Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Nashville Fire

  1. #21
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5

    Question

    SgtScott

    I tried to send you a PM and I got an error message this is what it said,"SgtScott31 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her". I will try to send one to you again, but I think you have to edit under your profile options to accept private messages. But thanks for the info. I checked out the public safety page on the Nashville International Airport website and you guys have a very unique department. Just curious as to what the requirements are to get on?

    Thanks


  2. #22
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hey Sgt. Scott

    Thanks for the quick reply and the info I really appreciate it. I looked at the Nashville International Airport Public Safety web page and you guys do some high speed stuff and have a very unique department. So how does it work out with your officers schedule and do you rotate between patrol and working on the crash truck? Also what are the requirements for your department? Just looking for some info with departments in the middle Tennessee area and what their requirements are, so I can know what to expect after I separate from active duty. Thanks again for taking the time to read this and giving me some info. I tried to send you a PM several times and kept getting an error message that you couldnít receive a PM. If you could try to send me a PM I would appreciate, so I can give you my email address.

    Jason

  3. #23
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Nashville Fire is accepting Fire Recruit applications starting March 19 to April 13 ,online application submittal only. Applications recieved prior to March 19 or after April 13 not accepted.

    www.nashville.gov

  4. #24
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    44

    Default Nashville Paramedics

    Hey all,

    Just seeing if anyone has heard anything or been called that is on the current Paramedic list. Rumor is they are looking to hire in June or July when the new fiscal year starts. I did not know if anyone could confirm or deny this rumor. Also I was told that the tests were scored. I was wondering if the test/resumes/applications are out of 100 and how much this has to do with moving on in the process.

    thanks all
    Last edited by medicff32; 03-06-2007 at 11:52 PM.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
    Ė Franklin D. Roosevelt

    "What ever you do in life do it with passion and enthusiasm and you will always be a winner." Steve Irwin

    Greg

  5. #25
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFMEDIC View Post
    Hey Sgt. Scott

    Thanks for the quick reply and the info I really appreciate it. I looked at the Nashville International Airport Public Safety web page and you guys do some high speed stuff and have a very unique department. So how does it work out with your officers schedule and do you rotate between patrol and working on the crash truck? Also what are the requirements for your department? Just looking for some info with departments in the middle Tennessee area and what their requirements are, so I can know what to expect after I separate from active duty. Thanks again for taking the time to read this and giving me some info. I tried to send you a PM several times and kept getting an error message that you couldnít receive a PM. If you could try to send me a PM I would appreciate, so I can give you my email address.

    Jason

    Sorry I haven't responded. I wasn't aware that I couldn't receive PM's on the firehouse forums. I am also on officer.com forums quite a bit if you want to catch me there. Our minimum requirements to be eligible are either 60 hrs of college OR an EMT license. You can have either one. Our schedules are 8 hr 5 day work weeks. Out of 5 days, normally 1 is working fire and the other 4 are working law enforcement. Some weeks you may get two firehall days. While in the firehall you wear a different uniform and assigned to 1 of 5 trucks. Normally the bigger 1500gal or 3000gal crash trucks. If we have enough personnel, then maybe the smaller response vehicles. Go to the website right now. I think we're taking applications for another few days. You can PM me at the officer.com forums if you have further questions.

  6. #26
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicff32 View Post
    Hey all,

    Just seeing if anyone has heard anything or been called that is on the current Paramedic list. Rumor is they are looking to hire in June or July when the new fiscal year starts. I did not know if anyone could confirm or deny this rumor. Also I was told that the tests were scored. I was wondering if the test/resumes/applications are out of 100 and how much this has to do with moving on in the process.

    thanks all
    I have also heard that they're not hiring until the next fiscal year (which is after June 07). Not heard anything else since then.

  7. #27
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    35

    Default

    March 14th was budget hearings. Chief ask for 48 Paramedics.

    www.nashville.gov

  8. #28
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    80

    Question

    I'm a FF/EMT-P in another 'large' metro city in Tennessee and I'm looking into applying with Nashville (personal and family relocation having to do partly with it). I know they are accepting applications for the pos. of FIRE RECRUIT. I'm assuming that they will get a number of Paramedics from other departments applying (such as myself). That being said, what will they do with the FIRE RECRUITS that are Paramedics? Will they be assigned to an ALS engine/truck or sent to ride an ambulance? Assigned Fire Division? Assigned EMS Division? Any ideas from the ones within...?

  9. #29
    MembersZone Subscriber WJVaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dickson TN
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Nashville is really pushing the ALS engine concept right now it seems. I do know that a local news station was riping them last week about the lack of EMS units on the road for a city that size so the emphasis might change soon.

  10. #30
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I just applied to nashville fire. I have 4 years with a dept. and i am a medic, and I have a couple questions hopefully someone can answer. 1 is the fire and ems seperate or do they make the guys go between both. 2 do you get any credit for having experience? thanks hope someone can help.
    mike

  11. #31
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Scroll down for replies


    Quote Originally Posted by tpafire5 View Post
    I just applied to nashville fire. I have 4 years with a dept. and i am a medic, and I have a couple questions hopefully someone can answer. 1 is the fire and ems seperate or do they make the guys go between both. 2 do you get any credit for having experience? thanks hope someone can help.
    mike
    1. They are seperate Divisions. You do not move between the two.
    2. As far as I know, you don't get any credit for experience.


    Johnathan says: "I'm a FF/EMT-P in another 'large' metro city in Tennessee and I'm looking into applying with Nashville (personal and family relocation having to do partly with it). I know they are accepting applications for the pos. of FIRE RECRUIT. I'm assuming that they will get a number of Paramedics from other departments applying (such as myself). That being said, what will they do with the FIRE RECRUITS that are Paramedics? Will they be assigned to an ALS engine/truck or sent to ride an ambulance? Assigned Fire Division? Assigned EMS Division? Any ideas from the ones within...?"

    From what I remember,You can either apply for Fire Recruit or for EMS division. Fire recruit apps are accepted for a couple more weeks, while I believe the EMS div. apps is always open for acceptance. As far as being a medic on the Fire/Ems div, you'll be placed where they need you. Whether that is on an ALS engine or not, is their decision. THere are medics that are assigned to BLS engines.

  12. #32
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9

    Default CPAT and written test

    i just got an e-mail today about doing my CPAT and written test for the nashville fire department in may. anyone else get an e-mail?

  13. #33
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tennisblazer2 View Post
    i just got an e-mail today about doing my CPAT and written test for the nashville fire department in may. anyone else get an e-mail?
    April 24th.

  14. #34
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanj003 View Post
    April 24th.
    you got an e-mail today also? awesome...do you know how the testing takes place? written first, then CPAT or opposite? is their tests pretty much like everyone elses test? i dont really understand their hiring process, maybe you could explain it to me. thanks

  15. #35
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7

    Default

    i received an email also, may 21 is my test date. I'm just not sure if its for both pat and written.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts