Forum Member

Cool Survivor, Responder which one

A quick question which flashlight for the turnout coat is better. I know that the responder has a larger candle power about 45,000 compared to the 25000 that the survivor has. Any drawbacks to either good points also. The responder i can get for 80 bux with charger the survivor for 50 with no charger and its the older model. Any help is greatly appreciated

stick

District Chief

I like the survivor personally, but then again, I have not used the responder. I know that my survivor seems to hold a charge foreveer and ever and is very durable.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Default I Had The Same Dillema

I was having trouble deciding between the two myself. I liked the info I was reading about the responder. I decided to go with the survivor because alot of guys on my FD had them. There are lots of chargers laying around and the old and new style fit the same chargers. The batteries are the main difference. I went with the new style with dual charger and two batteries. The unit is very durrable and has been dropped and abused. Ive had no problems with mine and with the extra battery, i've allways had light when I needed it.
    Marc S.
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    Solon Local 2079

Thread Information