+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

ppppppppppppppffffffffffffffftttttttttttttt cat fight!

That was a low blow Joshie hehehehe guaranteed to get his blood pressure up LMFAO
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

OK whose in Charge of Border Patrol???????Because whoever you are ....YOUR FIRED!!!!!!! Darn WOT'S......I thought that we sprayed in here

I talked to a guy from one of the local depts and they have a pump heater.....guess it work like a diesel block heater???
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Have you guys had any luck straightening that out yet?

IAFF Local 3900

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

FINE I'LL GO TAKE A SHOWER!!!

hmppppppppffffffffff

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Sherri...I was Joking !!!!! Your welcome to Border jump anytime. you should come down...probably feel just like home. It was -8 Degrees when I got to work this morning.

IAFF Local 3900

Forum Member

*sticks her nose in the air queenie like*

hmmmmmmpfffff

OK I'll consider forgiving you.

Joshie invited all the Boyzzzzzzzzz from Illinoizzzzzzzz are they the only ones that are welcome here?

and I invite you all with a WARM buckeye welcome to visit our thread as it appears that FF7134 is trying to do some forum CPR on it .........

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ff7134
    So what Special Procedures if any are people doing since we have this lovely weather lately??? Does anyone have pump heaters or stuff of that nature on their trucks.
    If our engines go out and the pump isn't being used (such as at an MVA or an EMS call) the pumps are circulated to keep the water moving.

We also keep the caps off all discharges to prevent them from getting frozen on.

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh and we never, ever, ever take any of our apparatus to the Ford dealer in "downtown" Oregon. That's a sure way to get a frozen pump!

Ding!

MembersZone Subscriber

Sherri,

You are welcome anytime you want to stop in. Maybe you never heard...Ohio the Heart of it All .

IAFF Local 3900

MembersZone Subscriber

Moe,

I never thought about keeping the caps off. I know that we use to keep the discharge drains open. Not any more !!! We just keep the circulation going.

One of our neighbors froze a pump Tuesday on a smoking chimey call. pump full of water but not circualting.

IAFF Local 3900

Forum Member

Actually no Jeff, I hadn't heard that saying before. Ours is "Wild Rose country" or something like that.

It isn't as warm today, but still .... compared to back east it is positively balmy!

I heard on the news last night it was -53 with the windchill in Quebec City yesterday. brrrrrrrrrrr

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Ok I complain when its -10 .....no thanks thats why I stayed out of Canada during the winter.

IAFF Local 3900

Forum Member

well maybe we need to get some of those Illinois rules going in here to help regulate "GREEN"cards ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

*Sher sneaks up behind Joshie, taps him on the shoulder and says "ya gotta catch me first", and runs like hell out of the room.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Guess our First Step is the Ohio Immigration Administration.

Sherri just fill out these 342 Simple Forms(in triplicate) and we will get to processing your paper work within the next year or so.

IAFF Local 3900

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ff7134
    just fill out these 342 Simple Forms(in triplicate) and we will get to processing your paper work within the next year or so.
    Sounds just like the Ohio Division of EMS. They are looking for an Assistant Director, maybe you should apply

MembersZone Subscriber

Nah...I would have that place working like a well oiled machine in 2 months....and we All know how much the State hates that!!!!

IAFF Local 3900

Forum Member

Good Lord, this thread has sprouted!

Well, as for the mini-pumper.......

Insurance does not cover this. Apparently we have some kind of a "no freeze" clause or some crap like that.

Last I heard, the casing was cracked, a valve was cracked and 1 impellar is damaged, along with the 5" stortz adapter off the side. Haven't heard anything else in a few days.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Gee, I'm not even on the list of "old" Ohio members????

Paul
    FF/medic/inspector/fire&EMS instructor
    Several departments in Clermont & Brown counties.

Sheri,
    Are you going to be one of those folks with Canadian license plates clogging I-75 while you head south????

A serious question: what are the experiences folks are having with the Division of EMS lately? Good, bad, or indifferent. At least they're not loosing recerts like they did when Linda Ishler was there.
    Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Forum Member

No Paul, that'd be ma and pa going south for da winter

They head out from Jasper around Thanksgiving (Canadian), usually doing a tour of some sort on their round-about way to Indio (by Palm Springs).

This year they went thru ummmmm I dunno ... east then south then west LMFAO. Ok I looked at the old emails ... first email after leaving Jasper was from Bemidji MN, Bloomington and the Mall of America, Amana Iowa, Hannibal Missouri, Nashville, Pigeon Forge (We have had a good trip so far and just came through the Smoky Mountains where there was still some colour left after a little wind the other night... Did a couple of shows in Pigion Forge, Louise Mandrell one night and a Gosple group called Integrity the next morning........wak'n up to God.....!!! there are more Baptist, Methodist down here than trees in the forest........) , Charleston, Hilton Head, Helloooo...........from Hilton Head, SC. We are playing with the "rich." There is a lot of money in this part of the country........between boats, homes and RV's we are definitely travelling with the big boys......... The restored buildings and Homes are something else to behold. Charleston, Bufort, Savannah are just a few places that one should take a look at. We are off tomorrow to St Agustine, FL and then on to Orlando. Still hope to get to Key West and then start heading back to Indio and our home away from home.

LMFAO @ my dad and his wakin' up to God and playing with the big boys comments, I just had to share their impressions with ya'll!!! They did make it to Key West, then basically just headed west thru Texas and finally to their cement pad at Indio Are those the kinda people you mean?? hehehehe

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Paul,
    Over the last couple of years with them I have had ZERO problems with them or any of my personnel............and I never really asked .......can I call you Pauly ?
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

Forum Member

We've had a few issues with them losing peoples certs and losing records they had for people taking bridge courses....... It was pretty ugly

Forum Member

Default Josh

Greetings from the flatlands of Illinois.
    Thought I would drop in and see what is up over here. With this kind of activity I expected to find free food and beer

Sure is nice to see the WOT (can I say that? It doesn't imply profanity does it) has found the Buckeyes
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Forum Member

Les,
    Grab a seat.............I will certainly get the first round .........and welcome to our littel budding place. Come anytime we will leave the door unlocked.........and oh yeah...........ROFLMAO ! (does that imply profanity)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

Hey B,

I was just thinking, maybe we could give the mini-pumper to the Niles FD, you don't need a pump to watch fires burn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information