Thread: Drager SCBA

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Drager SCBA

Is Drager SCBA used down under? If so can anyone provide assistance to me such as is the product durable? Does the company really stand behind its product? Info like that would be helpful.
    Thank you

FIGJAM

Hi Pizan- yes Drager is available and widely used in Australia.

The two industrial departments I look after have a combined total of 26 sets. The MMFESB in Victoria also widely use the Drager's.

Drager's head office is located in Glen Waverly, Victoria.

Let me know if you want further contact details.

The service and support has been excellant thus far....
    Luke

MembersZone Subscriber

In New Zealand (specifically Auckland) we use mainly the Sabre Centurion sets and some Drager P112 sets mainly for replacement for the Sabre sets if they are out for maintenance.
    There are also a few Drager PA94 plus sets in use and for many years we had available the BG 174 closed circuit Oxygen sets for long duration use.
    It is generally thought here that the Sabre is the superior Comprerssed Air Breathing apparatus in terms of comfort and ability to withstand rugged use without damage.
    We now have some of the Sabre Contour 500 sets in twin cylinder configuration to use for extended duration now the 02 sets have been withdrawn.
    I am concious that in any organisation an entheusiasm for one brand against another will colour how the members of that organisation feel about any equipment. The best possible result will come if you are able to allow respected and experienced members of your Brigade to trial a number of alternatives for a reasonable amount of time and base your selection on their choice if supply, cost and servicing considerations are all within the ball park.

FIGJAM

Gotta agree with Jim.

Whilst we are using the Drager's, (Not my choice) I love the Sabre's.

Very comfortable to wear and got some great configurations available.
    Luke

MembersZone Subscriber

For what it's worth, having used a wide variety of models over the years, here is my list of preferences

Scott 4.5 - can't break 'em, comfortable, simple to use
    Sabre Centurion - nice and comfortable
    Drager P100 - super comfy and mask will fit just about anyone

Ones that I haven't liked
    Auer/MSA - rubber mask was very uncomfortable and didn't feel secure
    ISI - felt very fragile
    Survivair - felt like a toy
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Forum Member

Well joining this thread, here goes, MSA/AUER BD88AS with 300bar/4500psi carbon fibre cylinders as used by my career fire service, great set, comfortable backplate but as PSFB says the mask lets it down a little. SABRE CENTURION with 207 bar/3000psi aluminum cylinders, as used by myself in current and previous vollie fire brigades, also Air Force, nice mask, easy to use, but backplate is very uncomfortable. DRAEGER P80/P84, a nice set, back plate is much better than Sabre, mask about same as MSA. SIEBE GORMAN FIREFIGHTER (PP), an older negative pressure set, converted to positive pressure, well it works OK, but there is better out there. DRAEGER A100, a negative pressure set about which the less said the better, now totally obsolete. - Peter.

Thread Information