experience.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Firefighter/EMT in a large metro fire department

george1@zoomtown.com
    See You At The Big One

You will all receive a mail for more details about our needs.

Thanks for your support
    Tef
    Game Designer

District Chief

Post I will

I would be glad to try and help....count me in...but...I am NOT and EXPERT..... EX=Has been and Spert=Drip under pressure
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

Stan, I don't think their game has horses in it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ia m also interest. I have played your recently published games and have came up with many ideas.

Sta17mattywagon@yahoo.com

District Chief

Artie....ouch.....man...that was way way low.....

But..I was wanting to tell them how to pull one of those hand carts... We let the rookies take care of the horse when then came around.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Please don't forget to give me your e-mail so I can contact you for more details.
    Tef
    Game Designer

Protective Economist

Originally posted by MontecristoTef
    Please don't forget to give me your e-mail so I can contact you for more details.
    Why don't you post your email here, so people can email directly? I am not sure everyone is comfortable posting their personal email address on a public board for any and all to see (and therefore download, abuse and spam).

It also seems like it would be more efficient than having 40 posts on the board, especially since people could include resumes and other personal information to help you make a decision.

For those of you who do not want to show your e-mail address to everyone, you can simply reply me by a private message (some people already done this).

The reason why our e-mail address is not shown is because we would likely receive tons of e-mail and spam, while you would receive only of few ones (ok, one might argue it is a bit unfair).
    Our real e-mail address has already been given to the first volounteers for this program.

I hope the private post solution is satisfactory to everyone.
    Tef
    Game Designer

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Totally Interested

I tried playing the "Fire Chielf" demo, and thought is was tantalizingly close. Maybe my computer was not quite up to snuff and that may have hurt things a little. The total "real-time" aspect made it hard for me to manage all the units with any kind of cohesion. To check out another game design, etc. look at Combat Mission (www.battlefront.com). This is a WWII 3-D tactical simulation that uses a planning phase, then a simultaneous execution phase. Maybe you could have an option for "real-time" or "Phased" play. While I appreciate the sensitivities around mimicking another company's games, it bears looking at. I think it would help the playability a lot.
    Anyway, chalk me up as a potential tester.
    jtke10567@verizon.com
    or
    jthomas@kraft.com (during the day)

MembersZone Subscriber

OK all they got in touch with me, have they contacted anybody else?
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Forum Member

i would love to get some info on the game. please e-mail me with some info. Moose20282@yahoo.com
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

MembersZone Subscriber

I received an email last night.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Would also like to get in on the action....

Can be contacted at ff_mcdonald@hotmail.com

Hope I am not jumping on the bandwagon to late
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

I bought Emergency Fire Response when it came out over the summer, and I love it. I know this is a little off topic, but for those of you that have played it, do you have any tips for getting through the last level? It is quite difficult. I would love to see a sequel of the game as well.
    "Man is the only creature that dares to light a fire and live with it.
    The reason? Because he alone has learned to put it out."
    - Henry Jackson Vandyke Jr. (1852-1933)

Would also like to get in on the action....

Can be contacted at ff_mcdonald@hotmail.com

Hope I am not jumping on the bandwagon to late
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

To WAFD21 : If you need help about missions you can look at this forum : http://dreamcatchergames.com/forums/...?s=&forumid=72
    Or you can mail me directly if you want.

Good luck.
    Tef
    Game Designer

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information