Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Powerpoint files for training

Can anyone help me and my fellow firefighters.We are in need of power point training files for fire and ems training.I have been elected to the training officer position at our department which is in a farm community and we have little or no money to purchase the files but I would like to recieve some if anyone has any to share.The majority of our members have very little or no experience to speak of and I want to be shure that they are trained as the best they can be.It would be greatly appreciated by myself as well as the others on my department.
    Thanks,
    Chris

If i was you. I would look around the net for grants. Im pretty sure there are plenty of them out there just for hte purpose of buying training material. Also, talk to some of the neighborging fire departments. See if they wouldnt mind you joining in on some of there training. What you are asking for is just a lil illegal. Unless you can find some instructors on here that have created there own powerpoint presentations. Which is highly doubtfull but possible. Also, talk to your older members and to anyone that is certified to be an instructor. You dont have to have powerpoint to instruct. Some of the best training I have ever recieved didnt come out of a book or off the computer screen.

Forum Member

Have you checked with your State Fire Marshal's Office?

They may have some in their library or know of some sources for training materials.

Stay Safe

IACOJ

Default training

If your looking for EMS stuff. www.foops.org has many, many Power Point files that you can download for free.

MembersZone Subscriber

Go to the US Fire Admin website @ www.usfa.fema.gov. Look under training resources for TRADE. You will have to sign up for it, but there is no cost. There are hundreds of training programs you can download for free. They are in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Publisher and Zipfiles. I learned about the site in a "Training Operations for Small Departments" class I took @ the National Fire Academy during their Tennessee Weekend. Departments from across the country send in presentaions they have made as well as SOPs/SOGs, and other info. It is an excellant site, especialy if your department can't afford to by expensive training materials. There is also a forum, and if you are looking for a certain topic and cannot find it, maybe someone can help. They send out an email newsletter every couple of weeks.

Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Powerpoint Training

Check out :

Fire-rescuevillage.com
    and
    emsvillage.com

good site to share information and training files

Kevin

Forum Member

Originally posted by Scratchy635
    What you are asking for is just a lil illegal.

It's not illegal to trade powerpoint file for training. A good place to find powerpoint files is www.Fire-rescuevillage.com the US Fire Admin website is also a good place to get training material. You can create your own from the material here in the training section on Firehouse.com. Also check with some of your fire fighter associations or some neighboring departments or even do a googles search and you may find what your looking for. We get alot from neighboring departments so we all train the same way for mutual-aid reasons. We also work close and train with other departments in the county

Forum Member

KEEPERTN
    I have signed up for TRADE through the FEMA site. Where do I find the powerpoint files that are available?

MembersZone Subscriber

wvfd02,

They will send you an e-mail with the link. It may take a couple of days, but they will send it. After opening the link, you will see a box on the left. It will have CD1 through CD9 in it. Click one of the CD links and it will open the folder for that CD. Each CD contains training topics in Powerpoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Publisher, and other formats.

Good luck!

Thread Information