Thread: Policies

Thumbs down Policies

I can understand the policy to only provide emergency services to those within your jursdiction, but I also think we have a duty to act when we are called to an emergency whether there is an error in dispatch or not.

If these firefighters had been dispatched and they stated that the address was not in their city immediately to the dispatcher so the dispatch could be done correctly right away, then I see less of an issue. The fact that they arrived on the scene and then chose to do nothing is a poor reflection of us as firefighters. We are here to provide a community service and should provide that service to those in need.

I also agree with the earlier posting that not all three trucks needed to be placed into operation on the scene just in case there is a need to respond to an emergency in their own city.

We have mutual aid agreements with all the cities around us. If we are called to another city to assist them and are then called to a emergency in our own city, we will call additional mutual aid from another city to assist in our city.

As emergency workers it is our job to aid when possible. It would not have impacted this department a great deal to even start with one crew out of the three. This is appalling!

Forum Member

Ditto 188 ...........
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information