Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking for Opinions

We're in the process of looking for a thermal imaging camera, and would like some input from users who like/don't like their TIC. We've read all of the spec sheets, talked to sales people, and read the articles. Any input from you?

I can only give you one opinion because I have only used one Camera, We have a Bullard and it works great, It's the first thing in my hand when i go into a structure, we use it on all sorts of alarms and it stands up to the test
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

MembersZone Subscriber

Default articles on tics

For captaindan and any others interested; I noticed you mentioned that you've "read the articles" I just want to caution you on relying too much on what you read. While most articles relating to TICS have heaps of accurate info, there are many containing less than accurate as well as plain "bad" ideas. It doesn't take much effort for someone to write an article regardless of how little practical experience they may have with this tool. I have read things in different periodicles that just make me shake my head and wonder. Some people may take a generous knowledge of firefighting and attempt to apply it to this tool with a technology they have little understanding of, with the result being at best missleading and at the worst just dangerous. Try to qualify any information you gather on the subject. Stay safe JF
    Last edited by JForristall; 12-08-2003 at 05:55 PM.

RescuHoppy7,
    I've been looking at the Bullards as well, and have heard good things about them. Do you know what model you're using?

JForristall,
    I agree 100% with your assessment about who can write an article and what kind of "information" you get. That's one reason why I'm asking around. Thanks for the advice.

CapatinDan, We use the BullardMX it works wonders for the conditions we've taken into to
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152

http://www.isgfire.com/

We have a K80 now from ISG and we just ordered a K1000. I love those little things ...they are the closest thing to "Firefighter Proof" as you can get. If you have ever been to FDIC they have a great demo their.

We field tested every brand availible at 2 training burns and everyone loved the K80 best. And the picure transmit feature is a must. If you have any questions feel free to email me.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Thumbs up

We use the MSA Evolution 5000 TIC. It is about half the cost of other units and does as much or more than the high priced units. Excellent screen resolution and temperature sensitivity. Shop around and buy what fits your needs, not what a salesman wants or happens to be selling.

I would also recommend having other departments with different types of cameras come train with you, we've gone to several different departments with our camera and showed them the pluses and minsuses from our point of view
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152

Forum Member

We have two Bullard T-3 one is broke 14 months old no help from Bullard. This Sucks

Thread Information