Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Question Most traditional plastic helmet????

What do you think is the most traditional looking plastic fire helmet? benII,1010,880,or the bullard...

someone ..................anyone .............STOP THE MADNESS !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

New York, NY: The city so awesome, they named it twice!

hehehe

MembersZone Subscriber

I vote for the MSA
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default ha ha he he

What the f#*k.If you are referring to the big deal about searching before posting.....Done did it,and didn't find what i was looking for...So i assed the question if you can't answer then don't.... not to step on anyones toes but I thought this was the place to get answers not stupid comments....DarthVader
    Dude, I told you I'm not yo daddy...
    Despite popular beliefs, DarthVader wears leather !!

Lighten up, DarkHelmet... did you sit on your lightsaber this morning, or did someone micturate in your cornflakes?

Asking the "helmet question" here gets a lot of differing opinions.

I've worn "pleather" in the form of the Cairns 1010 and the Bullard. My 101 was stolen out of the rig at a medical call, it was replaced by the Bullard...not exactly the most comfortable brain bucket I have worn!

My first issued helmet was a Cairns 770 Philadelphian, the second was a 660 Metro. Both of these styles are known as "tactical tupperware". I still have these two in the collection.

I have an MSA helmet similar to the ones Johnny and Roy wore, only the one I have in my collection is yellow.

I presently wear a Cairns N6A... Leather! The Bullard is my backup brain bucket.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

I wasn't meaning to sound like a A'hole but it ****es me off when i ask a question and get nothing but stupid reply's. Is it because im white?????

no no it is not ............you say you searched ?> I say I am tired of answering the same FREAKIN topic........I just found 4 threads about the same thing you said YOU searched for ..................so you started it........you deal with it ......talk about being ticked off ....
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Default Thank you

Yep must of missed all them. But i think i asked what was the most traditional looking plastic helmet not which one do you wear or whats the best one. Thats all I asked you dont think you could help me find them could you...

Exclamation

To those that answer with a snide comment --

Think of the forums like a TV... if you don't like what is on the TV- change the channel.

As Dark Helmet has said - he came here looking for an answer to a question. If you don't want to answer his question - then don't. But don't knock him for asking.

The only stupid question is an unasked one.

Last time I checked - the Webteam was the moderator of these Forums, and they don't come in here and tell people to use the search feature.....
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Weruj1
    no no it is not ............you say you searched ?> I say I am tired of answering the same FREAKIN topic........I just found 4 threads about the same thing you said YOU searched for ..................so you started it........you deal with it ......talk about being ticked off ....
    You do realize that some of those threads are a couple years old don't you? Do you think all the same people that replied to those posts are around today? There are plenty of people on this board that haven't posted in the old threads, so what's wrong with them giving their opinion on this topic? Also, nobody is forcing you to post replies. Infact, it would have been nice if you didn't even post a reply in this thread, who wants to hear people bitchin all the time?

BTW, quit acting like this is YOUR board. This is not your board, you do not lay down the rules. If you do not like a certain topic, then don't read it.

you say you searched ?> I say I am tired of answering the same FREAKIN topic
    Simple Answer to a simple comment: DON'T ANSWER THEN!!!!

It's pretty sad when we all boast ourselves as to how much knowledge we have and how good we are at what we do but a simple thing like someone asking a question turns into a childish game, if you don't like the topic don't click on the topic!!!! Sorry to get off on a tangent but things like this upset me...
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

Most Traditional looking is a N6... nothing compare to the real thing.
    Also depends on the context, traditional as in High Eagle, Senator or New Yorker?? As for plastic I would say the 1010.

Next thing Pups, My Bro to the NW was just asking that you look before you post. Us "Old Guys" will help out as much as we can, but all we ask is don't waste anyones time with things that have been debated her hundreds of different times by hundreds and hundreds of people. So before you ask about Fog vs Ssmooth bore nozzles, Career vs Volunteer, Akron Sabre-Jet vs Automatic Fog, Red trucks vs Slime-Lime, and Leather vs Tactical Tupperware. Please just search and see if you question has been posted before.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Exclamation don't think that ? has been done before

I've been here a while and yes helmet threads have had alot or 'coverage' here, but not that specific question. For that matter protecting our melon's is pretty high priority, if its a little old for some, it very important to newbies, etc. Helmets are very variable, in style, comfort, material, protection, accesories and too much more. Lets keep exchanging our knowlege and opinions, its a great strenght we share.
    (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
    BE SAFE OUT THERE
    NEVER FORGET
    GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
    IACOJ
    F.O.O.P.

Originally posted by DarthVader

What the f#*k.If you are referring to the big deal about searching before posting.....Done did it,and didn't find what i was looking for...So i assed the question if you can't answer then don't.... not to step on anyones toes but I thought this was the place to get answers not stupid comments....DarthVader

I wasn't meaning to sound like a A'hole but it ****es me off when i ask a question and get nothing but stupid reply's. Is it because im white?????

You are not making friends here....what's up with the "I'm white" bovine scat?

Okay..you want an opinion? Here's three....

If I had to go back to "pleather" again... Cairns 1010 with the carved brass eagle.

If you want to get the "real deal" traditonal... go with a Cairns New Yorker N5A or Sam Houston N6A.

If you want to make friends on the forums... thicken your crust...there are a lot of more important issues that are discussed here and you have to be able to defend your position without resorting to posting obscenities as a way of getting your point across!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Temporarily/No Longer Active July36's Avatar

Sorry about all the idiotic comments DARTH and I know exactly how ya feel....but you hafta realize the types your dealing with here.Mostly all Ive seen was these "idiotic" comments even if somebody wants to get serious info or tries to explain certain issues.Ive been trying to explain certain issues we have in our Dept for about a month now but it seems like some of these guys have thier heads so far up thier @$$es it would literally take them that extra month just to get my meaning....so dont try to explain nothing to them because youd literally be spending a lifetime trying to explain it to a bunch of idiots.Its THESE type of @$$holes that dont belong in the Fire Services DARTH....so I DO have your back brother.

Donna C
    Fire Cheif
    Bridge Canyon VFD
    http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/SeligmanAZ

MembersZone Subscriber

Web Team, Just in case you happen to look in on this thread, it has been suggested a few times that you make a "FAQ" forum for these type of common questions/debates. It seems like a really good idea to me...

Now to answer this question, In my opinion, a plastic tradional helmet is a plastic traditional helmet, they all pretty much look the same to me. The differences are in weight, fit, suspension adjustment for "ride", etc. You can find more info on these differences by doing a search for 1010, Ben II, etc.

My final comment:

Darth, The Force is strong in Weruj1. Tread lightly lest you find yourself in a crusty lightsaber duel you can't win

Use the Force Josh
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Temporarily/No Longer Active July36's Avatar

Originally posted by RescuHoppy7

Simple Answer to a simple comment: DON'T ANSWER THEN!!!!

It's pretty sad when we all boast ourselves as to how much knowledge we have and how good we are at what we do but a simple thing like someone asking a question turns into a childish game, if you don't like the topic don't click on the topic!!!! Sorry to get off on a tangent but things like this upset me...

hey...im with ya all the way on that RESCU...but there are some of those types that think they "know it all" so they think they can leave these totally ignorant replies...same thing has happened to me ALOT of times in here...and usually by the same exact idiots...and what the idiots dont realize is theres SOME of us out here that would just prefer staying out of the childish games and let them figure things out for themselves since they claim to be SO SMART and know everything. LOL
    After awhile I just got tired of it and simply "ignored thier posts."

Donna C
    Fire Chief
    Bridge Canyon VFD

Originally posted by July36

hey...im with ya all the way on that RESCU...but there are some of those types that think they "know it all" so they think they can leave these totally ignorant replies...same thing has happened to me ALOT of times in here...and usually by the same exact idiots...and what the idiots dont realize is theres SOME of us out here that would just prefer staying out of the childish games and let them figure things out for themselves since they claim to be SO SMART and know everything. LOL
    After awhile I just got tired of it and simply "ignored thier posts."

Donna C
    Fire Chief
    Bridge Canyon VFD
    Be very careful who you call idiots around here. These "idiots" are not the ones who were bashing their own town, saying how they were just going to pick up and move, and leave the town without service becuase someone has some complex. We may not be SO SMART, but there is a vast amount of knowledge here. You just have to be willing to learn.

Well, well, well........look whos back.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Thread Information