Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Limit to International Brotherhood

A quick excerpt from a story in the NY Times:

MOSUL, Iraq, Nov. 26 — Since the Americans came to town seven months ago, the firefighters in this northern Iraqi city have gotten new trucks and new uniforms, American training and salaries 10 times larger than they used to be.MOSUL, Iraq, Nov. 26 — Since the Americans came to town seven months ago, the firefighters in this northern Iraqi city have gotten new trucks and new uniforms, American training and salaries 10 times larger than they used to be.

But when word came Sunday afternoon that two American soldiers had been shot in the head and killed a block away, the men of Ras al Jada fire station ran to the site and looked on with glee as a crowd of locals dragged the Americans from their car and tore off their watches and jackets and boots.

"I was happy, everyone was happy," Waadallah Muhammad, one of the firefighters, said as he stood in front of the firehouse. "The Americans, yes, they do good things, but only to enhance their reputation. They are occupiers. We want them to leave."

The Soldiers were a SPC 4 and Brigade Sgt Major from the 101st Airborne. God Bless.

I never thought I could wish ill of a firefighter anywhere-until now.

MembersZone Subscriber

This is so shocking and disturbing I can't believe it. I don't even know what to say.

Default Oh yeah???

I say- "F-them." (raises middle finger)

I say nuke the middle east, allies and enemies... all of 'em. Nuke it, and then cluster bomb the rest... to follow with a good and complete carpet bombing. Now that would be tax money well spent.
    http://www.sanantoniofire.org

IACOJ
    Got Crust?

We lucky few, ... we band of brothers

Damn, 33motor, much as I might like to disagree with you,to be politicaly correct, I CAN"T. I'm with you on this one

MembersZone Subscriber

I never thought I could wish ill of a firefighter anywhere-until now.
    Make no mistake, these MUTTS are not firefighters.

I say- "F-them." (raises middle finger)
    I'll second that and add a "Pog Mo Thoín!"
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Me think it's time to walk away and let them sort themselves out.

They're doing a great job of eliminating each other- let's leave them to do it.

BUT, the moment one of them sticks their head up and points something in our direction, then I say we hit 'em with all we've got.

There appears to be some (I won't say all) people that are so ungrateful for what has already been achieved and what is trying to be achieved.

For crying out loud- look at what they had before hand!
    Luke

Exclamation here's what I think...

Here is my view (it is not politically correct....I do not care). Thanks to Uncle Sam I have been to the Middle East, it absolutely sucks. Most of the people there hate Americans, even those we are "Allies" with. I know this for a fact as I asked many myself. I asked these "individuals" why they hated America..they told me we (Americans) "are trying to take over their world". I asked them if they appreciated the help we brought them, I was told "yes many appreciated all aid we recieve, but America will always be our enemy". I really don't understand this, they claim to hate America and all we stand for BUT...in the main city of the pathetic nation I was stationed in there was McDonalds, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC, Chili's, even a freakin Dairy Queen. They drive American cars, listen to American music, buy American clothes...and the USA is the enemy. (?) I watch the news everyday of my brother and sister soldiers being killed by the 5's and 6's and it drives me crazy. I think it's time to leave the Middle East....F' em....F 'em all. Just my opinion, you all are welcome to disagree.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Make Iraq the World's Largest Mirror

I've been saying that all along!

Still looking for Waldo. Have you seen him?

I say we call the Soviet Union and China. We tell them there's going to be a loud noise, and the earth may shake for a little while. When it's over, they can split the land.

[BEGIN RANT]

It amamzes me that that we spend this much time and resources overseas, yet every one of us knows of an area where kids cannot read and write, they're not sure where their next meal may come from, and they play in the street hoping a stray bullet won't get them. I don't get it.

The president of the US is NOT the president of the world. If we had everything going great around here, then maybe we could help others. We need to clean our own backyard first.

[END RANT]

Default Right on...

Originally posted by InAndUp

[BEGIN RANT]

The president of the US is NOT the president of the world. If we had everything going great around here, then maybe we could help others. We need to clean our own backyard first.

[END RANT]

Thats right! I love to hear it. Fix our own first...

I fly the american flag everyday, just before I climb into my 30 year old fire engine that we can't afford to replace, I say nuke the sorry bastards and send one of those new fire trucks my way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nuke Em

Through good luck or good sense I'm not there, I got out last February, but my former National Guard unit has been right there in the middle of Bagdad since Mar. of this year. Having spent time in the military I know a little about whats going on over there, its become guerrilla warfare, hit and go hide type fighting. We need to either to put enough grunts on the ground and overwhelm these terrorists, or pull everyone out and let them have their oil! As for those Iragi firemen draw and quarter them.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death."

Gen. Omar Bradley

rescuetech101

I agree with you their are many departments here that could use that equipment. Its time to pack up our new trucks and equipment and go home....at least not until we make the middle east one large parking lot. Then Disney can create is largest theme park....Middle East Disney....and have tons and tons of US Flags flying year round.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Dont we still have alot of bomb left over form the cold war that we can use there!

Belive 50% of what you hear and 60% of what you read.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Default saying that........

American girls and American guys, will always stand up and salute.
    We'll always recognize, when we see ol' glory flying,
    There's a lot of men dead,
    So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our heads.
    My daddy served in the army where he lost his right eye,
    But he flew a flag out in our yard 'til the day that he died.
    He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me.
    To grow up and live happy in the land of the free.

Now this nation that I love is fallin' under attack.
    A mighty sucker-punch came flying in from somewhere in the back.
    Soon as we could see clearly through our big black eye,
    Man, we lit up your world like the fourth of July.

Hey, Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list,
    And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist.
    And the eagle will fly and it's gonna be hell,
    When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell.
    And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you.
    Ah, brought to you, courtesy of the red, white and blue.

Instrumental break.

Oh, justice will be served and the battle will rage:
    This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage.
    An' you'll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A.
    'Cos we'll put a boot in your ***, it's the American way.

Hey, Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list,
    And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist.
    And the eagle will fly and it's gonna be hell,
    When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell.
    And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you.
    Ah, brought to you, courtesy of the red, white and blue.

Oh, oh.
    Of the red, white and blue.
    Oh, hey, oh.
    Of my Red, White and Blue.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Exclamation

Kill 'em all, let Allah sort them out!

Default Re: Limit to International Brotherhood

Originally posted by gunnyv
    "But when word came Sunday afternoon that two American soldiers had been shot in the head and killed a block away, the men of Ras al Jada fire station ran to the site and looked on with glee as a crowd of locals dragged the Americans from their car and tore off their watches and jackets and boots." ... I never thought I could wish ill of a firefighter anywhere-until now.
    Many times, when people from other countries come to America to visit, they are astonished by the lack of violence. Why? Because look at the news every day? It's pretty harsh stuff. Snipers. Bombings. Murders. And with the exception of the US's capitalism, the bad news is the only thing they see. So, they develop notions about our country that are false. I said that... because I'm seeing the exact same thing in this thread.

Perhaps the firefighters at that station did look on with joy as our soliders were killed. Well, I agree with the sentiments expressed here. Sounds like those guys are wastes of human flesh. Yet, I'm disappointed to see firefighters -- folks who are sworn to protect lives every day -- making blanket suggestions to essentially nuke 'em all and be done with it. Maybe the report about the firefighters was true, but I don't think that everyone in the middle east feels that way.

Just as the evil people that make the news in the states don't represent the values of many communities around the country... I'm sure that the evil people that make the news in the middle east aren't representative of the average citizen. There are families over there -- just like here. There are moms & dads with children who are doing whatever they can to get by. Many are thankful for the efforts of the US military. When you say things like "nuke the middle east," make the middle east a parking lot and "F'em all," how are you coming across? With the desire to end human life just because someone's different or because some of their fellow citizens are evil? I hope not... and I hope that some of you will reconsider the blanket statements you've made.

MembersZone Subscriber

Random thoughts:

1. Screw them
    2. The FF they interviewed may have been the only one who felt that way. The US media delights in finding disgruntled Iraqis.
    3. We need to be in Iraq. Besides all the reasons that have been discussed here ad nauseum, we MUST have a foothold over there to keep a lid on some of the activities that are taking place. We also need to be able to have immediate access to intel and to be able to rapidly respond to adverse events.

Example: Nuclear efforts in Iran. The moment they roll those bad boys out, we need to be able to squidh themlike a bug.

Thread Information