+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor George

MembersZone Subscriber pcfdcap1's Avatar
    finally getting ready to start the new station

Default Poor George

Yes Virginia, maybe thereis a Santa Clause
    Ryan gets an early Christmas present
    Every silver lining's got a touch of grey...I wiilll get by....

Proud to be IACOJ Flatlander Division

Forum Member

Default It is about time

At least he will have a few friends in the big house. I knew he was making friends with the death row inmates for a reason.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

you guys are good - should be in comedy insted of FFing. My wife wants to testify against him for some stuff that happened where she worked 30 years ago. Maybe the'll put him in the work camp down here and he can clean our ditches for us.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Default But, he was a Nobel Peace nominee!

I think the other 66 convicts that worked for him are mad that they got caught, so they leveled these groundless accusations against one of the top vote getters in the history of our state.
    He's no more a crook than Michael Jackson is a pedophile.
    It's going to be a long trial with a lot of legal manuevering. My guess is that Ryan won't see jail.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

CR, my father in law (who lives up north near Kankakee) says George was a crook when he first got into politics and there's no reason to think he ever changed. My wife saw first hand what George did to somebody else at Kankakee Community College. I'm sure more politicians are like George than the late Paul Simon, but George should pay the price and see some time. He got caught so face the consequences.
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Default Art I must disagree..

I truly believe Ol"George is going to do some time....Even with one of the best defense attorneys in the State.. Former U.S. Attorney Dan Webb.

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

With jury selection underway, I thought it might be interesting to resurrect this thread.

Georgie was looking pretty forlorn heading into court.

The news reports they are not having much luck selecting jurors. Imagine that?
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Urrrrrrrrggggggggggg....What's wrong with this computer? Page will not display!
    An education is only wasted when the taught individual chooses not to recognize the value of the lesson.

MembersZone Subscriber

I doubt the prosecution is going to pick any one from Kankakee to be on the jury considering we just finished our $20 million county jail, $5 million ice rink, $6 million dollar water park with Illinois First Money.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by k3twpfire
    I doubt the prosecution is going to pick any one from Kankakee to be on the jury considering we just finished our $20 million county jail, $5 million ice rink, $6 million dollar water park with Illinois First Money.
    And we still couldn't get $50k to build a fire station. I may never forgive or forget.
    I just made post #1500!
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by k3twpfire
    So THAT'S where all that money went. I'll be darned.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

Stephen Coonts uses one of his characters in "Flight of the Minotaur"to get this observation across:"Politicians.If you rendered the lot of em,you wouldn't find a thimblefull of scruples."
    I never trust the politicians that I didn't vote for and won anyway and I rarely fully trust those that I DID vote for when they win.

Quote Originally Posted by jboczek
    I'm sure more politicians are like George than the late Paul Simon, but George should pay the price and see some time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Reminds me of what a former mayor, and a devout republican I might add, of our tiny village once said: "By god, you can throw them all in a paper sack and shake them up and when you dump them out they'll all be alike."
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

During George Ryan's political ascent, he was always the highest vote-getter of them all. Most "popular" politician in Illinois history. And don't forget his friends on the benches.
    I still say that he will not see prison.
    Call me a conservative cynic.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

CR, you're nothing but a conservative cynic. I'm going golfing.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird210
    CR, you're nothing but a conservative cynic. I'm going golfing.
    Me too.
    We'll play best score.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by JorieH
    Urrrrrrrrggggggggggg....What's wrong with this computer? Page will not display!
    It isn't the computer .... the thread was started 2 years ago, that's why the link doesn't work.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Ice rink's 'cool' feel

Community comes together for opening

Mary Baskerville , The Daily Journal

October 02, 2005

Recreation facilities are important both for the fun they generate and the economic vitality they bring to the region.
    That was the message of Kankakee Mayor Don Green and former Gov. George Ryan Saturday as the Kankakee Valley Park District marked the grand opening of the OAK Orthopedic Sports Arena. "The community won today," Green said.

Streaming through the new $8.5 million facility, young skaters, hockey players, and everyone from aunts to grandparents enjoyed the day.

"This is awesome. The kids think it's great too," Sharon Stanley of Kankakee said. She brought grandchildren, 9-year old Sarah Miller, and "six-and-a-half" year old Adam Miller of Manteno to skate. Sarah thought skating was "cool," while Adam gave the new ice rink a thumbs up, adding he's asking for skates this Christmas.

"We love it," Lana Fowler of Bradley said. She had brought her niece, Brittany Wonders, and her friend, Chloe Ayres. Even though the 8-year-olds report skating for the first time on the ice at OAK, they said they learned to spin and to skate backwards.

"It's absolutely fantastic. It is such a thrill to have a facility like this in Kankakee," Lura Lynn Ryan said just before her husband, the former governor, cut the opening ribbon.

With the ice rink and the new Splash Valley Aquatic Park, she said, "It's really neat. There is plenty for the young people to do and that's a good thing."

For the Ryans, the event brought a pleasant end to a hectic week. The former governor is currently on trial for corruption charges, and it is drawing state and national media attention.

"Lura Lynn and I are absolutely delighted to be here," Ryan told those gathered for the ribbon cutting. Speaking of his many projects as governor, he said bringing the ice rink and swimming pool to Kankakee were highlights: "These two were the most fun for me."

Young skaters presented the former governor and his wife with hockey jerseys from the Kankakee Coyotes youth team.

Developers and industry looking at Kankakee will see the two new first-class recreation facilities, along with existing park district programs, the river, the state park and ball fields, Green said. "It really is a benefit. It is for the whole community."

Prairie Walk, the city's first home development in 30 years, is started across the street from the ice rink. Plans call for 1,500 homes. Both the mayor and Ryan said the new facilities helped spark the new growth.

Kankakee Valley Park District Executive Director David O'Connell said the facility has been a long time coming but "this beautiful facility is well worth the wait."

Funding got underway with $6.6 million in Illinois FIRST money, and required the park district, the city, Kankakee Community College and the state to work together to open on Sept. 9, O'Connell said.

KCC President Jerry Weber said the opening was a great "moment for the community." While very proud of the KCC Fitness Center, he said the former governor "saw the vision of bringing the community together."

Skating Director Shannon LaMaster said Halloween skates and other special events are planned. Public skating times are slated each day. For times, interested persons can phone (815) 939-1946 or visit www.oakorthoarena.com

Fitness center to open

Many visitors enjoyed a sneak peak at the KCC Fitness Center, located within the arena and slated to open Oct. 17. Options on how to use the facility are numerous. A college credit course can be taken for transfer credit or with a pass/fail option, or audited for no grade, said KCC Director of Athletics David Holstein.

The 16-week class offers unlimited use of the center. When a student registers, an orientation will be given by Fitness Center Director Dennis Clark or coordinators Sarah McIntosh or Gary Sien. Cardio, strengthening and free weights will be offered.

The new fitness center is three times larger than what was offered before, Holstein said.

I heard today that detainees who have not yet been convicted of a crime will be aloud to vote on the new Iraqi constitution.
    I wonder if George will vote!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Maybe we should have called our new fire station a skating rink so we could have gotten our $$$. After all, we can skate in our street shoes on the slimy floor.
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Thread Information