MembersZone Subscriber

Default TIC Purchasing Drill

Were fixing to purchase a TIC. We will be running them thru a Burn Building (to find fire and to find victiums) and I am planning to dunk them in a bucket of water to check to see how water proof there are. Are there any other drills you have or heard of being done.

Thanks
    This is My Opinion and not of anyone elses!!

Forum Member

I would recommend taking through a building and showing how the fire stream effects what you see and mirrors, teach your people that the image they see in a mirror or on windows is there own and how to detect and notice these things also it can go without saying but we have had this problem, The TIC picks up the hottest source of thermal rays in a room, which means if your standing in a garage in winter and looking at the wall where the heater is YES it will show it as warm but the wall isn't on fire!
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

Protective Economist

Default Re: TIC Purchasing Drill

Originally posted by vindicator
    Were fixing to purchase a TIC. We will be running them thru a Burn Building (to find fire and to find victiums) and I am planning to dunk them in a bucket of water to check to see how water proof there are. Are there any other drills you have or heard of being done.

Thanks
    Here is some guidance on evaluating thermal imagers:
    http://thermalimager.bullard.com/tec...Eval/index.cfm

I suggest that you verify ANY claim the salesperson makes...do not settle for just "his word."

If you have specific questions on technology, there are a number of people on these boards willing to help you...including me.

Jonathan Bastian
    TI Training Manager, Bullard
    jonathan_bastian@bullard.com
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Thread Information