Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber SamsonFCDES's Avatar

Talking Thundersledge!!!

This reminded me of the tool talk we had recently. I was bragging about my mini sledge hammers and how good they are.

I just came across this entry tool page, it has all sorts of neat stuff, mostly for law enforcement.

http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/p...sp?cat_id=8&d=

They have a VERY nice mini sledge, all ready to go, even non sparking and non condutive.

IIRC 33motor was looking for a mini tool to tie onto his SCBA frame, the small hammer they have there might work good, but they are more expensive then a plain old hammer.

Just some neat stuff.

How about this gorilla haligan!

-Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

HOLY BEGEEZUS wold you look at that halligan!!!

Don't get me wrong - that thing may be Bees Knees, but if you come walking by me carrying that thing - PLEASE don't expect me not to laugh !!

I mean really - I had to wait like 3 minutes after I read this post to reply - it took that long to stop laughing hard enough to get the tears out of my eyes.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Bigger isn't always better...

You know the old saying, "it's not the size of the ship but the motion of the ocean."

They'd be better off training harder in the area of forcible entry than getting a huge ***** Halligan....
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Yeah, but just imagine the beat down you could dish out on the guy running the meth lab that you just busted the door in on!!!

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!"

-Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

Originally posted by SamsonFCDES
    Yeah, but just imagine the beat down you could dish out on the guy running the meth lab that you just busted the door in on!!!

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!"

Assuming you can still swing that monstrosity! And the guy doesnt bust a cap in your *** as soon as you come in the door. Thanks but I think I will stick with my 30" halligan and flat headed axe.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Man, if I was going to carry something like that I think I'd paint some blue stripes on my face and wear a kilt.

" Freeeeeeeeeeeddoooooooooommmmm mmmmm!!!"
    http://www.sanantoniofire.org

IACOJ
    Got Crust?

We lucky few, ... we band of brothers

Originally posted by Lewiston2Capt

Assuming you can still swing that monstrosity! And the guy doesnt bust a cap in your *** as soon as you come in the door. Thanks but I think I will stick with my 30" halligan and flat headed axe.
    Such is the life of the drug bust door man, rarely do you get a "how do you do?"

Why is why only 12 gauge shotguns whould be used for foceable entry in such situations.

If at first you dont succeed... Get a shotgun.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey, that's a new fire service idea. Use a shotgun for forcible entry. Load it with buckshot

Door?? What door??

Hmmm, me thinks someone needs to resurrect Jet-Axe for the police to use this time around

Door? What door? There was a door here?

Wonder how many here:
    Where around when you could buy a Jet-Axe
    Where around long enough to hear the older timers chuckling about 'em. (moi)
    Have no clue what I'm talking about

Dal,
    I remeber back in the day seeing a training video about ventilation or forcible entry and some of the new items that maybe used ......and that Jet-Axe kicked AXE !!!! LOL.................how come those never went over well ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Weruj1 or Dal...What is a Jet-Axe??... I seem like a moron asking this question but I have never heard of such a tool.

Forum Member

a jet axe is a cardboard box about 3 inchs thick in various sizes. How you used it was you hung it on something you wanted to get into. You them punched in the center and pulled out the wire. Next you pulled down on the metal ring that lit the primer cord. Finally run for cover. The shaped charge of the explosive blasted a hole. Rumor going around is that our fire chief still has one

MembersZone Subscriber

This thing looks great, could probably rip the lock clear out of a wood door with the axe end, or use it for a backup flathead axe/sledge in case you lose it, easier to hold on a gut belt too.

I would imagine the Jet Axe and other breaching charges were replaced by the 12 gauge method. Less collateral damage potential.

You know the old saying, "it's not the size of the ship but the motion of the ocean."
    Yes, but nobody should go to sea in a canoe, either!

Thread Information