Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default IAFF plates on my pov.. Good idea or not?

My state will issue IAFF license plates for my truck. Any thoughts pro or con?

Forum Member

They're a way to support the union. In Ohio I think the OAPFF gets $10 from each plate.
    E-4-A
    IAFF 1176

Cool

I've had them on my Durango for some years now. When I had them on my truck someone had tried to steal the front one by ripping it off. The just succeeded in bending it up. I got new ones when I switched them over to my Durango.

I recommend bolting them on pretty good.

Mark

Pro: They show your pride.
    Con: they do not prevent tickets.
    Pro: They show your pride.
    Pro: They are "semi exclusive"

The Pros outweigh the cons!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 11-26-2003 at 11:40 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree with everyone else.....if you are getting them to show your pride for your profession then by all means do it!

yet on the other hand if its just to be used for a ticket deterrent, then dont.
    *Fraternal Order Of Paramedics Member*
    EMT-b (in training)

I display my IAFF license plates proudly on my own vehicle. You have to be a member of the IAFF and Texas State Association Fire Fighters to be able to even get the license plates in Texas.
    joejoe33

Comments and opinions are mine and do not represent the agency or IAFF local that I am affiliated with.

Default How do you drive???

I have interesting view on this...

Last night in terrible road conditions I got passed three times... two of those cars going like a bat out hell had Fire Fighter plates!!!! I have to think that if your going to display your pride is one thing but remember the image you cast, even in your POV, will affect us all!!!

Careful were you park though. POV's with stickers ( police,fire,ems)that associate you with authority are a good way to get your windows broken and tires slashed. And I have seen some real bonehead moves by people with the "I fight what you fear" and 60 other whacker stickers on there back windows.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Thumbs up

I have had IAFF plates on my trucks for years. It's a matter of pride for me.
    Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Originally posted by stm4710
    Careful were you park though. POV's with stickers ( police,fire,ems)that associate you with authority are a good way to get your windows broken and tires slashed. And I have seen some real bonehead moves by people with the "I fight what you fear" and 60 other whacker stickers on there back windows.
    The police officers I know don't like to advertise that they are LEOs off duty... And I've never heard of a firefighter having this problem -- and I know dozens of guys with FF plates.

And I've never heard of a firefighter having this problem -- and I know dozens of guys with FF plates
    True,on my pickup I got a Massachusetts Call/Volunteer sticker in the back window and two Fraternal order of police stickers and 9-11 patch project sticker on the rear of the body. And on my car im getting a Massachusetts Call/Volunteer when I pay my dues next time. Heck I got a mini maltesse cross sticker on my RR inspection speeder.

Just be careful though I heard few stories at a PD/FD supply store about windows and tires getting cut for that reason.

Come to think of it I got like 10 IAFF stickers that my former nieghbor kept leaveing in my mailbox, he thought somehow they were like the "anti-pullover" stickers. They will more likly see the trash can than window glass in there life time though!!!!!!!!

Firefighte plates are awesome. When you pass another firefighter plate you look and give that "Hey Brother" head nod. Shows your pride. I have had them since Wisconsin offered them about 10 years ago I think.

Doesn't let you off the hook if you screw up or drive like a ding dong. Everyone sees those plates so be careful of what you are doing and drive responsibly. These plates are easier to remember than regular plates for not only the cops but the public too. You are being watched!

keep your head down and your powder dry.

Thread Information