Thread: Fire East???

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire East???

Recently, the salesman from Municipal Fire Equipment who sold us our new turnout gear invited us to what he called 'Fire East' (or that's what I thought I heard). It's supposed to be a firefighting trade show in Jacksonville, FL.

This may be a dumb question, but has anyone heard of it and know if it's any good? Have any of you ever been? I plan on attending it so I hope to meet some of you there.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

MembersZone Subscriber

Other than the Firehouse Expo the following is a new show for the east coast.

New Fire Fighters Convention Coming to
    Atlantic City Convention Center in 2004 and 2005
    (Atlantic City, NJ, December 19, 2003) – The Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority (ACCVA) announces that the Atlantic City Convention Center will host the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) East in October of 2004 and 2005. The FDIC East Conference and Expo is a new regional training conference for firefighters in the eastern region of the U.S., where half of the country’s 1.1 million firefighters are concentrated. Sponsored by PennWell Corporation of Tulsa, OK and Fair Lawn, NJ, the conference features a unique training approach that includes two days of HOT training in which firefighters gain experience during a live burn and collapse. It also includes 3 days of classes and exhibits.
    According to Michael Reynolds, director of national sales for the ACCVA, “The FDIC East Convention and Expo presented some unique challenges because of the nature of the live burn training, but we were able to overcome those challenges by working with state officials to gain permission for the live burn. Extensive safety precautions will be taken, and the cooperation and welcome pledged by state, county and local officials will help make this a successful event.”
    -more-
    FDIC Convention, add one
    Anticipated attendance is 6,000 people, who will use 8,000 room nights, with projected delegate spending of $4.8 million. Convention organizers expect attendance to grow in consecutive years. A similar annual conference in Indiana attracts more than 20,000 attendees.
    DKK
    Truck Man
    APFD
    IAFF Local 384:

"Above all, an assignment to a truck company should be considered a promotion."

Chief John W. Mittendorf-1998

Default Re: Fire East???

Originally posted by Firefighter1219
    Recently, the salesman from Municipal Fire Equipment who sold us our new turnout gear invited us to what he called 'Fire East' (or that's what I thought I heard). It's supposed to be a firefighting trade show in Jacksonville, FL.

This may be a dumb question, but has anyone heard of it and know if it's any good? Have any of you ever been? I plan on attending it so I hope to meet some of you there.

I'll be attending Fire East for the first time and have heard from fire departments in GA and FL that this is the biggest and best conference in the Southeast. Follow the link below to get the conference information from the Florida Fire Chief's Association website. Or you might ask on the "US State Forum" on this website to get first hand information.

http://www.ffca.org/fre_index.htm
    Last edited by GovAssets4sale; 01-17-2004 at 05:23 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the information and the link to the site. Lots of information I needed on the site.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

District Chief

The correct name of it is Fire & Rescue East. It has been held every year for over 10 years and for the past several it has been in Jacksonville. It is put on by the Florida Fire Chief's Association in conjunction with all the Manufacturers and dealers in Florida for Fire Apparatus and Equipment. It is similar to all the major trade shows such as Firehouse EXPO, FDIC, ICHIEFs, FDIC West, etc. The only difference is that it is a smaller show. Still offers lots of equipment on display, demonstrations and educational opportunities. My company as well as many others in the state will have booths set up there to display our products.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

And what company would that be? I'll be sure to come and meet you. I promise not to start crap this time though.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

I'm with GovAssets4sale, an Internet marketplace for the sale, exchange and donation of surplus government vehicles and equipment. We're working with the Florida Fire Chief's Association to bring a new resource to fire departments, EMS departments and volunteer departments. At the Fire & Rescue East registration area, ask for information about buying and selling surplus on GovAssets4sale and look for a picture of the new FFCA - GovAssets4sale website, giving the world access to government surplus fire and safety auctions online. It will be launched in the next few weeks.

When you see me, please introduce yourself. I'm Terri, the Customer Service Manager.
    Last edited by GovAssets4sale; 01-18-2004 at 08:39 PM.

Forum Member

I go every year. It is smaller than FDIC but you can get a lot of info. It is very conviniuent for us here in GA.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire rescue east

Not only has F-R East 120,000 sq.ft. of inside exhibits but a lot of exhibits outside. They also have over 130 hours of educational clases, and 108 hours of CEUs. It is a good show. If you see a black shirt with Five Points VFD on it stop and introduce yourself.

Myron Pierce
    Stay Safe ~ The Dragon Still Bites!

Forum Member

Question

So is FDIC East and Fire-Rescue East supposed to be the same thing? Sounds like you guys are talking about 2 different shows.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

My company as well as many others in the state will have booths set up there to display our products.
    What company is that captstanm1?

My chief told me that Saturday is volunteer day and that all volunteers get in free. Can anyone confirm this?
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

Forum Member

I'm going to a an exhibit this Saturday the 24th @ the Nassua Colleseum. I don't know the name of it or anything, one of my friends just asked me to go!...

Anyone know anything about this one?????

That seems to be correct, but you may have to register to get in.

Here's a link to the online registration form. Note the box to check for VFD Day.

https://ffca.org/forms/Reg_Forms/FREregistration04.htm

Thread Information