Talking Coming Attractions: New Firefighter & EMS Movies

I have been getting details on upcoming Firefighter & EMS Movies and thought I would update you all and let you know about what you might expect to see in the next year or two.

I also will recap most every firefighter movie made and some EMS movies out there that have been released in the past 30 or so years.

I will try to keep everyone updated...Feel free to ask any questions you might have, and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge/ability.

Ladder 49
    Tentative Release Date: October 8th, 2004
    Evidently it has been pushed back another year. I am not sure as to why and have been actively searching for an answer. I want to see this movie NOW!!! I am anxiously awaiting its release and look forward to seeing it.

Truck 44
    Tentative Release Date: TBA
    Another scheduled firefighter film, however casting has not even been done. They may wait to see how Ladder 49 goes.
    The storyline on Truck 44 is a black comedy with the firefighters as thieves. This like an extremely stupid movie which could possibly do some damage to the fire service.

The Siege of Engine Company 212
    Tentative Release Date: 4th Quarter 2003
    Documentary following FDNY Engine Co. 212. Supposedly this is supposed to be a fairly action filled documentary with an attempt to become a blockbuster.

Tentative Release Date: 2004
    A Dispatcher has to work with police & fire to catch an arsonist...

MOVIE RECAP:

Fire Service

Ladder 43 (1973)
    The Towering Inferno (197?)
    Firehouse (1987)
    Return To Paradise (1987)
    On Fire (1987) (TV Movie)
    Always (1989) Richard Dreyfuss/John Goodman
    Roxanne (1990?)
    Fire! Trapped on the 37th Floor (1991) (TV Movie)
    Backdraft (1992)
    Backfire (1995) (backdraft spoof)
    In the Line of Duty: Smoke Jumpers (1996) (TV Movie)
    Firehouse (1997)
    Heart of Fire (1997) (TV Moive) – Patrick Duffy – True Story
    Firestorm (1998)
    Under Pressure (1997) Charlie Sheen
    Frequency (2000)
    Ablaze (2002) MOVIE SUCKS!!!
    The Guys (2003)

EMS Movies

Mother, Jugs, & Speed (1970's)
    Flatliners (1990)
    Bringing Out The Dead (1999) Nicholas Cage

Take care everyone...I will keep you all updated whenever possible!
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

Administrator

Ladder 49

Tentative Release Date: October 8th, 2004
    Evidently it has been pushed back another year. I am not sure as to why and have been actively searching for an answer. I want to see this movie NOW!!! I am anxiously awaiting its release and look forward to seeing it.
    The movies wasn't 'pushed' back a year. It only stopped filming in July of this year, and was in post production through the present, before finally finding a home in the 2004 release schedule.

An official announcement about the release date, which coincides nicely with Fire Prevention Week, should be coming shortly.

Also, there will likely be Ladder 49 related activities at Firehouse Expo in Baltimore, where there will also be recognition of the 100th Anniversary of the Great Baltimore Fire of 1904.

Thanks
    WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber

What about "Goose and Mother Juggs"???

This movie is awesome. Very funny. Very old. A former member of my department said to rent it sometime.

It is a story of a couple of private ambulace companies competing for patients in the LA area in the mid 70's. Bill Cosby is in it and is "Goose", the best paramedic in the region. He drives around a souped up chevy van ambulance. It's pretty funny for a party or something. The old hearse ambulances with the big Federal Q on top is my favorite!

Keep your head down and your powder dry.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Dickey
    What about "Goose and Mother Juggs"???

This movie is awesome. Very funny. Very old. A former member of my department said to rent it sometime.

It is a story of a couple of private ambulace companies competing for patients in the LA area in the mid 70's. Bill Cosby is in it and is "Goose", the best paramedic in the region. He drives around a souped up chevy van ambulance. It's pretty funny for a party or something. The old hearse ambulances with the big Federal Q on top is my favorite!

Jason,
    I believe you are refering to "Mother, Jugs, and Speed" a black comedy about a private ambulance company in Los Angeles with Raquel Welch, Larry Hagman, Harvy Keitel, Bill Cosby, and Dick Butkus among others.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Forum Member

I'd rather not see tham make Truck 44 unless they did a masive rewrite of the plot

What happned to USAR1 being producded by Randolph Mantooth

Forum Member

I noticed that my movie didn't make the list.....

Then again, the last I heard everyone wanted to re-work it....

I think it would have done rather well....

------------------------------------------

Ebert and that other guy call it the season’s most anticipate film!

"Powerful" "Explosive" "Heartwarming" – The Malahat Times

Nine out of Ten STOP signs agree it is more funny then that look on stayback’s face when the sign slipped in his wet gloves.

"Jakes"

Staring, in his cinematic debut since being thawed from his cryogenic chamber, John Wayne is Captain Mike Samson, rugged 27 year veteran of the Wellington Fire Department. Captain Samson and his crew, "B" shift, are the busiest Engine in the county. Engineer John Mascardie (Sean Connery) joined the department a few weeks after Capt. Samson, and came up through the ranks together. Both veterans have been through a lot, but nothing could have prepared them for what should have been a routine box alarm. Arriving on scene, the crew of Engine 16 find a working fire in a run down hotel. Seeing that lives hang in the balance, Captain Samson leads his attack team in. During the attack, Firefighter Harvey Newman (Mel Gibson) becomes separated from the group. Captain Samson and Roger Dawson (Clint Eastwood) search frantically along with the crews of other units arriving on scene. Newman is later pulled from the rear of the building, but with life threatening injuries. Captain Samson and his crew blame the accident on outdated equipment and a shortage of manpower. They take their plight to Chief Richard Baxton (Gene Hackman), who says his hands are tied by a city council who insists on living in the past. Now, Captain Samson and his crew must continue to battle fires, and the mutts on their city council.

Tom Hanks stars as Rookie Firefighter David Colts, a cocky rookie who is fresh out of the academy and thrown into the middle of "B" shift. He has is own battles to fight, as he must prove himself to the crusty veterans and learn that they didn’t teach him everything in the academy.

Special guests include:
    The Stop sign on Highway 17 as the Stop sign on Harold Ave.

Kevin Costner as firefighter Charles Blaine, the firefighter whose father is the chair of the city council.

Will Captain Samson and his dedicate crew manage to over turn the Cities Council and get the equipment they so desperately need before another accident happens?

Will Firefighter Colts earn his acceptance amongst the crusted veterans? Or will he have to transfer to another rig?

"Jakes" is the story of the struggle that firefighters go through every day. The fight, behind the fight. A story of firefighters doing what they need to do to get the job done. Some people would call them heroes. They call themselves Brothers.

Opening on the 31st of February at 2700 hrs.
    Copyright 2003
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

MembersZone Subscriber

Firefighter26

With that cast (or a resemblence of some body doubles)
    and that story line, you could put some fairly famous producers and directors in the welfare line. I would pay top buck to see your flick. You should consider trying to sell the script to Hollywood.
    "The uniform is supposed to say something about you. You get it for nothing, but it comes with a history, so do the right thing when you're in it."
    Battalion Chief Ed Schoales
    from 'Report from Ground Zero' pg 149
    I.A.C.O.J. Member

Forum Member

I always figured that John Wayne would have made a great firefighter.... but as it was pointed out in the original thread, I should probably pick a cast that is a little younger, and in some cases…. still alive....

It might be time to pull the papers out and dust them off...
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firefighter26
    I always figured that John Wayne would have made a great firefighter
    Well, he already played one in the movies: Chance Buckman, Hellfighters, 1968.

MembersZone Subscriber

Have you seen the Charlie Sheen movie? Not so nice. He's a FF that stalks and eventually tries to kill the family next door.

I would love to see one based on Larry Brown's On Fire.

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh man, sorry about that Lewiston2Capt, I need to take my medication on time apparently.

Yes, "Mother, Juggs and Speed" is the correct name of the movie.
    Still, no matter what you call it, a funny movie with lots of top actors now that were young back then.

Thanks again Capt!

Forum Member

Originally posted by Dickey
    Oh man, sorry about that Lewiston2Capt, I need to take my medication on time apparently.

Yes, "Mother, Juggs and Speed" is the correct name of the movie.
    Still, no matter what you call it, a funny movie with lots of top actors now that were young back then.

Thanks again Capt!

That was on tv last night, Absolutelty hilarious

MembersZone Subscriber

firefighter26

I should probably pick a cast that is a little younger, and in some cases…. still alive....
    I think the cast you have chosen is excellent. There are allot of fire departments that are manned by older members, as recruitment lingers for fresh blood. The movie world can do wonders with bringing back the deceased.
    "The uniform is supposed to say something about you. You get it for nothing, but it comes with a history, so do the right thing when you're in it."
    Battalion Chief Ed Schoales
    from 'Report from Ground Zero' pg 149
    I.A.C.O.J. Member

Haven't seen it yet, but wasn't "Collateral Damage" with Gov. Arnold Schwarzeneger a "firefighter" movie?
    Tim Newman
    Assistant Director
    Reno County Emergency Management
    Hutchinson, KS
    KA4CKR

www.renogov.com

Thread Information