Dispatch Dweller
    On the way to the station. Really. It's 12 kilometers away and there's traffic.

Default Javascript link-bar problem?

I've encountered this problem with the latest versions of Mozilla Firebird, IE6, and Netscape. I only have one computer to test it on at the current time.

The black bar that has "Home/News/Interact" etc on it with drop-down menus is consistently about 2 1/4 "bar-heights" below where it should be. In the forums, it covers up the line that lets you navigate between the forums (and shows you where you are at the present time). Here's a picture of what I see:

I'm not sure if this is a site issue (I'd imagine more comments about it here if there was; this has been going on for months for me) or a fault of my own system. If it's my own problem, does anyone have any advice on what might fix it? My system is WinXP Pro with the latest updates, Norton Internet Security also with the latest updates and virus protection, and as I say, I've tried three different browsers to no avail.

Thanks...

--j.

Administrator

We cannot attest to Mozilla by any stretch since the number of users doesn't allow it to be compatible with everything we use, but IE6 and Netscape should be fine with the Menu.

Dispatch Dweller
    On the way to the station. Really. It's 12 kilometers away and there's traffic.

Well, as I stated in the original message, I've tried Firebird, Netscape, and IE6 with identical problems showing up in each browser.

However, I believe I have sorted the problem. I have disabled Norton Internet Security 2003's 'Ad Blocking' features to clear up a Javascript/cookies problem on another website, and the link-bar on this site is now back where it should be.
    Last edited by Jay911; 12-22-2003 at 01:51 PM.
    --jay.

Thread Information