Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber ullrichk's Avatar

Wink For the beer lovers. . .and I know you're out there

I'm not a beer drinker myself, but I thought this would touch the hearts of those so inclined . . .

Army Joins Struggle to Save Beer
    Tue Jan 20, 8:59 AM ET

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia has sent in the army to bolster a week-long struggle to rescue 10 tons of beer trapped under Siberian ice, Itar-Tass news agency said Tuesday. A lorry carrying the beer sank when trying to cross the frozen Irtysh river, and a rescue team of six divers, 10 workers and a modified T-72 tank from the emergencies ministry have so far failed to save the load.

"The situation hasn't developed according to our ideal scenario," the deputy head of the Cherlaksky region, told the agency. Temperatures were around minus 27 degrees Celsius (minus 17 degrees Fahrenheit) in the region, near the Siberian city of Omsk and around 1,400 miles from Moscow.

A week-long effort to cut a 100 yard corridor to the river bank to pull the truck to dry land failed when the vehicle was swept away from the rescue site, Tass said.

But it said the soldiers were confident it would take them just a day to retrieve the beer.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Screw the SSBN Kursk,save the beer though.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

GOOD GOD! IF WE CAN SEND A USAR TO IRAN, WE CAN CERTAINLY SEND ONE TO SIBERIA IN THIS TIME OF INTERNATIONAL CRISIS!!!!!!!!!

Temporarily/No Longer Active Cellblock776's Avatar

It could have been worse. It could have been a load of Barqs Rootbeer, the necter of the gods.

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    GOOD GOD! IF WE CAN SEND A USAR TO IRAN, WE CAN CERTAINLY SEND ONE TO SIBERIA IN THIS TIME OF INTERNATIONAL CRISIS!!!!!!!!!
    Our Dept has already got the skidoos warmed up. We'll cross the Bearing Straight and be there in a couple of days. If we can't raise the truck, we are prepared to speed siphon the beer directly out of the cans with a customized beer bong.

It's the least a good Canadian can do!
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Everyone relax, it's Budweiser so no one will miss it.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

?????????????????????

Why so much gear, all you need is to tell a crew of 4 Kiwi fire Fighters "Beer is down there, fetch."
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Thread Information