Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Wtc News

Forum Member

The "civilian" courts are quite capable of handing out justice. Believe me he's not going to walk. A protezoa will be elected President of the United States before that happens. Life in Supermax Colorado or in a miliary prison is still life.
    i know people did not want him to step foot on US soil. There will be a media circus there ( Tim Mcveigh trial) .
    Either way, he is guilty, will be found guilty and hopefully will be executed. It does not matter where he is, heck, try him in the Haige.
    The only difference is the military tribunal is not open to the public.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1nvestigations View Post
    The only difference is the military tribunal is not open to the public.
    That's what bothers me. Justice should not only be transparent, it should be seen to be transparent. A closed military court is not transparent, nor does it pretend to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 105 View Post
    That's what bothers me. Justice should not only be transparent, it should be seen to be transparent. A closed military court is not transparent, nor does it pretend to be.
    That really bothers you? Are you afraid this scum will be railroaded?

Give me a break.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    He is a foreign terrorist, captured overseas, wanted for committing acts of war against this country.... for starters.

He was not arrested by a police officer, read his Miranda rights, and in general... not treated as a civilian criminal.

Quite honestly, our courts are not set up for this sort of thing. A military tribunal is.
    Richard Reid and Jose Padilla were both tried and convicted in civilian court.

Both are serving long terms in a SuperMax prison.

There was no reason this trial could have been done in a civilian court. The rhetoric is strictly political.....and ridiculous.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

That really bothers you? Are you afraid this scum will be railroaded?

Give me a break.
    Right. F*ck the trial - we should just throw people in jail without due process. What could possibly go wrong?

Quit confusing defense of the justice system, and a desire to ensure it works properly for *everyone* with defense of the accused. If he's guilty, throw him away - but let's ensure we follow the damned process in the meantime, ok?

And if that bothers you, I'm sure there are plenty of wonderful countries you could move to that have no use for due process of law.

Right. F*ck the trial - we should just throw people in jail without due process. What could possibly go wrong?

Quit confusing defense of the justice system, and a desire to ensure it works properly for *everyone* with defense of the accused. If he's guilty, throw him away - but let's ensure we follow the damned process in the meantime, ok?

And if that bothers you, I'm sure there are plenty of wonderful countries you could move to that have no use for due process of law.
    No need, our country finally got it right. He's not a citizen, he was not arrested in the US. Why would this even be considered for a civilian court?

So, in your emotional post, it seems you don't have any specific worries about this case... just throwing out unrelated "what ifs", right?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

No need, our country finally got it right. He's not a citizen, he was not arrested in the US. Why would this even be considered for a civilian court?

So, in your emotional post, it seems you don't have any specific worries about this case... just throwing out unrelated "what ifs", right?
    Emotional post? Logical defense of due process is emotional now?

Admit it - you just need a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Richard Reid and Jose Padilla were both tried and convicted in civilian court.

Both are serving long terms in a SuperMax prison.

There was no reason this trial could have been done in a civilian court. The rhetoric is strictly political.....and ridiculous.
    Reid and Padilla were arrested on US Soil and Padilla is a US citizen.

There is no reason to try this scumbag in the civilian courts. None.

Forum Member

Do think this is a civil matter or some sort of incidental criminal matter? Check again with the Brother's and Sister's in our military you might find out it is war not even a criminal matter. You sure act like it. That word you used "Closure"? I haven't forgotten and there is no such thing as "Closure" Lt Ahearn Batt 13 Lost 9-11-01 Never forgotten. Stand behind your comment about it's all emotional? I will refrain from what I think about you. But if you were schooled as a real fireman. That emotional OMG thingy you speak of is and what saved lots of people's lives and plenty of Brother's and Sister's something apparently you know nothing about..You little n/m..... Closure? I am glad to hear you need to give them a nice cute fair trial so you can get your Closure..

FTM PTB RFB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeman4 View Post
    Do think this is a civil matter or some sort of incidental criminal matter? Check again with the Brother's and Sister's in our military you might find out it is war not even a criminal matter. You sure act like it. That word you used "Closure"? I haven't forgotten and there is no such thing as "Closure" Lt Ahearn Batt 13 Lost 9-11-01 Never forgotten. Stand behind your comment about it's all emotional? I will refrain from what I think about you. But if you were schooled as a real fireman. That emotional OMG thingy you speak of is and what saved lots of people's lives and plenty of Brother's and Sister's something apparently you know nothing about..You little n/m..... Closure? I am glad to hear you need to give them a nice cute fair trial so you can get your Closure..

FTM PTB RFB
    May wanna hit up EMS - think you possibly blew an artery with that rant.

And you just nailed on the head why the justice system is supposed to be unemotional - there is no way in hell anyone could ever get a fair trial under any system if those most closely impacted by the event were allowed to judge the accused.

Whether this is a civil trial or military tribunal (as ChiefKN noted, it appears it is perfectly legal in the US judicial system) the accused deserves a fair trial. Now, in this case, it may be a moot point if he is ready to plead guilty. But that doesn't mean we should skip the "cute fair trial" process. Sorry if that bothers you somehow - but lynchings kinda suck, even if they make people impacted by the event feel good for a little while.

Forum Member

May wanna hit up EMS - think you possibly blew an artery with that rant.

And you just nailed on the head why the justice system is supposed to be unemotional - there is no way in hell anyone could ever get a fair trial under any system if those most closely impacted by the event were allowed to judge the accused.

Whether this is a civil trial or military tribunal (as ChiefKN noted, it appears it is perfectly legal in the US judicial system) the accused deserves a fair trial. Now, in this case, it may be a moot point if he is ready to plead guilty. But that doesn't mean we should skip the "cute fair trial" process. Sorry if that bothers you somehow - but lynchings kinda suck, even if they make people impacted by the event feel good for a little while.
    I expected nothing less from you and thanks for the laugh while I hold direct pressure on my arterial bleed and massage my "feel good for a while" feeling. lol...I prefer to look at it as is one down and more to go. But I would find it hard to live with myself to confuse you with my way of thinking. Knowing it would be difficult for someone of your experience and vast knowledge to understand, and would hate to exceed your limited capacity.
    FTM PTB RFB
    Only a guess here but a lynching only sucks when your at the end of the rope.?
    You might better serve this great country as a politician then the possibly of you being the fireman you claim to be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeman4 View Post
    I expected nothing less from you and thanks for the laugh while I hold direct pressure on my arterial bleed and massage my "feel good for a while" feeling. lol...I prefer to look at it as is one down and more to go. But I would find it hard to live with myself to confuse you with my way of thinking. Knowing it would be difficult for someone of your experience and vast knowledge to understand, and would hate to exceed your limited capacity.
    FTM PTB RFB
    Only a guess here but a lynching only sucks when your at the end of the rope.?
    You might better serve this great country as a politician then the possibly of you being the fireman you claim to be.
    Muddled logic, run on sentences, appeals to emotion, and ad hominem attacks are no way to go through life, son.

Forum Member

Yeah what 105 said
    FTM PTB RFB

Default Medical examiner: 9/11 remains ID'd

May 12, 2011 -- Almost 10 years later, the remains of another victim of the Sept. 11, 2001, attack have been identified, the city's office of the chief medical examiner said Thursday. The victim was identified as a 32-year-old white man. His name was not released at his family's request. Despite the lapse of time, the quest to identify victims remains a priority, spokeswoman Grace Brugess said."Dr. [Charles] Hirsch promised the families we would never give up and we haven't stopped," Brugess said. Hirsch is chief medical examiner. So far, 59 percent of victims -- or 1,630 -- have been identified, the medical examiner's office said. Before Thursday's identification, the most recent IDs were made of two victims in December 2009, Brugess said. The medical examiner's office said the latest identification was made by retesting samples. Since January 2006, 6,314 bone samples have been selected for DNA retesting and an additional 1,843 samples have been recovered, also requiring DNA testing. So far, 1,722 of those remains have been linked to known victims. The rest are in various stages of testing, the office said.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

Colossal undertaking and reassuring to see Hirsch stick by his word.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Awesome story E40FDNYL35, nice to know they still care.

Forum Member

I agree..

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Thanks ^^^^
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

I just watched a video featuring NYPD ESU Captain Barry Galfano. The manner in which those who survived and served at the Pile after the World Trade Center attacks are treated is a national disgrace. 9-11-2001 is still killing firefighters, police officers and others. Wake up America.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Thread Information