MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by TillerMan25
    Here are some interesting facts about "The Union Fireman's Friend," John Forbes Kerry.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/jf_kerry.htm

I am glad he is the IAFF's Buddy, because he sure isn't the buddy of any Soldiers. What a LOSER!
    I think:
    1. No man should be disrespected because he served in our military in a foregin war. It is by the grace of God that he wasn't killed.

2. No man who served should ever disrespect the US Military and use a distortion of fact and/or the bravery of others to advance his own ambitions.

3. This guy could only get elected as a Senator in MA or NY. He is a disgrace to the uniform he used to wear and will be an embarrassment to this country.

4. The GOP National Committee has probably adopted the slogan of the Wicked Witch of the West when it comes to bringing all this stuff to the forefront; "All in good time, my pretty. All in good time".

MembersZone Subscriber

George, I had read some stuff about him in the American Legion Magazine that my dad gets, but I didn't know it was as bad as that website exposed!

I would not disrespect the man because he served, and as minor as his wounds may have been, he earned his decorations. However he did the equivalent of Spitting on a Soldier and calling him a "Baby Killer." I hope this is brought to light in a national spectrum prior to the General Election.

Forum Member

If it is brought to light, it will be interesting. One can only imagine who will come out of the woodwork in defense or support of him and his past actions. Sadly, most people have forgotten about his actions in Vietnam Veterans Against the War and the left wingers will just eat that action up as we fight this new war that we are in. It proves he is still one of those radical anti-war people, , and has been all along. This plays right into the hands of many people in Hollyweird and you will see all of them come flying out of the woodwork to speak in support of him.

Unlike many, I think GWB has a pretty tough fight ahead of him, whether he faces, Dean, Kerry, or Edwards. I don't feel he has too much of an advantage, there are too many angles for him to be attacked by the Dems.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Unlike many, I think GWB has a pretty tough fight ahead of him, whether he faces, Dean, Kerry, or Edwards. I don't feel he has too much of an advantage, there are too many angles for him to be attacked by the Dems.
    I absolutely think you are right. But the fight will be with the media.

He will have an uphill battle on Iraq. He will have to get the message out that the intelligence that he was provided with sucked and that was the basis for his decisions. He didn't lie.

He will have a good fight on the war on terror as long as our anti-terrorism efforts continue to be sucessful.

He will have the easiest time with the economy. Their best argument seems to be that there weren't "enough" jobs created. OK. He's working on that. Low inflation, low interest rates, cos. starting to hire again, high consumer confidence, huge real estate market, all bode well.

Forum Member

Default KEEP LIVING IN THE PAST

Wanna go toe to toe? Web link to web link?Lets compare past history.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Jeepers. Just saw a news story that reported that workers' wages and benefits went up 0.7% in the last quarter. Was Kerry responsible for that?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: KEEP LIVING IN THE PAST

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    Wanna go toe to toe? Web link to web link?Lets compare past history.
    That's the best you can do?

You would be insulting a whole lot of people if you try to insinuate that service in the National Guard is any less honorable than other types of military service.

The DUI thing is history. He acknowledged it, admitted his mistake, apologized and moved on.

He was honorably dicharged. Period. So was Kerry. I, for one, refuse to disparage Kerry's military service. What I take great exception to is Kerry's treatment of his serviceman brothers after he was discharged.

Forum Member

Default My point is... To no one in particular

You can post "opinion based web pages" all you want..It's 2004 ..Not 1974. I dont know if any of these things are true. Do you?
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Default P.S.

I re-read the link I posted, and I dont see where it says anything about the National Guard being "less honorable" and if you think I AM insinuating that is the case, you are wrong George.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

..It's 2004 ..Not 1974.
    The facts presented in that link go up to as recently as 1996 and has a picture of Kerry and Teddy "DWI driver of the year award winner" Kennedy in a 2002 picture.

Yes, Kerry has an outstanding service record. But it stopped when he got out of the Military, he then began spitting on the very people he was charged with leading. He is a Crock.

You vote for Lurch and I will vote for Dubya, I am feeling that the IAFF members who support Kerry are going to be sorely disappointed in November (as you were in Nov. 2000, and Nov. 1996 and so on and so on...) And to the members who do not support Kerry, you should sue the Union for your $$$ back that went to his failure campaign.

Forum Member

I don't post often anymore but this is one post that I felt the need.

I still remember a lot of the things Kerry said and was involved with after his return from Viet Nam. I also remember the devastation a lot of us felt with the rhetoric of Hanoi Jane and her followers (such as Kerry & others). I spent 16 months hearing about and reading the garbage that was being spewed out. I even had to hear it upon returning home and thinking, how could this veteran attack us as pure evilness and wanton murderers.

Kerry had every right to do what he did but I personally felt betrayed and that feeling has never left me and probably never will. It would be a FREEZING (not just cold) DAY IN H#!! before I would even consider this man as Presidential material.

To all those that have served and are serving, I salute you.
    To all those that have given their lives and the POW's, MIA's. You will never be forgotten.
    Last edited by FireLt1951; 01-29-2004 at 03:08 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Kerry had every right to do what he did but I personally felt betrayed and that feeling has never left me and probably never will. It would be a FREEZING (not just cold) DAY IN H#!! before I would even consider this man as Presidential material.
    Absolutely! Well said.

I just listened to this guy speak on TV in SC today. Errrrr....Kerry supporters????

THIS MAN IS TELLING YOU HE IS GOING TO RAISE YOUR TAXES! THIS MAN IS TELLING YOU HE IS GOING TO DOWNSIZE OUR MILITARY WHEN WE ARE AT WAR! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?

MembersZone Subscriber

THIS MAN IS TELLING YOU HE IS GOING TO RAISE YOUR TAXES! THIS MAN IS TELLING YOU HE IS GOING TO DOWNSIZE OUR MILITARY WHEN WE ARE AT WAR! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?
    He isn't going to raise MY taxes, Howard Dean would however. As for the military, I will get back to that when I have a chance to read the comment myself
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

He isn't going to raise MY taxes
    How is he not going to raise your taxes? Where do I sign up to opt out?

MembersZone Subscriber

How is he not going to raise your taxes?
    Hopefully by not getting elected!

The tax issue might just be the most interesting one to watch. Kerry and almost everyone else is running with a "repeal the Bush tax cut" as a central plank in their platform.

Somewhere along the way, folks may figure out that repealing a tax cut means a tax increase. If so, the question is how will the general majority react. Walter Mondale ran on a platform of increased taxes to fix the budget and it went over like a lead balloon. Funny thing is his plank just called for an increase in taxes for those making over $60k a year (a really good income in 1984 and not bad today). Repealing the Bush tax cut will mean a tax increase for everyone.

I find it hard to believe that there is a winning message in telling people that the economic recovery an illusion because wages haven't grown and jobs haven't been created, and if you elect me I am going to take even more money out of your pocket.

MembersZone Subscriber

How is he not going to raise your taxes? Where do I sign up to opt out?
    He has stated he will not roll back the middle class tax cuts. Not changing the child tax credit. In any case the "T" word doesn't alarm me. I would rather pay the federal tax I was paying before and have a balanced budget, or even a surplus, remember the surplus?

The tax cuts amounted to a tax shift. By the way, now that Bush passed his medicare BS, the cost has suddenly risen by a third. Brilliant plan. Reduce revenues and spend spend spend. Even conservatives are ticked about that.

Jan. 29, 2004 | WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush's new budget will project that the just-enacted prescription drug program and Medicare overhaul will cost one-third more than previously estimated and will predict a deficit exceeding $500 billion for this year, congressional aides said Thursday.

Instead of a $400 billion 10-year price tag, Bush's 2005 budget will estimate the Medicare bill's cost at about $540 billion, said aides who spoke on condition of anonymity. Bush will submit on Monday a federal budget for the fiscal year 2005, which starts next Oct. 1.
    Last edited by Duffman; 01-29-2004 at 09:23 PM.
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

He has stated he will not roll back the middle class tax cuts. Not changing the child tax credit. In any case the "T" word doesn't alarm me. I would rather pay the federal tax I was paying before and have a balanced budget, or even a surplus, remember the surplus?

The tax cuts amounted to a tax shift. By the way, now that Bush passed his medicare BS, the cost has suddenly risen by a third. Brilliant plan. Reduce revenues and spend spend spend. Even conservatives are ticked about that.
    First things first. The Medicare plan was not a wise plan. I think it, as well as the immigration fiasco (which is not as big of a fiasco as Nancy Peliosi's plan would be) will be poor public policy. Yes, I am still voting for him.

"Rolling back the tax cuts for the wealthy" is political, election year rhetoric. Using their definitions, you're wealthy.

The surplus is being spent in Iraq. If George Bush hadn't been courageous enough to adopt an economic stimulus plan while still engaged in Iraq, we would not be in a recovery now. Assuming that we win the war and bring the troops home, the surplus will be back soon after w/GWB at the helm.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Leaving partisanship aside...

I have a few observations on the democrats seeking their parties nomination for president.

1. Given the format of the debates, Al Sharpton may well be the best debator of the bunch.

2. While Edwards says he is not running for VP. He sure sounds like it when he begins numerous responses by noting his agreement with Kerry.

3. While it is important to show a united front. Someone had better start aiming shots at Kerry's bow soon or he will wrap things up in short order.

4. No matter what Dean says in public, Joe Trippi was fired.

5. Wes Clark may well be finished. His mouth moves way faster than his brain

6. Kucinich won't play well in the south....at all.

7. Who could Joe Lieberman choose as a running mate who would not overshadow him? Then again I don't think we have to worry about Lieberman choosing a running mate.

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Your right about that aspect of Rev. Al.

In '88, I was ready to vote for Jesse Jackson after his speech at the Convention.

Forum Member

If anything, the lies used by the Bush administration concerning Iraq will be Bush's undoing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ThNozzleman
    If anything, the lies used by the Bush administration concerning Iraq will be Bush's undoing.
    That's IF it is shown that it was lies and not crappy intelligence. Remember, there are quotes from slick Willy talking about the same threat.

Forum Member

Sharpton has nothing to lose so he just says what he wants....I'd never vote for him but I have to admit he's fun to watch. Can you imagine a debate where everyone did that? Actually answered questions instead of making a mini-speech each time?

MembersZone Subscriber

The lack of WMD finds could have been an overwhelming issue, but the big problem is that Kerry has been pushing the Saddam/WMD threat for years.

Way back in 1998, he was leading the cheers when President Clinton launched Desert Fox (The December bombing offensive) and he voted in support of this war. He's spent years on the Senate Intelligence Committee looking at the same information both Bush and Clinton used to justify attacks. He may can make an issue about how we're handling the occupation of Iraq, but to use the reasons for the war as an issue would only serve to paint himself as a fellow victim in the eyes of those who blame intel failures or a co-conspirator in the eyes of those suspecting intentional deception. He can waffle and try to reinvent his record but it will come back to bite him badly.

Dean or Edwards could have made this a big issue, but they ain't gonna get the nod. Even the biggest anti-war folks will have a hard time saying that the world isn't a better place without Saddam around.

And Duffman, you're right about Clark. He's way out of his league.

Forum Member

Even the biggest anti-war folks will have a hard time saying that the world isn't a better place without Saddam around.
    Unfortunately, there are a whole bunch of other people who are no longer around, either. And the number grows every week.
    I thought this was interesting:
    http://www.kaicurry.com/gwbush/remindus.swf

Forum Member

That's IF it is shown that it was lies and not crappy intelligence.
    Oh, I'm sure they'll blame some nameless intelligence...but that won't cut it with me.
    Remember, there are quotes from slick Willy talking about the same threat.
    Maybe so; but Bill Clinton is not the president...and he didn't invade another nation.

Thread Information