MembersZone Subscriber

Default Coincidence? Yeah, right.

While we were all watching Saddam get his dental exam Pres. Bush signed into law new snooping powers for the FBI. You can read about it here http://www.sacurrent.com/site/news.c...d=484045&rfi=8

If these powers are so important to the "War on Terror" why wait to sign it on a Saturday after Saddam was caught?
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

Forum Member

J. Edgar Hoover and J. McCarthy would be proud.

Forum Member

No matter what political party is in power, our own personal liberties are stripped away by a morally corrupt and increasingly powerful Federal Government. We are slowly working our way to become like the Roman Empire - long forgotten adn subjects of the government, instead of citizens. Between this, the campaign finance reform act, Supreme court decisions, and other laws I almost can;t vote anymore on the national level.

Usually the bills are decent on their face, but the stupid riders adn ammendments never get looked at, just like the article read.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

So whats the big deal? Any two bit hacker can get into your bank account and you not know it. That is unless you bank with mattress saveings and loan.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals need to be abolished. I think that would do more to combat terrorism than snooping into peoples financial records.

That is basically the Official Court of ACLU Sympathizers that strip most of the basic rights of LEO's to search based on profiles or known terrorists.

Let's see, Stop a suspicious looking Arab on the highway with 200# of C4 explosive in his trunk, headed for a large mall because he is a suspicious looking Arab?

or

Investigate how many times Akhmed withdrew Money at his local 7-11 to buy curry powder for dinner?

I think you will catch more flies with S--t than Honey in this case. Profile them, Deport Them, Close Their Businesses, Search Them..Make them not want to even think about making one false move against this country. These people hate us, they want to see us destroyed and they want to impose thier oppressive religion and customs on us. Stop appeasing to them, Stop trying to be nice to them. It is time for them to go.

Doesn't anyone who complains about these people having their civil liberties taken away remember what happened on September 11th, 2001?
    These people flew planes into buildings and killed over 3000 american citizens! almost 400 of them were FELLOW FIREFIGHTERS AND POLICE OFFICERS! Stop Catering to them!~

MembersZone Subscriber

So whats the big deal? Any two bit hacker can get into your bank account and you not know it. That is unless you bank with mattress saveings and loan.
    Any two bit burglar can break into your house and take whatever they can carry.

Any two bit scumbag can steal your mom/sister/wife's purse and break her arm in the process.

Any two bit explorer can come on these forums and make a fool of himself on a regular basis.

Is it appropriate for the government to participate in these activities just because criminals can?

Jesse, I mean this in the kindest way. Think a little before you post. Implying that it is acceptable because criminals can do it sort of makes my point in a backwards sort of way.
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

Forum Member

They are just looking,not stealing though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Jesse,

I understand what you are saying man. I am a firm believer in doing what it takes to keep Americans safe.

The main people who are worried about this are the "White Collar Criminals" who launder money, Embezzle Money, don't pay taxes or commit crimes such as credit card or insurance crimes and labor leaders who are notorious for scamming union dues. If you pay your bills, make an honest living and obtain money through legal means...the FBI will be pretty bored looking into your financial records and you will never hear a peep from them.

The opposition to this mainly comes from the Left, who in most cases try to bend laws to accomodate whatever shady lifestyle they might be living. They seem to think laws do not apply to them.

Welcome to the Club of people who make "fools" of themselves when they counterpoint certain posters.

MembersZone Subscriber

They are just looking,not stealing though.
    Let's suppose for a minute that we agree that they should have this access. The way the president went about it is another example of the shroud of secrecy thrown over the white house. It is unprecedented.

If their motives are pure they wouldn't need to hide by doing it on a Saturday when the biggest story of the year is breaking. It was done that way by design.

IACOJ

Forum Member

Duff I agree with you on that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Another conspiracy theory. That would be number 1361 right?

The basic fault in your conspiracy logic rests in your assumption that Pres. Bush is an evil man. I point out two things:

1. This bill passed both houses of congress with little opposition and fanfare. With the plurality margin so slim in both houses, I would contend that if this was not the right thing to do, it would have been fillibustered or killed in committee.

2. The Pres. doesn't do anything on the spur of the moment. Every minute of his day is choreographed. I am sure that this was planned before the blessed event. If it wasn't, I have enough confidence in my government to believe that it was done for a damn good reason.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Duffman
    Let's suppose for a minute that we agree that they should have this access. The way the president went about it is another example of the shroud of secrecy thrown over the white house. It is unprecedented.
    Shroud of secrecy......not if you're someone who can read a paper. I read about this in two different papers and CNN.com on the following Monday. Political....yes, shroud of secrecy, not unless it was signed on a grassy knoll.

If their motives are pure they wouldn't need to hide by doing it on a Saturday when the biggest story of the year is breaking. It was done that way by design.
    I agree with you on this point.

FG
    Last edited by Firegod343; 01-01-2004 at 04:44 PM.
    IACOJ.... "Carpe Elkhartem"
    (Seize the Nozzle)

"Victorious warriors win first,
    and then go to war,
    while defeated warriors go to war first,
    and then seek to win."

SUN TZU

MembersZone Subscriber

The basic fault in your conspiracy logic rests in your assumption that Pres. Bush is an evil man. I point out two things:
    The basic fault in your defense of the actions taken rests in your assumption that I assumed Pres. Bush is an evil man.

I am sure that this was planned before the blessed event. If it wasn't, I have enough confidence in my government to believe that it was done for a damn good reason.
    They had a damn good reason alright. I explained that already.

They are using the fear created by 9/11 to their political advantage. I personally am tired of having my intelligence insulted by administration officials and pundits telling me that Iraq was part of the "war on terror". The war on terror is in danger of being lost.

The taliban is by all accounts regrouping. UBL is somewhere in Pakistan. The Pakastani president is in danger of losing power to islamic fundamentalists friendly to Al Queada.

You tell me where the real threat lies.

IACOJ

Forum Member

Hmmmm UBL on the loose,getting a foothold in Pakistan, Pakistan has nuclear weapons---------

Thread Information