Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Medicare Changes affect IAFF retirees

This is an information post for IAFF members, it is not intended to start a debate. If you don't like what it says, please respect my wishes and do not turn this into a bash/flame thread.

From the IAFF November 20, 2003
    This morning, General President Schaitberger sent a letter to every Member of Congress that strongly opposed the Medicare legislation now being considered. This bill contains language which could strip prescription drug coverage from retired fire fighters who currently have it. The legislation fails to offer public sector employers the same incentives provided to private employers to retain their drug coverage. Therefore, cash strapped municipalities would be encouraged to cancel the prescription drug in their retiree health care packages.

Since fire fighters may retire several years before reaching the age of Medicare eligibility, the retiree benefits offered by public employers are crucial to the economic security of this group. This is an important issue which could affect the prescription drug coverage of all fire fighters.

Congress is scheduled to vote on this issue very soon, so it is important that they hear from you right away. You can easily send an email to your legislators by going to www.iaff.org, and clicking on "Legislation and Politics" and then selecting "Write Congress Now". You can also find phone numbers for your Senators and Representatives and call their offices.
    Please click this link and tell the members of Congress you oppose these changes....

Tell your Congressmen how you feel

Dave LeBlanc
    Local 2124 Harwich

*****DISCLAIMER*****

I do not represent my Department, Union or anybody else when writing in these forums....

Still looking for Waldo. Have you seen him?

Thanks for posting the info. I'll be passing it on to our members and retiree association.

Forum Member

^

Forum Member

Thanks for the info Local 1702

Thread Information