Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curfew

Forum Member

Default Curfew

one quick question.

does your post and or your deparment have a curfew set for explorers and or jrs. ??????? ours is currently 2:00 pm till 10:00pm mon.-thurs. and 2:00 pm - 12:00 am on friday, 5:30am - 10:00 pm, and 5:30 am - 12:00am on saturday and any holiday break we have off school.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

We restrict school nights to no calls after 22:00. Any other time is fair game.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

For EMS, I know we limit it to 23:00, but I'm not sure about fire calls. Personally, the last thing I want to be concerned about is a 16 year old traveling across town at 2am all jacked because of a rocking structure fire or big MVC, and have him not show up because of driving off the road somewhere. I mean no offense to our juniors here, but the main reason for kids crashing is lack of experience. I think overnight responses need to be planned out very well in terms of explorers or juniors.
    ~Kevin
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    --^v--^v--^v--^v--
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
    Dennis Miller

HNFC FF/President mdoddsjffhnfc's Avatar

our department doesn't have a set cut-off. The only curfews are imposed by the parent's of the junior.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Our Dept has set a curfew that we cant respond on schools nights past 10 pm.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

For 16-17 year olds during school days its 6am-12pm we can run calls.
    On weekends and scheduled off school days we can run calls 6am-1am

For 14-15 year olds during school days its 7am-10pm we can run calls.
    Its the same on weekends and scheduled off school days.

This is not my departments rules it the rules of PA, If it was up to my department (atleast what they tell me) they would let us run all around the clock.
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

We didnt go to calls so it was pretty cut and dry. For night meetings Mon-Thur 7-9/915ish,Weekends,Holidays,Summe rs etc. 7-10. Although during some nights this summer I didnt crawl out of thier till 3 am.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Good question though moose. I got a friend who is in a post and there kicking this curfew thing around right now,Im going to print this out and give it to him.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

We donít go on calls but on meeting nights, they try to get us out by 21:30.

Iím not sure if this applies to all states quite yet but hereís a suggestion. Set the curfew so it leaves plenty of room for those with restrictive graduated licenses to get home during legal driving time. Again, Iím not quite sure how it works in other states, but itís just an idea.

In my state you can't drive past 11 at night. If you have a note from your employer or chief of a volunteer organization (as the law states) you can drive after the rescricted time if you are going to or comming from them two options. I think its a good rule because there are many times where I have driven to a fire call around 12 and have had a note in my glove box incase I would get pulled over.
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

my departments rules on curfew are we cant respond to calls that happen after midnight unless its a working structure fire. and can be there until the fire is undercontrol our there is enough other firefighters. these requirements go for only school nights. other wise its free game. and we can be released from school for big structure fires and forest fires.

whats up with your mvc policies?
    do u go to the scene?

cuz my dept. says we can only go to the station for rescues.
    and we dont do ambulance we got a seperate ambulance corp.
    although we do respond for there lifting assistance calls or if they need emt's that are not in the ambulance corp.

GFDSlappyRob
    Firehouse.com Guest

We got one too. Ours is if you are under 17 yrs. of age you CANNOT for any reason respond back for a fire after 23:00 on weekends and 20:00 on weekdays. 17 yrs. or older you can respond back on weekends at any time and on school night nothing past 22:00 hrs. If your older than 18 or out of high school you can respond at any time, just as long as it doesn't affect college,work, etc.

2200-(till your school day ends) School days/when in session. Weekends I believe it is 0100 till 0600.
    Last edited by Explorer129; 12-15-2003 at 08:55 AM.
    Floral Park Fire Explorers
    Post 129
    Floral Park, New York
    www.explorers129.com

Forum Member

"whats up with your mvc policies?
    do you go to the scene?"

we get to go to any call we get as long as it is in curfew. we run on all fires, vehicle accidents, and medical calls. we are allowed to ride the responding appuratus to the scene or even go pv. the only major rules we have is curfew and the "Hot Zone" rules.
    Last edited by Moose2028; 12-15-2003 at 11:15 AM.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

GFDSlappyRob
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Moose2028
    "whats up with your mvc policies?
    do you go to the scene?"

we get to go to any call we get as long as it is in curfew. we run on all fires, vehicle accidents, and medical calls. we are allowed to ride the responding appuratus to the scene or even go pv. the only major rules we have is curfew and the "Hot Zone" rules.
    The reason we have ours in place is because in our town if your pulled over on the way to the station legally after curfew sets in anyone under the age of 17 is considered to not have a license and because we don't need the coppers asking why a 14 or 15 year old was riding his/her bikle down to the station after curfew. That is why we don't allow it. For the ride time thing we can ride any time between 08:00-08:00 on weekends and 1500 to 20:00 on weekdays(unless 18 yrs. of and out of high school, then it is fair game). Over nights are reserved for 18 and older. We are allowed to respond to the scene in our personal vehicle only after going to station 1 and picking up rehab supplies. We can ride any apparatus as lond as there is an open seat.
    Last edited by GFDSlappyRob; 12-17-2003 at 11:55 AM.

we can run around the clock
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

we can go anytime but if its a school night we cant go to calls after 10 but if the call comein at 9:59 and your on secne at 10:3 or close to that they dont care. They are happy that we show up.

Year around Sunday - Thursday 2200 hrs. Friday and Saturday until Midnight. I'd like to get rid of the midnight and leave it open and get rid of it all together when school is out for breaks and summer.
    Tell me I forget,Show me I remember, Involve me and I understand.

Trauma44004
    EMT-B/Fire Fighter/Explorer Program Director

Plymouth Twp. Fire Explorers
    http://www.ptfdexplorers.org
    Plymouth Twp. Fire/EMS Explorers
    http://www.ptfdexplorers.org

Forum Member

Junior firefighers ages 16 and 17 shall adhere to the following hours of service:

During School Term:
    No activity while school is in session
    No activity between 12AM and 6AM
    No activity between 1AM and 6AM on weekends and holidays
    During Summer Vacation:
    No restrictions.

16 and 17 year olds who answer alarms before the midnight or 1AM deadline may continue to operate on that incident past the deadline, but may not answer any additional alarms that come in past the deadline.
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

07:30 hours 'till 22:00 hours 24/7/365.

Thread Information