Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am trying but just dont get it ..........why cant we all agree to disagree and be done with it ? HUH ? Believe what you want and I will do the same..........is it really that hard ? I am with CR on this one .......
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

How many people were murdered because of the Communist's ideal of atheism?
    Atheism is about something one isn't; not what one is. How a brutal political regime justifies murdering people is beside the point. It is not acceptable, whether it's done in the name of some "god," or any other reason. These acts have no bearing on who I am, or what I don't believe, nor does it reflect the feelings of anyone I've ever met, or define "atheism" as a whole.

I notice you didn't even touch my Presentation on the First Amendment in the other thread.
    One more post before you enter "ignoreland." I don't have to "touch" it. What's your point? If a local government decides that any religious item within the public domain could potentially be viewed as offensive, then so be it. It doesn't prevent your freedom to worship in the least. You see, it's people like you, and your biased, judgemental attitude towards anyone different than you, that makes people upset. How can anyone expect a fair trial, or to be fairly considered in any government proceeding, when antiquated, ****-poor attitudes like yours exist? Regardless of what you (and others like you) think, this is not a mob-rule demagogy, to be ran by angry, paranoid loudmouths, like yourself.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

THANK GOODNESS-NOTICE I SAID "GOODNESS"-NONE OF WHAT YOU GENTLEMEN HAVE BEEN POUNDING AFFECTS WHAT YOU DO AS FIREFIGHTERS!
    YOU ARE FIREFIGHTERS, RIGHT?
    BECAUSE, IF I DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER, THE TURN THAT THIS THREAD HAS TAKEN BELONGS ON A THEOLOGICAL WEBSITE.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

We are so blessed to be Christians and Americans.
    Don't group me as a Christian either. There are non-christian firefighters. To group them all as Christians is a slap in the face to their personal beliefs. and I do take offense to being called something I'm not

CellBlock and Nozzleman, I am sorry you feel the way you do about Christianity.
    Your going to have to add me to that list. We don't want your pity. We don't want you to feel sorry for us. keep your pity and sorrow for someone who deserves it.

My Grandmother always told me, that Athiests were the slacker kids who were too lazy to get up for Church on Sunday Mornings or were too dense to remember prayers.
    don't repeat this, but I agree with George. Tiller, your Grandmother, may she rest in peace, might have been a great lady. But that comment is one of the stupidest/most foolish things I've ever heard. I'm Jewish. what did she say about me and my religion?

However the instances of Christian Extremism in Modern Day Society are almost non-existant. Besides you occasional Abortion Clinic Bomber, there really aren't too many domestic terrorists using God as their claim to activism.
    Tiller's right. I'll defend him. in modern day, there aren't that many. But lets look at the past. The Nazi party (who were primarily Christian) in the 1940s were wiping out Jews and Gypsies by the millions. And the Russian Pogroms in the early 19th century, where they were rounding up and killing Jews. in the late 15th century, the Catholic Spanish monarchy started the Spanish Inquisition, who's main goal was to find non-believers (and killing them). and If I'm not mistaken, the Crusades were about liberating Jerusalem from the muslim people. And we are going to ignore anything dealing with the KKK, who are a prime example of christian extreamists. But that is all in the past, and we are only dealing with modern day.

Every religion has extreamists. Islam, Christain, Jewish, and all the others, they have extreamist groups. These extreamists warp the teachings of their "bible" (bible being used as a general term to say where all their rules and teachings are from), and use it to suit their own desires. after all, Islam, Christianity and Judism all teach that killing and murder is wrong, yet they all have extreamist who do it. You can't judge a religion (or anything) based on what a small group of it's followers do.

don't characterize anything or anyone based on what one lunatic does.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Ahh put a sock in it ya meathead(s)!
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

The question that I would ask to those who subscribe to Atheism is this; Isn't it pretty pointless if the life we have here and now is all there is?

I don't feel "pity", but I am truly sorry that you guys believe the way you do. I don't hate you, I don't even dislike you. I just am sorry, that's all.

Forum Member

No George, Life is Good... I'm a atheist who derives much pleasure and fulfillment in helping my fellow human beings as both a career and volunteer firefighter. I respect and do not criticize all those who choose to believe in God be they Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddist or whatever. I would hope that they would also respect my beliefs, in that I choose not to believe in God. - Peter

The question that I would ask to those who subscribe to Atheism is this; Isn't it pretty pointless if the life we have here and now is all there is?
    Of course not. All the more reason to live as a decent and caring person. We simply disagree with following belief systems that were created thousands of years ago by ignorant peoples. I freely choose NOT to worship a god that condemns people to an eternal, firey death, simply because of a difference of opinion. How barbaric! For years, the Christian god was recast to reflect current views and beliefs, such as the creationists now attempt to make their religion fit what science tells us. I invite you to read the works of Robert Greene Ingersoll. He lived during the mid to late 1800's, and his works should be read in that context.
    http://www.infidels.org/library/hist...ll/index.shtml

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

I don't feel "pity", but I am truly sorry that you guys believe the way you do. I don't hate you, I don't even dislike you. I just am sorry, that's all.
    There is a lot more to life than what happens when it is over. Actually, the way I see it, life would be pretty pointless if all you did was worry about what happened when you died. But thats just the way I see it.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

I hope you are not directing that at me.
    Not at all.

Point, if any, was the "islamist" was also an idiot. Owned a bomb where the islamists are supposed to carry a bomb for allah.

From the Firehouse.Com TOS
    You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
    Just thought I'd post a reminder.

I just read the entire thread in one sitting and there are certainly some posts (and images within posts) that violate the terms of service. I would hope the authors of those in question would reconsider their postings.

I think some have forgotten that, in the end, we're all brothers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Actually, the way I see it, life would be pretty pointless if all you did was worry about what happened when you died.
    You see, that's the good news! With Jesus, you do not have to worry about it!

You see, that's the good news! With Jesus, you do not have to worry about it!
    And more good news... Without Jesus, I still don't worry about it.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by nmfire

And more good news... Without Jesus, I still don't worry about it.
    That was a great comeback.

George, As a fellow Christian I say amen and thank you for standing up for Jesus. God bless you.

IACOJ (ret)

Default Did you really think I could stay out of this?

The point being lost here is that we should not be condeming a religion because of the actions of a small minority of its followers.

Some of the remarks posted here have caused me to lose a degree of respect for their authors. Cozmosis had it right when he said that this is not about religion. A mentally disturbed person did this.

I have been on many EMS runs where a mentally disturbed person praised their god while behaving in all sorts of criminal or otherwise dangerous and irrational behavior. Their religion was not the cause of their actions.

P.S. It is hard to ignore Tiller when you guys keep quoting him.
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

Temporarily/No Longer Active Cellblock776's Avatar

You have a point. You never know what the wachos will do and religion probably had nothing to do with this. If he hadn't been praising Allah then it would have been something else like his saying the electric toaster on his kitchen counter told him to do it. Of course we all know how devious those toaster can be. Don't beleive a word my toaster ever says.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy WEBTEAM SHUT THIS ONE DOWN~~~~~

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SHUDDER TO THINK OF MY FELLOW BROTHERS BEING SO INCREDIBLY IGNORANT TO EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
    -------------------------------------
    "An aggressive interior attack does not mean just going inside to put out a fire. THAT'S just doing our job...."
    IAFF Local 55

Originally posted by Cellblock776
    You have a point. You never know what the wachos will do and religion probably had nothing to do with this. If he hadn't been praising Allah then it would have been something else like his saying the electric toaster on his kitchen counter told him to do it. Of course we all know how devious those toaster can be. Don't beleive a word my toaster ever says.
    Steve.........Steve........its time to kill them all steve. Im watching you steve. Kill them all steve.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Thread Information