St. Petersburg Times--Hillsborough County

Overheated dryer causes house fire
By Times Staff Writer
Published December 7, 2003

TAMPA - An overheated clothes dryer caught fire inside a single-story house at 4238 E Emma St. just before noon Saturday, causing $28,000 worth of damage, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to quell the smoke and flames. There were no injuries.

Homeowners Fred and Mary Rutledge have another place to stay, Capt. Bill Wade said. According to the property appraiser's Web site, the couple bought the 1,300-square-foot home in 1974.