Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: smoke houses

Forum Member

Default smoke houses

does you dept. own a fire safety house?

we got one in 1996, it was paid for by donations. the kids really love it. you set up all kinds of hazzards and tell them to figure out what is wrong. then when they find all of them in the different rooms you can fill it up with fake smoke.

you can see ours at www.htfd.com then click on the link for appuratus.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Cool

Moose,

Sadly our department does not own a smoke house. I don't forsee us having the funds to have one this year or the next year however I am going to work on that. I have been to a few of the smoke houses in our area and they are worth the investment!!!!!!!

Eugene Tucker
    Fire Prevention Officer
    Citizens Hose Company No 1 Inc
    Smyrna, DE

Forum Member

the kids that come through our house learn and have fun at the same time. lots of them love it when the house fills up with smoke, sometimes you can't see your hand in front of your face.

if you don't have the funds hold a fund raiser in the community. have a good presentation ready and know what you are talking about when you are holding the fund raiser. i do belive this is how we got ours. make the community aware of how many children die each year in fires beacuse they did not know alot about fire safety. the community will be glad to donate money to help make the children fire safety aware. alot of parents come through our smokehouse with their kids and they learn alot of stuff too.

our nehiboring deparment is holding a fund raiser to purchase a smokehouse too. they had the presentation set up at their open house, with the rubber boot on the table to collect donations. that would be a great time to hold a fund raiser.

just my thoughts. hope you do get one soon beacuse it is a real big help.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

We had a smokehouse. It was bought years ago (I remember crawling through it when the FD came to my kindergarten class) and was owned / operated jointly with several of the departments in the area. About a year ago it was sold because there werenít enough people volunteering to run it.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! Nothing like taking a step backwards in fire prevention.

Forum Member

Originally posted by ffexpCP

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! Nothing like taking a step backwards in fire prevention.

that is a sad sad ting to hear. that was a really bad move. nothing sticks in the kids head unless they can see how it really is.

Thread Information