Default Sponsored Fire Apparatus

Just wondering if anyone knows of any fire apparatus that has been sponsored by private companies and if so what is the process. We are looking at trying to purchase a heavy rescue and need financial help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Have heard of it before. There is a local station from Washington St. that has done it before. If I can find thier web page I'll post it. Also a past issue of FH had a Jack Daniels truck in it think it was sponsored.

Check with local car dealers, thats how we got our rescue equipment.

MembersZone Subscriber

MembersZone Subscriber

The JD rig is owned by JD and used by the fire bragade.
    Not too long ago the news ran a story about a PD that was sponsered. I think it is a bit lame.
    Basically if you have a big company in your town, you can ask for donations or the entire rig. Expect that they will want some public recognition. If you can live with a big Pepsi logo on the side of it, I guess it could be argued that the end justifies the means.
    Another thing to consider is that the company may expect a favor from you in the future. In an extreme case it could be a favor relating to fire inspections. I don't know if you want to put yourself in that position.

A better idea would be to have some fundraisers and a drive to raise the money. That way no one company is responsible for the purchase.

Early Adopter

Originally posted by Captain5505
    Try this www.governmentacquisitions.com
    Actually, I wouldn't.

An article ran in a local paper not long ago how very few (if any) public safety agencies have been able to get vehicles through that company.

Forum Member

Im confused, do mean sponserd in like ad's on a city bus? Or sponserd in like when you get the truck you publicly thank the contributors?

If its the first remeber what George Washington said "Beware of entangleing alliances."
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

Matthew Good once wrote a song about how we will all wake up one morning and there will be 'Advertising On Police Cars'
    A'int No Rocket Scientist's in The Firehall

Thread Information