MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rosenbauer/Central States units

Here I am with more questions

Anyone out there running a Rosenbauer/General/Central States rig?

Likes?

Dislikes?

Thank you
    pfd3501

Forum Member

We've got two,had some issues of which none were real serious.We just ordered another with a few design changes that hopefully will address some of the problems like cracking valance panels in the rear compartments,a few wiring issues,door switch problems etc.T.C.

Forum Member

We have two now and one on order had good luck with them

Forum Member

We have a Central States Rescue truck. 4 years old. Has been a very good truck. One of the main factors that made up our decision to purchase one of their trucks is that the factory is only 3 hours away. We are looking at a pumper from them in the near future.

Forum Member

Default we've had a few problems...

The biggest thing was we bought a stock unit but it didn't come exactly as the contract speced... but our apparatus committee of one (fire chief) only made it to the pre build conference and didn't go to the pre-paint inspection.

We worked through the issues of what didn't make it on the completed truck (a 2 door cab with 2 captains chairs instead of a bench, gated passenger side pony suction) and the only problem we have had is with the priming pump locking up a couple of times and a bad latch on the rear compartment, otherwsie truck has worked well (built on a IH Chasis, 1250 pump, 1000 gallon tank, 20 gallon class A foam).

Real shocker was when the truck was delivered without the loose equipment (all of the hose and nozzles). Local dealership had forgotten to order so we had a new rig with no hose. Took a couple of months after delivery to get the hose and nozzles in.

Have been on the purchasing committee and on the department with several Central fire trucks.

We consider them to be very good and very reliable. Like any vehicle it is your responsiblity to make sure you have the appropriate specs and make all the conferences (Pre-Build, Pre-Paint etc).
    Remember,

If you don't respond.....who will

IACOJ EMS Bureau Member
    IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber

We've got a truck (in service since November). Its a Central States Stainless steel body, 1250 Rearmount Pump, 500 Gal of water, 35 Gallons of Class A Foam, Foam Pro 2001 with a Rosenbauer Commander Chassis (the Fiberglass/Structural Foam Cab). I am very impressed with the truck so far. We've had a few small problems that have been taken care of by the dealer and the factory. The chassis drives really well. I drove it home from the factory, (an 8hr trip) and it doesn't have an air ride seat for the operator. The only reason I missed the seat was for a little vertical adjustment. There is plenty of room in the cab. It is extremely quiet also.

I will say there are a few things that we would do different that were due to communication issues between us and the factory. Make sure that you tell them if there are any questions on how you want something built, to call you before they start to build that part. If you want, you can email me (Flmslayr2@aol.com). I'll be able to answer any questions you got.

Forum Member

Wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of your truck if you have some. We've been running a rearmount for 9 years now and will be purchasing aother in a few years. The builder of the rig went out of buisness a few years ago.Also of note i know a few sale people have switched over to Rosenbauer in the past couple of years.

Thread Information