GFDSlappyRob
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Geneva's Recent Fires

December has been a really busy month for us!!! The first one was the worst of em' all. I have pics, but I can't post em' because the fire hasn't been cleared by the investigators. We had two more, but didn't make the paper. Any one else gotten any rippin' fires?

http://dailyherald.com/community/zon...97016&zone=nau

http://www.dailyherald.com/community...98354&zone=gen

Forum Member

IN NOVEMBER SALT RIVER DID NOT HAVE ALOT OF FIRES BUT ALOT OF DEATHS, MVA'S, AND EMS. THE ONE MVA I RECALL RIGHT NOW IS THE ONE ON PIMA AND INDIAN SCHOOL RD. A 3 MOUTH OLD CHILD WAS CRUSHED BY A SUV. IT WAS REALLY SAD.

CAPT. R. LOPEZ JR.
    SALT RIVER FIRE DEPT.
    "SERVING TODAY TO PROTECT YOUR TOMORROW"

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

The only ripper we had this year had a bit of assistance from a vollie at a neighboring department. I hope the law has no mercy on him.

All the other workers we had weren't rippers, because when you're good, you don't let them get that way in the first place!!!
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

GFDSlappyRob
    Firehouse.com Guest

Good point, but our ripper was at 4:45am and the fire had been burning since about 4:30am. The only reason the fire was discovered was the the lady that lived there woke up to use the bath room and walked into a burning hallway, kitchen, living room, mud porch/laundry room. All 4 of those rooms were fully envolved. The fire completely gutted the attic through out the whole house. I have pics and will post them ASAP. And the catch about this fire was that there were five people living in it at the time and that is was small ranch type house. Beleive it or not the house was practically fully envovled and nobody suffered smoke inhalation or anything.

Forum Member

Here is some posted by WSFireBuff in the Fire Wire section.

12/30 4967 Bridgton Place Reported residental house fire on cities south side. Companies arrived to find a 1 story structure w/ Heavy smoke showing. 1st due Engine reported a working kitchen fire extending to another room. 3 Engines,1 Truck,Air Resource, and 2 Battalion Chiefs. 1st alarm E-16,5,T-2, and Batt-2. 2nd alarm E-6, Air resource -1 and Batt-1
    12/31 229 Patriot Ct. This is ajaicent to the city limits. Mutal aid from Truck Company 2 to assist vol companies. Also mutal aid from the Town of Kernersville E-44. Crews arrived to find 1 story brick ranch w/ heavy smoke and flames venting from multiple windows. All occupants were out of the structure. 2 lines were initially pulled and a addiditional for back-up Call came in at 0200hrs and crews returned to quarters at0530. E-26,T-2,E-44,Sta-29 and FCFD trk 109.
    1st Working fire of 2004!! 2621 Atwood Rd Called in to 911 center @2208 hrs. Companies arrived to find 1 story brick rancher w/ Flames showing from garage of structure. 1st due reported heavy smoke in the distance from their quarters. Engine comapnies advanced 2 attack lines and Truck company ventilated and searched structure, All searches were neg. 1st alarm- E-2,10,T-4 and Batt-1
    Last edited by explr985; 01-06-2004 at 11:55 AM.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

Posted by WSFireBuff in the Fire Wire section
    Bethabara Rd 2 story wood frame apt heavy fire showing on arrival. Crews nmade an aggresive interior attack and damage was held to apt of origin. E-14,E-08,T-03 B-03. Additional Engine (E-15) and Air Resource 1.

2 story wood frame vacant house. At approx 2:30AM Companies were dispatched to Lara Wall Blvd. Additional calls from 911 center gave companies good heads up. 1st due Engine reported 10-BAKER (WS call sign for Working Fire.) Battalion Chief requested 2nd alarm. Initial reports of possible homeless people inside, later found to be misleading info. Intial attacks were attempted but BC's backed companies out due to heavy involvement. (Note from author; Crews were making good headway and had 85% knockdown) Large streams were initiated from a defensive position until wee hrs of the morning. 1st alarm: E-04,E-01,T-01,B-02, 2nd alarm E-12,E-15,B-01,B-03 and Air Resource 1.

Brownsboro Rd 2 story garden apts electrical fire in common attic area. Heavy fire conditions in the attic area. Unknown on damages Companies on scene for extended period of time. E-14,E-08,T-03,B-03 2nd alarm was E-15,E-09,T-01,B-01 and Air Resource 1.

Wake Forwest University. Fire in lab area with Hazardous Materials. 1st due companies made a quick knockdown and backed out until HAZMAT arrival. E-08,E-18,T-03,B-01 2nd alarm E-14,E-03,T-01,BC-3,BC-02, HAZMAT-1 and Disrict Chief 7 and HAZMAT 2 on standby
    Last edited by explr985; 01-06-2004 at 11:56 AM.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Thread Information