Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LODD

Forum Member

Default LODD

This press release came to the firehouse this morning-

Warsaw Fire Department
    Press Release 12/04/03

It is with great sadness that the Warsaw Illinois Fire Department announces the death of Firefighter Todd Dicks, 37. On December 3, 2003 at approximately 4:20 p.m. while responding to an automobile accident located 5 miles Southeast of Warsaw, Firefighter Todd Dicks began exhibiting signs of respitory distress. Upon arrival at the scene, Warsaw Firefighters summoned assistance from EMS personnel. EMTís from Warsaw and Hamilton and Paramedics from Carthage immediately began providing emergency medical care. Firefighter Todd Dicks was transported by Warsaw Ambulance Service to Keokuk Area Hospital where he died a short time latter. Firefighter Todd Dicks is the first firefighter to die in the line of duty in the history of the Warsaw Fire department, founded in 1867.

Arrangements with full firefighter rights have been made. Visitation has been set for Friday, December 5, 2003 from 5-9 p.m. at the Lamport Funeral Home, located at 450 South 4th Street in Warsaw. The funeral service with firefighter memorial rights will be held on Saturday December 6 at 11:00 a.m. at the Methodist Church, located at 510 Crawford Street in Warsaw. Burial will be at Fletcher Cemetery, 10 miles south of Warsaw.

80fire has added
    Warsaw is located in Western Illinois along the Mississippi river between Hamilton and Quincy.
    Any fire trucks and personnel attending are asked to meeet at the Warsaw Fire Department at 10:00 AM Saturday
    Last edited by 80FIRE; 12-05-2003 at 11:34 AM.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Firefighter Todd Dicks. May God grant them the strength necessary to get through this time of sorrow. My sympathies also to the Brother's and Sister's of Illinois.

Rest in Peace Todd.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

80, sounds like this one hit pretty close to home. Our condolences to the family and friends.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Default My condolences

Les:
    Just saw it on the home page of FH.com.
    Sorry to hear about it.
    The family of Todd Dicks has my sincerest condolences.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

ya know guys me and the station im at went through this case tonight and we have determined that this could have been easily avoided. this guy had a history of heart disease and respritory problems and he shouldn't have been going on calls. it was so dangerous for him to be put in this situation and sadly enough he is not with us any longer. i wish that more of these casses were taken seriously so that they are not overlooked because it happens all the times that firefighters die of heart problems that are over looked. its a serious problem and it needs to stop. its so unfortunate that we always lose the great people in the world. he died on the way to save someones life and that is so honorable. but it still could have been prevented.

one of the poc guys at my fire station just died of a heart attack as well but he wasn't on duty. he was 36 years old and his wife was 7 months pregnant. now her baby doesn't have a father and we lost a great guy. i wish it could have been helped.

Forum Member

playboyjackie
    This thread was started to show our respect for a fallen brother.
    If you wish to play "Monday Morning Quarterback" please take it somewere else.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Thread Information