Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Husband Allegedly Kills Wife During Sex

POSTED: 2:52 PM EST January 2, 2004
    UPDATED: 5:20 PM EST January 2, 2004

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A 34-year-old man was charged Friday with manslaughter after police accused him of killing his wife during a sex act.

Joseph Micale of Syracuse pleaded not guilty in Syracuse City Court to second-degree manslaughter and was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond. He was scheduled to return to court Wednesday.

Micale called police to his northside apartment Tuesday and told them that he and his wife, Maureen, had had a fight and when he returned home he found that she had hung herself, said Sgt. Tom Connellan, a police spokesman.

An autopsy determined Maureen Micale, 37, died of asphyxiation. However, investigators said the evidence at the scene was not consistent with the suicide report, Connellan said.

Investigators said Micale admitted he and his wife were having sex when he allegedly grabbed a telephone cord, wrapped it around her neck and strangled her to enhance their lovemaking.

The manslaughter charge does not accuse Micale of intentionally killing his wife but that her death was the result of his reckless actions, Connellan said.

The case will be presented to a grand jury, which could bring additional charges against Micale for falsely reporting a suicide and tampering with evidence, he said.
    Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

I dunno about the rest of you but I find BREATHING enhances certain aspects of my sex life, aka the "climax". I can't imagine having my O2 supply cut off........ I do believe I would "lose" my concentration and not be focused on the right thing

I've never understood this practice and sadly this isn't the first time someone has died from this and I'm certain it won't be the last. Perhaps billboards promoting "safer sex" ..... BEFORE YOU GO ALONG WITH YOUR KINK ............. THINK

*shaking my head*
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

This is about as good as the guy that was featured on 60 Minutes a while back. He claimed he was sleepwalking and threw his wife out od the bedroom window and killed her.

I will never understand how people thing making up a story in a panic will cover their tracks. This woman is not the first to die during asphyxiation while having sex. Usually it is someone performing "self gratification" who messes up and kills themself.

My guess is they had done this before. This time things went a little too far.

While I agree with Pfire, this activity is not all that uncommon.
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

I agree with PFIRE ...... and Duffman... Hey PFIRE....maybe you can market you advertising idea and get some national recognition!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Just goes to show you, not all the sick folks are in hospitals.

Ever heard the saying, sometimes you don't know if you're coming or going, because you are so busy?

I'm with PFire on this one... the idea of having my wife cut off my circulation durring the event would not "enhance" anything. Besides... the way I get into it.... I'm lucky I don't hyper ventilate as it is. I could probably smoke a 30 minute air bottle in a couple of minutes... LOL
    http://www.sanantoniofire.org

IACOJ
    Got Crust?

We lucky few, ... we band of brothers

Temporarily/No Longer Active Cellblock776's Avatar

Whew...and I thought the burns on my chest from the candle wax was bad. The blisters eventually heal but death is forever. Count me out.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can see it now, all western Canada covered with posters of Pfire and her motto, "Think before you kink!!!!"

followed by, "There's no such thing as 'well hung'."

Hmmmm - before I get carried away, I'll go feed the dogs, get into uniform, & head off to work.
    Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Thread Information