Forum Member

Default A day to be thankful

I am at work today. I hope everyone has a safe and food-filled day without too much grief. We ate good, but not together due to assorted automatic alarms, ambo runs,CO investigations etc. No "real" fires yet,but its still early...Today is a day I am thankful that I have a great family,friends and job...It's also a day where I am thinking of all of the families and friends of our lost brothers and sisters who aren't enjoying their company,love and friendship. Take a minute to remember them and hope that even with the pain of their losses, they can still find things to be thankful for.

Forum Member

Mikey, What a true statement you have made. There are so many who are not surrounded by their loved ones for whatever reasons, my thoughts are with them.

Even though it is not my Thanksgiving up here, I too am thankful for many things; and I am thankful each and every day. It's easy sometimes to get tunnel vision or to take for granted what we have in our lives. I too encourage everyone to reflect upon what they have in their lives to be thankful for, and to tell those close to them how important they are.

I wish you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

I am at work ..........we have been realy horribly busy .............2 cardiac arrests, a gun shot suicide ,and scores of other things ........it took us an hour and a half to eat dinner tonight !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Permanently Removed

Default Thanks Mikey...

I am work today too. Even though you hate me,
    thanks for the thought....Bou.

Forum Member

Default In the careful what you put on the internet file..

About 20 minutes after my post,we had a box alarm fire with 4 people initially reported trapped. No one was home but there was a lot of damage. That turkey sandwich sounds kinda good right now! ... and Bouk, I may try and yank you around, but I certainly dont hate you !

Forum Member

As I sat here in my comfortable home today with my wife and her family eating my dinner, I am thankful for many things...

My wife, family, freedom, and beign a vet myself, I am quite thankful that there are a few million selfless men and women serving our country. Suppor tthe actions or not, they are doing it, and I am thnkful for it.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Thread Information