Question reply to my training

Heres a reply concerning my post.

1.No, I dont have a full time job as I am a stay at home mom with a husband who works out. Yes, all that was done was in 2 years but only because I worked my hind end off.

2. I've worked very hard for what I've got tyvm. I dont need anyone to tell me to get out a bit, I have a full social life and I can happily incorporate both my ff'ing career and my social and family life very well. I didn't know dedication was a such a bad quality, please forgive me. My family comes first, THEN FF'ing.

3. I dont know whats so generous about getting a few tickets in two years. Hard work and dedication does pay off ya know.

I guess since I worked hard and got what I got in two years makes me bad, guess I better reconsider my attitude and work ethic.

CanadianFirefighter

MembersZone Subscriber

No thanks Sherri.....Its just weird weather lately. So have you finally put on some clothes??? Or are you waiting till it gets to -50
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Default I thought...

I thought you were being very diplomatic Chriso,
    But...... I detect, 1CanadianFirefighter taking your
    comment to heart.

Ok...I am going out to make a snow man now...and pass him the
    shovel. Lets hope he qualifies for the position!!!!

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Waiting? Its been pretty flipping close to -50 for the past few days!! I'm just sitting here on the sofa with my feet stretched out on the bottom shelf of the TV stand the computer sits on with a blanket thrown over my lap/legs.

There were four fires yesterday I think that our guys/gals had to fight yesterday in this brutal weather. I really feel for them.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Well done!!!

1canadianFF my last post was a tribute to your dedication. It must be the way I write or I am missing something about Canadian ways of criticism. Congratulations on achieving so much in 2 years.

I really must take advice before posting my next reply.

Chriso

Please accept my appology, I did indeed think you were being sarcastic and see now that you were not. I should of known that the Canadian forums would of been more relaxed then most. Being a female FF as well brings a little more flak then I would like as well as some do not think I should be wearing bunker gear a man should be wearing but to each his own.

Hope everyone is staying warm. As for me, I've been fighting rires in -27 C and have had enough of this white crap, bring on Springgggggggggg.

Lead , Follow, or get the hell outta my way!!!!!!!!!!

CanadianFirefighter

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Sue I dont believe Chriso mean to confuse you with what we term as being "Wry Wit" or is that "dry humor" but all things the same I recommend that in lieu of going out in this horrible weather we got here in Alberta, that we sit back and watch Changing Rooms on HGTV so that way we can better be prepared in understanding the English sense of HeeHaw. By the way nice quote I think I seen that somewhere before prehaps

Forum Member

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
    Now who is missing? LACAPT and Jay911 off the top of my head.
    I KNOW you meant to include my name too, eh

You know, when it was -50 there, I was driving to work with my sun glasses on, eh Gotta love the west coast and living on an Island in the pacific.... to bad gas is pushing $4.00 a gallon... on a GOOD day!!!

One problem I find with the fire service in this little corner of Canada are that the fate of most fire departments are decided by people in offices who don't even know the addresses to the stations they are dictating to.... (put that is a pretty common problem anywhere).

Another, in BC, is the entire EHS system. It would be nice if it was closer to the American System of EMT-B, EMT-I, and EMT-P and firefighters being able to take any or all of them (courses). As a firefigther, the furthest I can go within the department, medical wise, is First Responder III. I would like to be able to further my medical skills without having to go to a third party provider not recognized, or paid for, by the department.

But that's just this corner of the country....eh...
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firefighter26
    Another, in BC, is the entire EHS system. It would be nice if it was closer to the American System of EMT-B, EMT-I, and EMT-P and firefighters being able to take any or all of them (courses). As a firefigther, the furthest I can go within the department, medical wise, is First Responder III.
    Tell me about it. I have had several EMT-A's and the like come through our dept/company in the last few years, and they can't even get equivalency without taking the whole bloody course.

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

I heard the Paramedic Academy is going through a shake down right now... in fact, I hear the entire BCAS system is going through a shake down.

What that means for fire departments, who knows. I can't see BCAS downloading transportation onto FDs (like some departments in the US), But I would certainly like to see us have access to the same medical certs as BCAS paramedics. Let them do the transportation, but at least give us the tools to do our job better... besides, we usually get on beat them by a good 15 minutes.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Thread Information