Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Smile Holiday scanner recordings

Our County Dispatch has been putting out messages to the effect that an unidentified object has been located on radar headed towards our county then gives a description of the occupant.
    Usually something about good boys and girls is added. Its very nice that they do this and very appreciative for the families with scanners or radios in their homes.
    "The uniform is supposed to say something about you. You get it for nothing, but it comes with a history, so do the right thing when you're in it."
    Battalion Chief Ed Schoales
    from 'Report from Ground Zero' pg 149
    I.A.C.O.J. Member

Thats funny stuff. I had tears comming out of my eyes after the 2nd one.

I suppose this could be related...

check it out on christmas eve for all you fellas who have kids... its a cool sight, they "track santa" they have clips of where he has been spotted and everything, a new one every hour or so as he makes his trip

NORAD TRACKS SANTA

have fun!

edit:

found some from last year...here
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

Here is a story of Christmas Eve about 4-5 years ago.

A buddy of mine was a police officer in a local village. This PD shared a frequency with 2 other PDs and was monitored by at least 3-4 other PDs in the area. It was Christmas eve and he was working the midnight shift (going into Christmas Day). as he was driving down the main drag of the village, he watched hi clock change to midnight. Next thing you hear is "XXX dispatch, traffic pursuit". As he said that, every nearby agency's officers on duty, got ready to join in a lil fun.

XXX Dispatch, southbound on Main st, vehicle appears to be a red sleigh, occupied by 1 white male, wearing a red and white suit. Vehicle appears to be pulled by 8 reindeer.

The dispatcher couldn't reply. I think she got out a "10-4" and that was it. About 30 seconds later, you hear, "xx dispatch, calling off the pursuit, suspect vehicle just took off from Metcalf Airfield"

After that, there were multiple area PD's calling his dispatcher and laughing their *****es off. That was one of the funniest things they had ever heard.

Me too

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I loved the end of the 2nd one LMFAO!!!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information