MembersZone Subscriber

Default Condolences to the Don Moffitt family.

From the Galesburg Register-Mail:
    Moffitt, Russell W.
    December 23, 2003

GILSON - Russell W. Moffitt, 91, 1067 Knox Highway 17, died at 2:30 a.m. Monday (Dec. 22, 2003) in OSF St. Mary Medical Center, Galesburg.

He was born Dec. 3, 1912, in Grangeville, Idaho, the son of Clyde E. and Rosa Heinmeister Moffitt.

He married Gertrude Johnson on July 3, 1941, in Biggsville.

Surviving are his wife; a son, Donald (and Carolyn) Moffitt, Gilson; a brother, Emery Moffitt, Reno, Nev.; a sister, Rosalie (and Andy) Melvin, Oquawka; three grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents, three sisters, a brother and a son, James Russell Moffitt.

He was raised and educated in Biggsville and graduated from Biggsville High School.

He drove a livestock truck in Biggsville and farmed in Henderson and Warren counties. He moved to Knox County in 1947 and lived near Gilson for 43 years. He also ran a bulldozing business for 10 years.

He was a member of Knoxville United Methodist Church, the Knox County Farm Bureau, the Western Illinois Antique Car Club and the Spoon River Antique Tractor Club. He was an honorary chapter farmer of Knoxville Future Farmers of America.

Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday in Knoxville United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Mary Vick Roth officiating. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at Hurd-Hendricks Funeral Home, Knoxville. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery, Galesburg.

Memorials may be made to his church or the Knoxville Fire Protection District.
    Please join me in offering our dear, dear friend your heartfelt condolences. I received a Christmas card from Don just last week and in it, he stated that his father's health had been a concern this year, but they celebrated his 91st birthday with sub sandwiches and Diary Queen cake.
    If you would like to send him an email, please do so at moffitt@grics.net or you can send a card to: Don Moffitt, P.O. Box 94, Knoxville, IL 61448.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

Yesterday, I attended the funeral of Don Moffitt's father, Russell, with my good friend, Tyke Jordan.
    It was a celebration of Russell's life. There was a lot of laughs and a lot of tears, but it was a very upbeat ceremony. Don and his children, Londa, Amanda and Justin expressed their thoughts of their father and grandfather.
    As a tribute to Russell's love of candy orange slices, they were handing them out as we left the church.
    After the interment, we returned to the church for lunch.
    It was very clear to me that this family had a very deep love, admiration and respect for Russell.
    As a sidebar, Don's wife, Carolyn lost HER father the night before.
    I am continually left feeling a little inadequate by this family's humility.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

As a sidebar, Don's wife, Carolyn lost HER father the night before.
    When it rains it pours
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information