Thread: It's A Girl

Default It's A Girl

Friday, December 5, 2003

Firefighter's widow gives birth to girl

By T&G STAFF

CLINTON- The widow of fallen Firefighter Martin H. McNamara V delivered the couple's third child yesterday.

According to Firefighter McNamara's grandfather, Martin H. McNamara III, a healthy baby girl was born shortly before noon yesterday at the UMass Medical Center - Memorial Campus in Worcester. The baby's mother, Claire B. McNamara, named the child "Marty" after her father, he said. It is the couple's third daughter.

"She's beautiful," the elder McNamara - the baby's great-grandfather - said.

The new baby weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces, and is 22 inches long.

Firefighter McNamara died early Saturday morning at a house fire in Lancaster. The baby was due the next day.

The state fire marshall's office, meantime, is continuing to investigate the cause of the fire and hopes to make some conclusions soon, said Jennifer Mieth, spokeswoman for the office.

A candlelight vigil will be held Sunday in Lancaster to pay tribute to Firefighter McNamara and to honor "our dedicated public safety officers, our local heroes who risk personal safety each and every day for the protection and service of others."

The vigil begins at 4:30 p.m. at the First Church of Christ, Unitarian (Bulfinch Church) on the Town Green
    Bill Martin
    Worcester, MA

Forum Member

My sincerest congratulations to the family of our fallen brother. What better legacy than serving his fellow man, but to carry on his life with the life of a newborn child.
    ~Kevin
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    --^v--^v--^v--^v--
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
    Dennis Miller

Forum Member

I think that Brother kghemtp'scomment says it all...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

So wonderful and so sad...the very definition of bittersweet news. Best wishes for a merry Christmas to the McNamaras.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Thread Information