Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OSFM Find the holes in Juli's story part 1

First, before anyone else bashes the new Firemarshal, his name is spelled Vina not Pina. And yes, I have seen him on MANY occasions right here in Springpatch.
    Second... It sounds like everyone is judgeing him by what Juli Heminghous is saying. The Firemarshal and his staff did not "push" her out of the OSFM. She herself has been shooting her own occupational foot over the past few years. Infact, she was so sure she was going to be fired by Ernie, that she was pursuing other employment while he was still Firemarshal. Juli has been known to scream, curse and flip employees the bird while at work. At every firefighter/chiefs function she attends, she uses the time to bash the OSFM, Ernie and now Peter. While it is true that Ernie removed her from a managerial position, she was allowed to still act in a PIO position, but with fewer responsibilities. Under Peter's administration, her attitude worsened to the put that she was completely isolated in her department.
    When Ernie was Firemarshal, Juli and various other OSFM employees, abused his generosity by using the state's money to buy Presidential Suites at the Crowne Plaza Hotel after OSFM functions when she and other employees lived only a few miles from the function. Peter does not tolerate such abuse of the state's funds. This upsets alot of people. Not many employees at the OSFM like change. While it is true that employees and offices have moved around at the OSFM, no one has been pushed out.
    Please do not judge Peter buy what one bitter, angry woman says.

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Whoever in the hell you are, thanks for posting another side of a story. BUT... we're not stupid. We know that the bosses name is Vina. We also know that we've never seen him.
    On the Juli side, I've never met her and only know of her through the e-mails I get from her through the OSFM. Some of that information has been been very helpful. I hope Mr. Vina keeps it up after she's gone so that we people who don't happen to live in Springfield can get the information we need.
    The South Central Fire Chief's Association, which includes chiefs from 8 counties in Southern Illinois, has asked Mr. Vina to attend a meeting. He will "if his schedule allows". Maybe the man needs to make his schedule allow a visit to us. I'm sure he's met the chief in Springfield and Chicago and all the "bigger" depts. Why not our "small" depts?
    My name is actually on the signature of this message.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Jack:
    Let's not discourage our Springfield Insider, now!
    We may garner valuable information that we have not been privvy to before.
    HTT:
    I am sure that Vina appreciates your support of him; just like the governor came out in support of him, but don't take this the wrong way; VINA NEEDS TO COME OUT AND BE SEEN AND WORK TO GAIN SUPPORT FROM THE DEMOGRAPHIC THAT MATTERS; THE STATE'S FIRE DEPARTMENTS.
    Sorry; didn't mean to yell. Trying to make a point.
    As you can see from Jack's post; there are some upset people who still have not seen Vina or any effort on his part to "link".
    See what you can do about that.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

I think Jack and Art have hit the nail on the head!
    HTH If you have more information that can be shared from the OSFM
    welcome to the forums. I certainly hope you didn't register here just to bash Juliann and build up a few point with your boss. With every change it takes time to adjust and proceed. Vina has done nothing to help his public image in our area. He needs to get out and meet the troups! I have a friend in the OSFM and they had not met the FM until the christmas party.

If you really are from the OSFM why not register under a real name and give us some heads up information on programs and events that are happening at the OSFM.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

go get em boys !!!!!!!!!!! something smells fishy in the Flatlands ..........
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

While I am not a fan of arrogant forum nicknames like "firegod" or "heresthetruth", if "truth" registered here just for this thread I will give him/her the benefit of the doubt.

It is possible he could know what he is talking about.
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

Duffman wrote:
    It is possible he could know what he is talking about.
    Could be a "she"! Unless you are referring to HeresTheTruth's last statement:
    Please do not judge Peter buy what one bitter, angry woman says.
    Then it could be a "he"!
    I also believe in giving the benefit of the doubt. However; HTT didn't give us a whole lot in the way of facts. If HTT is an OSFM insider, then I would hope that this person could offer more insight and less opinion.
    Wait and see.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Obviously "HeresTheTruth" has an agenda. I have known Juli for almost 12 years. She has been a friend to our department and departments across the State. I have NEVER heard her say ANYTHING against ANY Fire Marshal..Including the current candidate. When I last saw her in August, I specifically asked her how things are going with the change of administration. She said there would be changes, but NEVER ONCE said anything derogatory. I consider her a friend and would have given me some type of indication of the level of her alleged "bitterness". I don't know who you are "HeresTheTruth" and I really dont care. Juliann has always served the people of Illinois with integrity. Even when she sent out an e-mail regarding her position, I did not detect any bitterness or malice. So "TRUTH" This 23 year Illinois Fire service veteran takes what you say with a grain of salt. Actions speak louder then words.
    Last edited by MIKEYLIKESIT; 12-15-2003 at 11:07 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Mikey, since you seem to know Juli better than any of us, I could tend to take your word for what she has done for us and her attitude towards OSFM.I don't know if OSFM had a PIO before, if they did we never got anything from them. Juli's doing her job and seems to be doing it well. That's all we care about.
    HTT, since you're probably lurking, what about the rest of the story? After all, your thread does say "... part 1".
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Post We're still waiting...

FOR PART II

Forum Member
    Smack dab in the middle of Central Illinois

As I just stated in the first forum where HTT made his other post...where has he gone? Why is it, that people will rush to defend someone that everyone has critical questions about (not criticism, just questions I said), point accusations at someone else, then disappear? Have they no round things halfway down and halfway up? Are they afraid of something? They have a screenname they can hide under, so whey not come back and post a rebuttal or more defense of that guy everyone is calling fire marshal but no one has seen or heard much from him since his appointment? Ernie always seem to try to make an appearance at Winter Fire School, the IAFPD conference, the one in Peoria (they have merged and changed the name, so I am not familiar with what the name is now), as well as fire college and the State Fair. Was the new guy there?

Michael
    IL
    Last edited by SWFD94; 12-31-2003 at 10:57 AM.

Forum Member

Default Have we stooped this low?

For those who do not know Juli, they are missing out on a great benefit to all of us in the IL Fire Service. Ask those involved in Pub Ed. She has brought our efforts forward, her ability to facilitate the old "Showcase" was one of the greatest networking ideas we have. As most of us are aware, we learn a great deal after the conferences are over...and her availability to us in Springfield at the Crown Plaza, or wherever, has been fully apreciated. She has a knack for putting the right people in touch with one another. I would consider it a benefit to the OSFM's office that she was there instead of home. Let her do her job, she does it well. Sure we all have a beef with the boss at times...but I never heard her speak "openly" in a bad way about the boss. For what it is worth...she has my vote of confidence.

Apparently, Here'sTheTruth must have Heard The Truth!
    Not likely that there will be a Part II involving Juliann.
    According to an Illinois Fire Service publication, Vina has been very busy streamlining the Office of the State Fire Marshal.
    Perhaps, HTH has been too busy re-shuffling to give us the updates!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Default Where's heresthetruth????????

Don't you mean , Where is Peter??????? Probably trying to think of a new name somewhere

'77 what you know about all this ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Default HERES THE TRUTH

We have a pretty good idea who you are and what your motives are. Smarts are ok, but you might want to get some time on the job before you explain to us, the FIRE SERVICE members of The State of Illinois how things are.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

HeresTheTruth:
    Word has it that a top staffer in the Office is leaving. Guess the holes weren't in Juli's story after all.
    Any idea on what you're going to put on those new business cards?
    Juli; glad you're staying.
    Truth; Juli; and the American Way!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

I can confirm the good Chiefs report. Score one for the "good guys"...US !
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber pcfdcap1's Avatar
    finally getting ready to start the new station

GREAT
    Every silver lining's got a touch of grey...I wiilll get by....

Proud to be IACOJ Flatlander Division

MembersZone Subscriber

Told my wife about this last night. She said "Is Peter next?"
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Thread Information