MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Default Passport question

No, I'm not leaving the country. You MABAS members, are you all using the passport for accountability? Did you get your tags and boards locally or from somewhere else? If so, where? We're going to take the plunge and I gotta find some stuff. Seems the locals are a little expensive for what we want.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Jack
    we purchased ours from Eagle Engraving. They came highly recomended to us from other MABAS members. They were very familiar with MABAS and great to do bussiness with. Besides they are from the flatlands!
    www.eagle-engraving.com
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

The owner of this company used to run Kane County's Dispatch center. Nice enough guy. Plus, they're right down the road from me!!
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the information. I looked at their site and will probably be giving them a call as soon as I figure out what all I need. I already did that once but can't find the paper I wrote it down on. Jay, wait till you get to be 50, you'll have the same problem
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber

So, you really ARE going to Canada?
    Jack; it must be a recent photo and you cannot be wearing a cap. I'd let you use mine, but it just expired.
    Got to get another one.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

CR, read the whole post, not just what you want to read. The first sentence says I'm NOT leaving the country.
    Speaking of which, I once had an older lady ask me to watch their place for a couple days because they were taking a trip. I asked where she was going, she said "we're going out of the country". I asked "where". She said ---"Missouri".
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Jack, one of our guys went to Chicago a few weeks ago and spoke to a man that sold accountability boards and systems. He evidently was involved with MABAS for many years and knows what you need to have. Our guy brought back a sample board that the man let him borrow (retails for about $40). Uses dry eraser marker and all of the ID tags are velcro so you just stick them to the area of the board where that person has been assigned. I think we still have the board and have not mailed it back to him. Speak to Butch the next time you see him or call him or Marc at the station and they can tell you more about it. Actually Marc was the one who spoke to the guy so he can probably give the most info on the system.

PS. Did you see the article and picture of your new truck in the Centralia Sentinel? Very nice!!

Chad
    Last edited by kprsn1; 11-28-2003 at 01:57 PM.
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

Thread Information